Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,915 times)

dHunter333

dHunter333

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 01, 2018, 02:43:53 PM
How do you like the Jockey?

the space jockey is an amazing, beautiful, large piece
i love it, would've preferred plastic to foam, but apparently that would've cost a ton more?
great piece, it seems overpriced, surprised i've never seen it on any kind of discount anywhere at all ever...

if you think you might enjoy it? you will

windebieste

windebieste

My eyes!  They burn with Joy! 

Too much Goodness on those shelves!

Love the NECA dog aliens surrounding their MacFarlane counterpart.  "Oooh... Lookit him!  He's one of us; but not one of us!..Ahhh!"

Any chance of one day making a custom Working Joe?  NECA's one big omission.

-Windebieste.

Russ840

Russ840

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I'm just now hearing about this, but I'm not upset about it either.

Kailem

Kailem

It's very recent news, Randy only mentioned it on Twitter a day or so ago I think. The idea was kinda neat, but I wasn't really thinking about getting them either way.

I think he also mentioned he was looking into other ways for people to get hold of them (as in ordering them from the website), so if you were wanting to pick them up it might be good to keep an eye out for news on that front.

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Best predator figure neca have made imo is the elder clan leader ... he's so unique and big compared to all the others , plus his paint job is outstanding, and you can get some great poses out of him , and he has a removable mask!!  . I would love to see neca blow him up to 1/4 scale . One can only dream but if you ever do neca,  eat my money please !

ScrapBrain

ScrapBrain

I was really hoping Neca would continue the Kenner tributes by including  a Bull or Panther/Cougar Alien to make the next lot another triple threat like the Gorilla, Queen Facehugger and Mantis were. The Scorpion and Snake look kinda cool, but I feel the quadrupeds are really lacking here.

Russ840

Russ840

I would imagine that the licensing problem is to do with Disney buying Fox and Disney owns Marvel. 

Perhaps this created the licensing conflict ?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ScrapBrain on Mar 07, 2018, 10:32:44 PM
I was really hoping Neca would continue the Kenner tributes by including  a Bull or Panther/Cougar Alien to make the next lot another triple threat like the Gorilla, Queen Facehugger and Mantis were. The Scorpion and Snake look kinda cool, but I feel the quadrupeds are really lacking here.

I'm waiting for those myself. The Bull was my first Kenner figure so it's one of those nostalgic things for me. I'd imagine they'll come eventually. They've got the Runner as a base for it.

Quote from: Russ840 on Mar 08, 2018, 07:37:19 AM
I would imagine that the licensing problem is to do with Disney buying Fox and Disney owns Marvel. 

Perhaps this created the licensing conflict ?

It is still being released though. It's just it's now a convention exclusive thing.

Russ840

Russ840

Oh ok. Didn't catch that. I wonder what the licensing problem is then?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

There are limitations on who can produce licensed figures at certain scales and where they can be sold, it's the same reason why you don't see NECA's TMNT figures on the pegs at Toys R Us.
Mattel has the license for most of DC's mass market 6" stuff - they likely got a little antsy after NECA released some figures centered around real-life people (Michael Keaton Batman, Superman vs Ali two-pack), and seeing NECA priming to release full-blown comic based stuff they probably said "Enough is enough" and got the lawyers involved.

There's some other examples of licensing things like that - all Funko POPs for "Star Wars" and "Marvel" are bobble-heads, Marvel Select is deliberately out of scale with Marvel Legends (and aren't sold in big-box retail stores, and have a limitation on the number of points of articulation they can have compared to Marvel Legends)

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

I just pray this line last long enough/is successful enough that we get the King Alien.

But I'm not holding my breath...

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Well if the China factory problem clears up without consequences and the Disney deal doesn't effect Neca, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them make the King Alien. Neca is known for doing a whole detailed lot of characters, most of them unexpected.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

NECA Queen and ISOLATION Xenos

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed