The AvPGalaxy Podcast - Thread 2.0

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 15, 2013, 05:13:36 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Podcast - Thread 2.0 (Read 51,165 times)

DoomRulz

Hey Jon! I did receive your message and my apologies for not responding sooner. You're quite welcome and we also appreciate the feedback, so thank you as well. I'm a big DOOM fan in general so I look forward to seeing future projects from you ;D

bladeghost

Right On! Thanks! Great job guys!  All the Best!

RidgeTop

Glad you liked the podcast. I really enjoyed your Event Horizon and Prometheus mods, excellent work on both of them. I probably got more satisfaction from your Prometheus mod than I did from the actual film; it was truly a joy to throw that basketball around, blasting the bodies of the crew to bits during the briefing scene. Also, the incorporation of Aliens and Predators was great. I hope to see you working with id Tech 5 one of these days.

Darwinsgirl

I enjoyed the comic critiques. I liked the comment for not reading a series because of too many "vs" this made me smile. My sentiments exactly.

Corp. Hicks would you be able or know of a link that shows the comic that came with the game you have?

Looking forward to the next podcast "vs" ?  ;)

Space Sweeper

Though I didn't agree with half of it, mostly the Prometheus stuff, and it sounded like Doom was using his mic as both a backscratcher and tissue, it was a really good... certainly impassioned podcast.  :laugh:

I loved the little "quit your griping" touch at the end, too.

SM

SM

That was my irritation rearing its not altogether attractive head.

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 16, 2014, 03:03:33 AM
Though I didn't agree with half of it, mostly the Prometheus stuff, and it sounded like Doom was using his mic as both a backscratcher and tissue, it was a really good... certainly impassioned podcast.  :laugh:

Gah. If I return, I'll be sure to not be multitasking.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 16, 2014, 03:03:33 AM

SM likes to take the piss outta me at the end of the odd podcast in his own ways.  :P

Russ

Russ

I found the podcast really fascinating. I was reminded of other threads on the forum, the ones about Predator 2 -- there seems to be more haters than lovers of that one, but it does what the (true) fans purportedly want -- does something new with new characters in a new setting that has nothing to do with previous one. (well, aside from the Busey line, anyway).

But yes - the points about they (the creative teams writing this stuff) do seem to think the way to the fans hearts is by referencing / rehashing what's gone on before are completely valid. But then - I like that stuff. I think it was Ridgetop said that the great thing about A:CM was walking through the excellently realised Sullaco and so on - and he's right - I got a massive thrill out of that (but as I've said elsewhere, I'm not a big gamer, so I don't really get all the hate -- and I've not finished the game yet).

But it does seem that we do want Colonial Marines vs Aliens vs Predator(s) in a decently realised movie - or is that the wrong takeaway from the 'cast? Are we looking more towards new characters, new situations unrelated (as much as possible) from the marines and xenos. Like the first AvP comic? I've read many places "Why they hell didn't they just make that!"

SM

SM

If only the Sulaco and colony were excellently realised.  Bit the anal continuity nitpicker that I am, I found them pissweak.

Corporal Hicks

I have just uploaded the 15th episode of the AvPGalaxy Podcast. Listen as Dachande and I recall our experiences of our recent visit to Creative Assembly's studios for our hands-on experience with Alien Isolation:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/files/podcasts/avpg_pc_episode15.mp3

If you're a new listener or have missed any of our episodes, you can find all our previous recordings in the Podcast section of the website. I'd like to thank Creative Assembly for giving us the opportunity to play the game and visit their studios.

SM

SM

Really dug the enthusiasm on this one.

Corporal Hicks

Was really easy to do when we had something to be excited about!

SiL

SiL

Well it's nice to know how unexciting talking with me about comics and novels is :P

But for reals, nice podcast.

Predatorium

Nice podcast! It's nice to hear you were really scared and excited when playing it :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed