The AvPGalaxy Podcast - Thread 2.0

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 15, 2013, 05:13:36 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Podcast - Thread 2.0 (Read 51,200 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Glad you enjoyed it. I don't know how I'll cope with the entire game. xD

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2014/09/09/avpgalaxy-podcast-18-online/

Episode 18 is now online. Apologies it look so long to get uploaded - it was recorded back in June and deals with Predators and ideas for the franchise moving forward.

Hope you all enjoy.

So for our next episode we were thinking of doing something related to anything Alien/v/Predator/Prometheus that we did for Halloween. Did anyone here do anything they'd like to do a recording of to share on the episode?

I was listening to the first cut over episode 21 on the way to work. Doesn't sound like it'll need any more editing so should have the episode up tonight or tomorrow.  :)

We'll be recording our last episode of the year on Saturday.

Corporal Hicks

Hi guys,

Is anyone having issues streaming the podcasts? I've had a report that they cut off around half an hour.

TheBATMAN

Just wanted to say I've been moving through these at a quick pace. Very, very entertaining stuff gents (if a little short; some of us have long car journeys  ;D).

Keep them going. And I may I suggest setting up a skype call in service so community members can join in and pitch questions on whatever topics you're discussing.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Mar 06, 2015, 09:16:50 PM
Just wanted to say I've been moving through these at a quick pace. Very, very entertaining stuff gents (if a little short; some of us have long car journeys  ;D).

That's exactly when I like listening to podcasts.  :)

QuoteKeep them going. And I may I suggest setting up a skype call in service so community members can join in and pitch questions on whatever topics you're discussing.

What do you mean? I looked up that but it didn't bring anything up.

DoomRulz

A Google Hangout would work better for that.

TheBATMAN

I just mean activate your skype voicemail so that people can call and leave questions on whatever topic you will be discussing on the next podcast. Either that or just get people to record and send in short MP3's. It's what we do on our Resident Evil podcast and it just allows for the community to be a bit more involved.

Corporal Hicks

Ah. Good idea. I'll certainly look into that and give it a go.

spawn_se7en

Dose anyone know why rss feed gor the podcast is not working, I have tryed to download the episodes and it keeps failing.  Thanks

Corporal Hicks

I'll pass this onto the boss. Please bear with us. In the meantime you can find download links on the podcast page: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/podcasts/

Corporal Hicks

Our next episode will be a discussion about the original Aliens comics, Book 1, 2 and Earth War, that follow on with Hicks and Newt and how that might apply to Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5. If you have anything to say on the matter or anything you'd like to hear us discuss, please let us know!  :)

Murfy426

Would be cool if you guys each gave your short idea on how you would do the alien 5 story if you were the script writer would be real interesting considering your knowledge and passion about the universe.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 15, 2015, 12:22:08 PM
Our next episode will be a discussion about the original Aliens comics, Book 1, 2 and Earth War, that follow on with Hicks and Newt and how that might apply to Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5. If you have anything to say on the matter or anything you'd like to hear us discuss, please let us know!  :)

1. What's your take on how the Space Jockeys were portrayed in the Earth War trilogy?

2. What is your take on an alien infestation on Earth in the movie universe? (Not AVPR but global) Is it something that should be definitively avoided or a way to jump-start the franchise into a totally different direction? For example, rather than having a movie set during the battle for Earth, just have it in the background as a plot device, that our home planet is now overrun with the alien.

Corporal Hicks

Just missed it! We just finished recording. Can't say we talked about the Jockey's too much but we do talk about the invasion.

Murfy426

awesome hope it gets released soon aint listened to a podcast in a while need my fix lol excited to hear your take on the invasion

Corporal Hicks

Latest episode is up.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed