Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 385,951 times)

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Morose on Feb 22, 2018, 03:05:47 AM
Not running man, Robocop

I stand corrected  :) thank you

Corporal Hicks

Check out these beauties!

It's not being done specifically for AvP but tell me that doesn't scream Derelict! I'm hoping these are reasonably priced as I'd love to back the campaign when it goes up!

Mr. Domino

I wonder if the scale would be close enough on these to fit the Halcyon Jockey model into the "Cosmos Chamber". I've been thinking of getting a recast of that to use with THB, would be particularly great if it could become a centerpiece to an entire map with these.

pmaz11

Yeah I think that design sits very well with the Derelict scene! Would go great with my miniatures but no room unfortunately. I do agree that Halcyon Space Jockey model is a perfect fit for this display/model and the AVP miniatures.

Corporal Hicks

I've asked them what the dimensions are. I bet that's something they've thought about.

Corporal Hicks

Managed to snag some Alien Eggs. I think they were KS-only?

JokersWarPig

Anyone have a link for where to get the game/those WY mercs? I saw a dropship model on facebook this morning in the same scale as these guys (I think anyways).
I started painting up Warhammer mini's last year (I don't play, just as a hobby) and I'd really like to pick these up and paint them.

Corporal Hicks

Just ordered some Young Bloods and am actually attempting to paint some of the First Edition models as practice.  :)

pmaz11

Nice pickup Hicks. I really dig the Young Bloods (Scar, Chopper & Aliens vs. Predator video game Hunter designs).

I had done paintwork on the Chopper & Hunter ones ;D which I am very happy with but I know aren't the most professional haha. But I did go for more of a micro machines look to a lot of Alien/Predator miniatures.

I still need to paint the Scar miniature, but I might wait and try to customize it to look like a design from the new The Predator movie.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: pmaz11 on Mar 19, 2018, 02:38:37 AM
I had done paintwork on the Chopper & Hunter ones ;D which I am very happy with but I know aren't the most professional haha. But I did go for more of a micro machines look to a lot of Alien/Predator miniatures.

I'm picking up that vibe so you nailed that!

Couple of recent teases from Prodos -

Heavy Pulse Rifle. M41AE2?

Corporal Hicks

I finally tried painting some Aliens! It's not really my forte but I'm quite pleased with how they've turned out! Tried dry brushing with silver and bronze (maybe not quite lightly enough) but I like them! And just a poorly based Alien as comparison.

pmaz11

Good stuff! I like the bronze/copper effect of the one alien but they all have a nice turn out 👍🏼

Mr. Domino

So, I've actually gotten to play a few times recently - still with first edition stuff, as my second edition box will be arriving with the rest of my KS shipment (which in theory should be any day now)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed