Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 396,241 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Apr 02, 2019, 11:33:24 PM
Wonder if they could try getting individual Alien and Predator licenses and make two legally distinct but somehow compatible games ;D

That'd be sweet... I'd be happy with that.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 02, 2019, 03:40:22 PMPer Simon C Day (staff on the official group) on the Facebook group:

QuoteSo Fox/Disney have not renewed any AvP license for any body.

That sucks, but honestly I find it kinda understandable. In the general public's consciousness, AVP turned out two less-than-stellar movies, the second of which is widely regarded as total trash.

Even when you think about the comics, there really haven't been that many AVP titles (at least, not compared to the separate lines).

Still, I doubt this'll be the end of AVP for good. It could even be that they just wanna handle it internally rather than shipping it out to other people.

Sucks for fans of the game though.

Voodoo Magic

QuoteSo Fox/Disney have not renewed any AvP license for any body.

Serious question: Has there been evidence of any Alien or Predator standalone licensing being renewed?

Neca would be my first target of inquiry. Dark Horse second, but I'm pretty damn confident its going to Marvel when the term of that license deal runs out. As a business model, it only makes sense to do it in-house.

SiL

Not yet.

JokersWarPig

I'd imagine Neca stands a good chance of being left alone...they do already have some kind of deal with Marvel/Disney for some other products like their 1/4 figures.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Apr 03, 2019, 02:34:25 PM
I'd imagine Neca stands a good chance of being left alone...they do already have some kind of deal with Marvel/Disney for some other products like their 1/4 figures.

Or maybe they let the original Fox/Neca deal expire, then renegotiate at the very least.

razeak

I just ordered the Sentry Guns, some warriors, and the Queen. I think I might order some more later. Not sure. I really want the crusher, the APC, and the dropship.

Nukiemorph

I just hope Dark Horse and Titan to finish everything they're doing this year.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: razeak on Apr 03, 2019, 02:57:49 PM
I just ordered the Sentry Guns, some warriors, and the Queen. I think I might order some more later. Not sure. I really want the crusher, the APC, and the dropship.

APC and dropship are both hugely challenging kits fyi

Whiskeybrewer

Craziness at times

Corporal Hicks

Re: licensing and Dark Horse:

QuoteI just talked to Dark Horse, and they say that Disney "not renewing any AvP licenses" is completely false and they have the AvP license for "at least the next couple of years".

Via Doug Craig also on Facebook official group. Good to know Dark Horse is still good.

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 04, 2019, 07:33:16 PM

QuoteI just talked to Dark Horse, and they say that Disney "not renewing any AvP licenses" is completely false and they have the AvP license for "at least the next couple of years".

Via Doug Craig also on Facebook official group. Good to know Dark Horse is still good.

We're gonna be okay for now.

[cancerblack]

So we know:

Prodos had known about not getting the licence renewed for a while, but not that long.

It was a surprise for them, since they were designing/planning more releases for the coming year.

It is apparently only them not getting renewed.

Voodoo Magic

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

*Everyone celebrates except Old One*

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 04, 2019, 08:20:44 PM

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

*Everyone celebrates except Old One*
https://i.imgur.com/RcBFNBT.gif

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed