Prometheus 2 cast member added. Morse from Alien 3?

Started by DemonicD13, Sep 29, 2013, 03:59:20 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 cast member added. Morse from Alien 3? (Read 7,467 times)

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 29, 2013, 11:11:25 PM
all the prisoners were engineers :o

Bishop II was neither human or android.

He was engineer.

Alien³

Morse in Prometheus 2?

This is not true...

...but if it was...

Spoiler
[close]

RobThom

The Horror...
:(

The Horrooor...

:o

goneja

goneja

This sounds like a joke (Cast list? Where?) but it actually would be quite interesting if Shaw's actions in Paradise took her 80-90 years to get to for some reason.

I don't see what Morse has to do with anything though. At all. Never thought Alien 3 was a BAD movie persay, but I think it's an insult to the preceding films and I don't think anyone could give a shit about Morse when it came out let alone now.

If I have to rewatch Alien 3 knowing morse saved Shaw or something, I'd be groaning.

Snark

If somehow this is true, the only thing that makes sense is that he was the last human survivor to encounter the Alien up to that point. How this would be used? Who knows what these crazy writers will concoct.

Good old Time Travel?

Hypersleep?

Shaw's plot ends around 2094 and it picks up in 2179 with Morse and others?

I will be shocked if this actually turns out to be true. 

Xenomorphine

From what I recall, Scott isn't a fan of the third effort, which makes this either coincidental or doubtful.

Inverse Effect

Gash

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Oct 18, 2013, 08:50:45 AM
From what I recall, Scott isn't a fan of the third effort, which makes this either coincidental or doubtful.

Is he not? I know he visited the set during production. I've only ever heard that Scott felt that ALIENS took the story in a direction he wouldn't have chosen, but I can't see how that would necessarily inform his view of ALIEN3, especially when ALIEN3 is almost a direct sequel to ALIEN and a snub to Aliens.

SM

I don't recall Riddles saying much about any of the sequels other than he was surprised none of them went to the Alien homeworld.

Xenomorphine

Every time he's been asked about the sequels, he gives diplomatic replies, but says he feels they ended up going in a bad direction - with the notable exception of 'Aliens'.

And since he's never seen the 'Versus' efforts...

Gash

Is that true? I've only heard him say that Aliens went in a generic action movie direction he wouldn't have chosen if he had been invited back by Fox to make the sequel. In fact I've also heard Cameron say he understands how Ridley felt about Aliens after he himself saw Terminator 3.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

About the only quotes from Scott about the sequels I could find over the years

""Theres also no question that Cameron made an excellent film with Aliens. It really is an achievement" (Alien: Illustrated Screenplay) (he also mentions in the same source that he thought they were too many aliens overexposuring the creature this way and that the queen was a very good idea)

""It's always tough to follow a successful film with a sequel to it ... It could never be as frightening [in the sequel] because you've already seen it. Therefore, what I think James Cameron [did with ALIENS] was a terrific action-picture. It's difficult what he accomplished"

"I would never ever critique or criticize Aliens because I think it was very successful and what he did was really good" (Jake Hamil int 2012)"

About the only closest thing I heard Scott saying about Alien 3 would be those sources:
"Alien has since been subjected to the ignominy of three sequels.. Of these, Scott (and everyone else) prefers the first: James Cameron's Aliens (1986) -  independent.co.uk introduction before an interview with Ridley Scott"

Lindelof:" I can guarantee you that many times over the intervening years, he [Ridley Scott] was aware of what was happening with the Alien franchise. And his silence on those movies, with the exception of Aliens, which I think he is a fan of and I know he's also a huge Fincher fan, but post-Alien 3 — both Resurrection and the Alien vs. Predator mash-ups, I think Ridley's feeling was, It's time for me to now take the reins and put the ship back on course"

I know when doing interviews for Prometheus Scott didnt even remember anything about Alien 3, he said "One was set on a prison, wasnt it?". Doesnt sound like he cared much for it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed