NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 812,015 times)

Wweyland

Wweyland

That looks insane. Are they also doing regular Apone?

Otter

Otter

Last I read negotiations with Matthews didn't bear fruit. I just figured that the Kenner-styled figure didn't require likeness rights. I'd be glad to be wrong and hear that a deal was struck and a movie version was on its way. But I don't  know that anyone's put that question to Randy/NECA directly.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Can't wait to have Snake on my shelf!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Otter on Feb 18, 2018, 12:30:34 PM
Last I read negotiations with Matthews didn't bear fruit. I just figured that the Kenner-styled figure didn't require likeness rights. I'd be glad to be wrong and hear that a deal was struck and a movie version was on its way. But I don't  know that anyone's put that question to Randy/NECA directly.
The old Kenner figure didn't have Matthews' likeness (and the bio card on the back of the packaging had some random guy, and was missing the cybernetics on the arm), so that was probably the loophole.

Bilbo5000

Bilbo5000

These are great...wonderful...Once again NECA will have my money :)
However....
Where are the Ultimate 86 Alien Warrior figures?
Was looking at pictures of my these last summer.
Anyone know what the deal is?

Kailem

Kailem

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/965259678233124868

Yep, looks like that was indeed the loophole and that no movie version Apone figure will be coming.

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

The Scorpion Alien actually looks great but the rest of it is just ridiculous.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Glad to see NECA has creative rights to any FOX properties so long as they are a limited run action figure series. So when will be get the Open bor re-release of AVP that capcom owns with some much needed enhancements? With all this profit, why can't NECA fund a 3D version of capcoms' AVP?

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Iv got to be honest guys I'm not feeling any of these figures , don't get me wrong Neca do do some quality figures , but  Neca are so hit and miss imo , a new predator line of figures I might pick up are the new hiya ones . The detail they have got for such small pieces is incredible , and the price is sound . I think it boils down to how delicate Neca figures are , and how expensive they are , iv on numerous occasions picked a figure up , only to discover missing parts or a broken figure . An example would be when I picked up a 1.4 big chap , only to find his leg was snapped off and the paint work was sloppy , when you are forking out a £100 that's big deal.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

The AvP arcade game was developed by CAPCOM, NOT KONAMI.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

who da fak said Konami?

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: acrediblesource on Feb 19, 2018, 12:36:36 AM
who da fak said Konami?

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2018/02/18/toy-fair-2018-aliens-series-13-dutch-linn-ultimate-elder-bad-blood-enforcer-predators/

Quote: "NECA will release a 2-pack featuring Dutch Schaefer and Linn Kurosawa. Dutch and Linn were playable characters in the 1994 Aliens vs. Predator arcade game from Konami. Dutch Schaefer comes with a blast effect for his huge mechanical arm, as well as backpack and interchangeable hands. Lt. Linn Kurosawa comes with sword and gun accessories."

FIX IT!  >:(

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

Konami's Aliens game was pretty sweet too though.  I put a lot of spare change into that bad boy.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gridseeker on Feb 19, 2018, 12:38:51 AM

While I don't appreciate the ALL CAPS RESPONSE, thank you for catching this. I've corrected this.

I am absolutely loving that Kenner wave! So stocked to me able to get updated versions of the Snake and Scorpion. Even Apone looks great - and I'm not that massive a fan of NECA's human figures!

Also loving the arcade Dutch and Linn. Love them keeping that cell shaded paint scheme. It works really well and feels really on theme.

I'm not sure I can say enough about how much I appreciate NECA just going all out with the various designs and into the EU. It's just great.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 19, 2018, 08:17:08 AM
Quote from: Gridseeker on Feb 19, 2018, 12:38:51 AM

While I don't appreciate the ALL CAPS RESPONSE, thank you for catching this. I've corrected this.

I am absolutely loving that Kenner wave! So stocked to me able to get updated versions of the Snake and Scorpion. Even Apone looks great - and I'm not that massive a fan of NECA's human figures!

Also loving the arcade Dutch and Linn. Love them keeping that cell shaded paint scheme. It works really well and feels really on theme.

I'm not sure I can say enough about how much I appreciate NECA just going all out with the various designs and into the EU. It's just great.

I apologize for the caps, it wasn´t my intention to upset you. Seriously.
About the figures, never in my life I even saw a Kenner figure but the "homage" figures are superb;  a couple of days ago I got the Gorilla Alien by Neca and it´s fabulous. Now my next target is the Mantis Alien, regarding the Dutch and Linn Kurosawa figures, gosh I twitted and posted a lot of request to Neca to make it. Never say never, you never know  ;)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed