NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 814,981 times)

windebieste

windebieste

Yes.  It looks like there's 2 Queen 'huggers in the pack.  Still, I feel a little let down that this figure was preferred over the Bull or even the Snake Alien.  I would have loved to have seen how NECA would have interpreted those 2 ludicrous items in modern figure form.   The whole outlandish concepts of the Mantis and Gorilla Aliens have had great treatment by this company. 

As the Queen Facehugger is based on the one we see in the extended version of 'ALIEN 3' and not some outlandish speculation like much of the rest of Kenner's production run from the early 1990's, it just feels out of place here.  I thought NECA would have more completely embraced updating Kenner's more more outrageous items more fully.  This figure feels out of place, a ring in.  It feels like it belongs in a 'Creature Pack' similar to what they released recently rather than this series.

I gotta admit, the Q. Hugger lacks the unrestrained wild appeal of the earlier 2 items they announced as part of series 10.  You got 2 out of 3 right here, NECA.  I really can't see myself buying this.

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I preordered the new Kenner wave on the spot, I cannot wait.

I also just got an "open box" NECA Power Loader for $20 off retail, I'm really looking forward to getting that in-hand.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

that gorilla alien could make for an awesome predalien or Praetorian if retooled or customized!

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus

For the love of God NECA, give me a King Alien.

Do it, please, DO IT!!!!

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: A_Sexual_Tyrannosaurus on Jul 24, 2016, 04:09:50 PM
For the love of God NECA, give me a King Alien.

Do it, please, DO IT!!!!

I'd totally buy a king alien, especially if in scale with their Queen figure.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

I'd love a Queen Mother Diorama with the Egg Sacs

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: windebieste on Jul 24, 2016, 01:16:36 AM
Yes.  It looks like there's 2 Queen 'huggers in the pack.  Still, I feel a little let down that this figure was preferred over the Bull or even the Snake Alien.  I would have loved to have seen how NECA would have interpreted those 2 ludicrous items in modern figure form.   The whole outlandish concepts of the Mantis and Gorilla Aliens have had great treatment by this company. 

As the Queen Facehugger is based on the one we see in the extended version of 'ALIEN 3' and not some outlandish speculation like much of the rest of Kenner's production run from the early 1990's, it just feels out of place here.  I thought NECA would have more completely embraced updating Kenner's more more outrageous items more fully.  This figure feels out of place, a ring in.  It feels like it belongs in a 'Creature Pack' similar to what they released recently rather than this series.

I gotta admit, the Q. Hugger lacks the unrestrained wild appeal of the earlier 2 items they announced as part of series 10.  You got 2 out of 3 right here, NECA.  I really can't see myself buying this.

-Windebieste.

I would be surprised if they don't make a bull and others. I think there will be more waves.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

The queen Facehuggers look accurate to what they were supposed to look in Alien 3, but the way they're painted makes it look like a half assed Kenner attempt. On the other hand, the queen facehuggers are nicely sculpted.

I wish they kept with the Kenner Aliens Gimmicks. I think it was part of the charm of the toys.

As for the rest of the aliens, they can't just make these two and stop, look at all the Kenner Predators they did and continuing to do. no they HAVE to make the bull, Rhino, and Snake aliens. maybe make some new designs too, would LOVE to see a snake alien!

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

They will.
And they'll be doing the Kenner Marines as well.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

BOOM, got the Gorilla Alien pre-ordered from Big Bad Toy Store! I can't wait to get my hands on these.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jul 24, 2016, 05:34:49 PM
And they'll be doing the Kenner Marines as well.

Those should be fun to see!

I still need to pick up the Alien Day Ripley.

Otter

Otter

Anyone who picked up Newt tried putting the helmet on Hicks?

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: bobcunk on Jul 24, 2016, 04:22:41 PM
Quote from: windebieste on Jul 24, 2016, 01:16:36 AM

-Windebieste.

I would be surprised if they don't make a bull and others. I think there will be more waves.

It would be great! On the other hand, I'd still like to see NECA release an 'ALIEN: Isolation' Working Joe figure, too.  Sadly, I'm not holding too much hope of that happening - but they did release the blue/brown video game version of the Dox Alien, so it may still happen! 

Certainly a second series of Kenner tributes will be welcome.  Bull, Snake and... I dunno... there's a few others they could do.  Crab... Scorpion...  Rhino... take your pick.  The original Kenner designs were fully loaded with LOLs for sure, but NECA's new sculpts for their Gorilla and Mantis figures are refreshing, solid and welcome.  I'd love to see more from them if this is the design philosophy they are pursuing for future tributes!

-Windebieste.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

If they're doing the Kenner marines I hope Hicks is the first they do. An updated design of him would work great as some USCM Special forces type.

Would anyone else be opposed to seeing Neca do a flying queen like the old Kenner one?

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

^ Sign me up for that Kenner release! It would be a nightmare in action figure form!

So, I just returned from my local TRU. I seen the WY Commando, Alien3 Ripley and the Dog Alien. They also had one 7" original Alien left. While inspecting these up close for the first time, I noticed on one of the Ripleys there was a good amount of paint (gold color) on the head hair. I looked at the other one and noticed there was a little bit of paint, but certainly not as much as the other. Would this be considered a variation rarity or simply skipping thru QC?

All three looked great btw. I will certainly pick up the WY Commando and Ripley, possibly tomorrow. There were plenty of Dog Aliens so I will wait on that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed