Fassbender is UNSURE of PROMETHEUS SEQUEL

Started by CainsSon, Sep 18, 2013, 08:01:34 AM

Author
Fassbender is UNSURE of PROMETHEUS SEQUEL (Read 5,461 times)

Blacklabel

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Sep 21, 2013, 01:12:03 PM
They made Insidious 2 happen pretty quickly. If Predators had also made close to 100 times its budget you would probably be dusting off your special edition Predators 2 BR right now.

I kid. I haven't a single clue about how Hollywood works.

Insidious 2 is also a lower budget horror film, simpler as well. :P Big budget flicks take more time.. (unless your name is michael bay,)

Terx2

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Sep 20, 2013, 07:35:23 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 18, 2013, 07:18:44 PM
Development Hell incoming.

"gulp".

I'm not surprise since it looks like Fox can never make a sequel happen at all. It been three years since Predators and no Predators sequel. The same will happen with Prometheus.

We it did take a while to get a sequel to Alien along with many more films.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Blacklabel on Sep 23, 2013, 02:26:46 PMInsidious 2 is also a lower budget horror film, simpler as well. :P Big budget flicks take more time.. (unless your name is michael bay,)

Indeed, these movies cost a bomb to make and are a big risk. I would be surprised if the business case for Prometheus 2 wasn't looking pretty good though, which was my point. I don't doubt that it will get made, for better or worse - Alien movies are like crack to Fox.

maledoro

If a proper sequel isn't made, Prometheus should get the Close Encounters of the Third Kind: The Special Edition treatment (only without a shitty ending), where Scott goes back with a few of the actors and adds new scenes and tries to make the movie more coherent and cohesive.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed