True Detective (HBO)

Started by Shasvre, Sep 11, 2013, 02:45:14 PM

Author
True Detective (HBO) (Read 24,098 times)

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

this is possibly the best first season of a television drama ever. cant believe no one on here is talking about it

Rong

Rong

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Mar 11, 2014, 12:58:06 AM
this is possibly the best first season of a television drama ever. cant believe no one on here is talking about it

People are talking about it, mainly in the last tv show you watched thread.

i think myself cal and eva and kiramid are the only ones on board, and i think only myself and eva an cal have seen it to the end.

Spoiler
I liked the end, i like how the Yellow king was an average shit kicker, and there wasn't this massive twist, made it seem more realistic and made it all the more creepier, and i did like the allegory it ends with about light and dark.
[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

Oh god, not elementary light/dark metaphors! :-X :P

I'll still watch this eventually, though :P

Rong

Rong

didn't think you'd click the spoiler but i knew you'd shit all over it when you actually got to see it, lol i make it sound worse than it is tho  :laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

Don't worry, in Fukunaga I trust.

I'm just disappointed I don't get my Lovecraftian drama I was hoping for.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I loved the show, but the finale left me a little unimpressed.

Spoiler
I was pretty underwhelmed by the not-creepy-at-all fat f**k hick and his silly Cary grant impression.
[close]

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 11, 2014, 01:12:29 AM
I'm just disappointed I don't get my Lovecraftian drama I was hoping for.

pfft i was praying it wasn't going to be that, the end result is much creeper imho.
Spoiler
just another would-be Ed Gein playing around in the remnants of so-called Carcosa, the last withered branch of a "cult" that seemingly succumbed to the same post-Industrial entropy that's consumed the rest of the show's desiccated vision of Swamp Country.
[close]

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 11, 2014, 01:14:54 AM
I loved the show, but the finale left me a little unimpressed.

Spoiler
I was pretty underwhelmed by the not-creepy-at-all fat f**k hick and his silly Cary grant impression.
[close]

See above,
Spoiler
usually evil is the most pedestrian of things and it's always scarier in that respect
[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

Yeah, but by the same token, we've already had a shitload of serial killer dramas over the last three decades, so this isn't breaking a lot of ground in that regard :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Spoiler
I dunno, he was built up as this intimidating giant with scars on his face, and he turned out to be something out of a Rob Zombie movie. I was hoping for something more Lords of Salem than Halloween II extra.
[close]

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Cvalda on Mar 11, 2014, 01:21:23 AM
Yeah, but by the same token, we've already had a shitload of serial killer dramas over the last three decades, so this isn't breaking a lot of ground in that regard :P

Lol ok lets be contrarian at the sake of quality lolnope.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 11, 2014, 01:21:35 AM
Spoiler
I dunno, he was built up as this intimidating giant with scars on his face, and he turned out to be something out of a Rob Zombie movie. I was hoping for something more Lords of Salem than Halloween II extra.
[close]

Spoiler
if they'd handled it any differently it would have been too unbelievable i think, i nearly had issues with the "carcosa" because its almost unbelievable that no one would have found it before but ohwell
[close]

Aspie

Aspie

I have all the episodes recorded. On a scale from 1-10' what would you guys rate it?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Rong

Rong

High ups brah.

i'm still colating in my head, but based on ep4 it's about a 8.5 - 9ish for me.

Aspie

Aspie

Hmmmmm good enough for me. The market is drenched with cop shows, was wondering if this separated itself.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed