NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,326 times)

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 10, 2016, 07:40:49 AM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 10, 2016, 06:14:29 AM
From Neca..."thermal vision" glow in the dark AvP Alien.

Have you got a link to the source, Sabres?

Interesting concept, very very interesting. I would probably grab one of those. It's a pretty cool concept.

It popped up on NECA Twitter.  It actually wasn't supposed to be seen yet, but one of the international sellers jumped the gun and posted pics.

This will be a Toys R Us exclusive in the U.S. 

International sellers will be announced later.

Due for a late summer release.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Via NECA's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/neca_toys/status/733408911097745409
QuotePrepping another surprise reveal for #facehuggerfriday something unexpected & more conceptual a what if type of item. Speculate away

I wonder what it will be? Imagine if we got an Arcturian figure.

lightsyder

lightsyder

What's that?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

The first intelligent aliens that humans encountered in this universe. Made famous by the "Arcturian poontang" line in the second movie.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 19, 2016, 09:48:10 PM
Via NECA's Twitter:
QuotePrepping another surprise reveal for #facehuggerfriday something unexpected & more conceptual a what if type of item. Speculate away

If they're willing to make a "what if" figure of a creature that doesn't appear on-screen but aren't willing to make a figure of the River Ghost (which *is* on screen), then that's a little wacky.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Or it could be another Kenner figure. Looking forward to it, whatever it turns out to be.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

So this will be another concept figure, yes? I wonder if we're going to go down the road of hypothetical "facehugger implanting animal X so the adult would look like" figures. They're pretty talented creators in their own right but I don't think it'll fly if that's what they're going to do.

Of course...

What if... They make...finally...the Praetorian? Dream come true, number one wishlisted Alien toy. Please??

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 19, 2016, 10:33:35 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on May 19, 2016, 09:48:10 PM
Via NECA's Twitter:

If they're willing to make a "what if" figure of a creature that doesn't appear on-screen but aren't willing to make a figure of the River Ghost (which *is* on screen), then that's a little wacky.

RG requires unique sculpting. This thing will probably be like the little alien worker which uses most of the Aliens Xeno parts with a couple new things.

Whatever this is will likely be something made up of parts already used or that will be used later.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

There was a bit of discussion about making this from the Aliens Defiance comic...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on May 20, 2016, 12:00:55 AM
What if... They make...finally...the Praetorian? Dream come true, number one wishlisted Alien toy. Please??

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 20, 2016, 05:49:22 AM
There was a bit of discussion about making this from the Aliens Defiance comic...

I think it's going to be Tristan's Praetorian. They were talking about, then went to talking to Tristan and Dark Horse and then Tristan made a comment about awesome Alien and comic related news. If it is that, that's going to be an absolutely quick turnaround!

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 20, 2016, 07:15:33 AM

I think it's going to be Tristan's Praetorian. They were talking about, then went to talking to Tristan and Dark Horse and then Tristan made a comment about awesome Alien and comic related news. If it is that, that's going to be an absolutely quick turnaround!
Speaking as someone who hasn't been reading Defiance as it's been coming out (and is waiting for the eventual collected edition), can you tell me more about this Praetorian? Thanks :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 08:14:49 AMSpeaking as someone who hasn't been reading Defiance as it's been coming out (and is waiting for the eventual collected edition), can you tell me more about this Praetorian? Thanks :)

Not really, it hasn't appeared yet outside of the short preview in the Free Comic Book Day issue, which didn't explain it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It shows up in #2. According to Tristan it's going to be some sort of immediate stage between Queen and adult that is capable of egg morphing.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 08:14:49 AM

Speaking as someone who hasn't been reading Defiance as it's been coming out (and is waiting for the eventual collected edition), can you tell me more about this Praetorian? Thanks :)

You can read about its different appearances in games and comics here...
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Praetorian

This article does not include any information though on its appearance in the new Aliens Defiance comic which I got the pic I posted from. (Drawn by the very talented Tristan Jones)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Sabres21768 on May 20, 2016, 12:42:44 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 20, 2016, 08:14:49 AM

You can read about its different appearances in games and comics here...
http://avp.wikia.com/wiki/Praetorian

This article does not include any information though on its appearance in the new Aliens Defiance comic which I got the pic I posted from. (Drawn by the very talented Tristan Jones)
I know what a Praetorian is in general :P I was referring to the one in Defiance specifically, I guess I didn't make that clear, sorry.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed