Would you trust Gearbox on Predator franchise?

Started by demonbane, Aug 20, 2013, 05:29:23 AM

Should Gearbox take responsibility?

Yeah.... maybe? I am an idiot and represent everything wrong with gaming industry...
5 (10.4%)
Hell, no! They will outsource this as well!
43 (89.6%)

Total Members Voted: 47

Author
Would you trust Gearbox on Predator franchise? (Read 3,874 times)

The Dutch Ghost

I honestly wish Raven software still made PC FPS or the old Monolith that made AVP2 was still around because quite frankly there doesn't seem to be a game developer around anymore that does sci fi action games well in general.

I have no memories of Rebellion from their AVP1 days and personally I found AVP2010 rather average so I would not pick them myself to ask to make another Alien, Aliens, or Predator based game.

Gearbox pretty much shot itself down with Aliens Colonial Marines and Duke Nukem Forever before that.
Now I know that DNF was developed by 3D Realms and Gearbox finished it for publishing, and that ACM was done by three developers, but Gearbox was running the show and they screwed it up, plain and simple.

Also the Borderlands games were never that good to begin with, just repetitive grind fests after a while.

Now if there is another Predator game intended for the portables my first choice would be Wayforward as they seem to have a knack for such games, though I would insist it is an original story and not based on any of the movies or books/comics.
A shame Wayforward has never tried its hands on making a big console or PC based shooter, creative wise I think they could pull it off.

Hell-Scorpion

Hell-Scorpion

Trust? No. Play? Yes.  Enjoy? Maybe. Though I think it should probably have both Predator & human campaigns, don't really give a shit about multiplayer though....but I have doubts Gearbox will get their fingers on Predator...

biggymac

I hope not. Gearbox has f**ked me twice. I was juiced for the duke nukem so I got the collector's edition n got a damn little paper weight duke head for 40 bucks extra. Then f**ked me for A:CM. Then I ended up buying both Duke n Aliens agian cause Randy Pitchford is the antichrist. He has my soul :'(. I would end up buying it anyways if they did make it.

OpenMaw

I wouldn't trust them on the McDonald's Franchise.  >:(

Razz

Was tempted to vote yes for giggles but the mere mention of Gearbox makes my finger twitch for the "no" option.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed