Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game

Started by Manchu, Oct 10, 2013, 03:38:58 PM

Author
Aliens v. Predator - The Hunt Begins Miniatures Game (Read 397,356 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 02, 2019, 03:40:22 PM
I suppose that means we wont be seeing the new comic series either.

Disney in there logic have decided AvP to be non profitable compered to Alien or the Predator franchise.

So the chances of my beloved future AVP game just got screwed.

They must of thout the films sucked.

It was never about the movies for AVP.

So Fox/Disney have not renewed any AvP license for any body.

"You're cutting off my dick and shoving it up my ass."

The Old One

The Old One

A terrifying new era begins.

Wweyland

Is NECA next?

The Kurgan

To quote the words of Quintus Lentulus Batiatus:

Xenomorphine

They need to drag the proverbial carcass of each respective individual series back up to a properly profitable level, before renewing their confrontational relationship. Just means that the concept is going dormant for a certain time.

And if they don't think the AVP stuff is worth pursuing (at the present moment), I'd imagine that means something similar for the prequel series, considering the famously poor ticket sales in AC's second week.

The Old One

The Old One

The two (three?) aren't remotely comparable.

Ridley Scott's got pedigree cinematically, yet.

AVP's got the reverse.

Thunderjack88

To be honest my group are still going to play the game we are all happy with it and to be honest it didn't have a massive amount of room to expand all factions.

I've been a fan of the team up since reading my first AvP comic and I'm surprised how well it's done compared to other VS franchises, if Disney plot like they normally do both franchises will be on top and ready for a true Vs movie for hopefully another miniatures game.
In the mean time if your excuse me I'm going to see how many historical games I can insert my predators into!

-TJ88

Voodoo Magic

It's not the end of AvP, which is a Fox license and trademark. I believe this is all about new ownership now and Disney's proclivity to do all their products in house like comics, games, toys. And old licensing just won't be renewed under their current form.

The Old One

The Old One

Both, perhaps.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 02, 2019, 07:36:42 PM
Both, perhaps.

You should caveat in this thread that in your deepest recesses of your heart, nothing would make you happier than to see the end of AvP.  ;)

The Old One

The Old One

Untrue, I want AVP videogames.

Voodoo Magic

Ah! Fair enough!

Remember when Fox once thought Alien and Predator was no longer viable as a stand alone franchises? It's all cyclical, me thinks. I personally do not believe this will be the end of AvP at all. I predict it will eventually start up again, down the road, maybe in comics under Marvel's rule. And so it will go.

It's all about the almighty dollar. As long as there is money to be made!

The Old One

The Old One

We'll see.
Disney isn't 20th Century Fox.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 02, 2019, 07:51:12 PM
We'll see. Disney isn't 20th Century Fox.

But Marvel is Marvel. And right now Conan the Barbarian is mixing it up with the characters of the mcu! :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed