NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,866 times)

Flexserve

Flexserve

Quote from: StayFrosty on Dec 18, 2015, 05:31:48 AM

- As said in one of the review videos, it's very hard to get the alien's back spikes in properly, as you have to assemble that yourself. It really hurt my hands. I even had to lubricate one of the parts, with lip gloss which I had handy, to get it in properly.

FYI
Just dip the part in hot water. The plastic expands and it goes on easily. It cools and contracts and therefore stays in place. Lubricant will stay and cause the part to be loose for a very long time.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/neca-14-scale-alien-figure-review/

Windi kindly sent across his review of the NECA 1/4 Scale Alien Figure which I've uploaded onto the website.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Mine included a small packet/satchel packed under the clear plastic tray used for storing the dorsal spine and tubes,still no idea what purpose it serves?

Mrcreosote

Mrcreosote

Silica gel?

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Mrcreosote on Dec 22, 2015, 12:58:06 AM
Silica gel?
Yeah.I think you're right.Used to combat moisture.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Elmazalman on Dec 22, 2015, 02:09:10 AM
Silica gel?
Also useful for pelting your coworkers with in a bird-shot-style attack. Tiny little gel balls. They bounce. ALOT.

Hoping to find the Big Chap in stores to see it first hand. Then I'll fall in love and bring it home.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Dec 22, 2015, 02:38:31 AM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Dec 22, 2015, 02:09:10 AM
Silica gel?
Also useful for pelting your coworkers with in a bird-shot-style attack. Tiny little gel balls. They bounce. ALOT.

Hoping to find the Big Chap in stores to see it first hand. Then I'll fall in love and bring it home.
It's a nice-looking figure-big too!

windebieste

windebieste

Ya.  It's a sizable figure by any standards:

"This son of a bitch is huge! I mean, it's like a man; it's... it's big!"

-Windebieste.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 22, 2015, 07:40:43 AM
Ya.  It's a sizable figure by any standards:

"This son of a bitch is huge! I mean, it's like a man; it's... it's big!"

-Windebieste.
Good review and pics!I quite like the milky-coloured carapace and think it's an improvement over the previous large scale figure.The new head sculpt and paint app is also more screen-accurate IMO.
The size of the figure surprised me at first but i've gotten used to it;for $200 i want it BIG!
Your'e lucky yours looks to be in flawless or near flawless condition considering all the QC issues with this release,i,m still trying to get rid of some stray paint from the dome on mine.

windebieste

windebieste

Ya.  I got a good one.  Despite this, I was very aware that other people weren't so lucky so it at least got mentioned in the review that the QC on the figure is inconsistent.  On these grounds, it had to be mentioned.  One thing I did miss out on that should have been present was any appraisal of the paint work.  I should have mentioned that it was a decent job with some fine details and highlights and the selection of colour might not suit everyone's taste but the attention to detail is overall positive.  Oh well... I never did write a perfect review.  I attribute that omission due to the uncomfortably hot weather that day.   Better luck next time.  Promise.

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You can amend it if you want. I can just upload the new text.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The Alien Isolation figures are out at retail now, I picked up Amanda Ripley (jumpsuit) at Toys R Us today. All in all it's a cool figure and I like it quite a bit. However didn't the initial sculpts come with the door-opening tool from the game? The final figure doesn't have it. Also to nitpick further, the likeness is... passable? Amanda Ripley in the game hardly looked like Kezia Burrows, and the figure looks like her even less so. If I showed the figure to friends or whatever, even those who are familiar with Alien Isolation, it isn't going to instantly pop out at them "oh hey that's Amanda Ripley!" like NECA's Ellen Ripley figures do.

They also had the 'Alien Isolation' Alien, but I passed on it after seeing it in person. It's basically Big Chap with a new coat of paint and new feet. Not that it isn't a cool looking figure, but it's not enough of a difference from the Big Chap figure I've got to justify the price. Money and space shelf are at a premium in my house, and that's ~$20 I could spend on something else.

windebieste

windebieste

Talk about cutting it fine to get them out before Christmas but it's still nice to hear that they are now available.  It will be a few weeks before they hit the deck here in Australia, I am guessing. 

I'm looking forward to getting ahold of these items.  I still think it's an odd decision to release 2 Amanda Ripley figures and no Working Joe.  That decision still amazes me.  I would have preferred a Working Joe figure over Amanda wearing a compression suit.  Neca have already released 3 characters in suits, Kane, Ripley and Dallas. 

Do we even have a Lambert figure in a compression suit..?  No, but we do have 2 Amanda Ripley figures. 

I sometimes wonder about NECA's marketing.  Maybe we will get a second run at the game and a Joe will be part of that - but I'm very sceptical that will happen.

-Windebieste.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Scouring my local TRU proved fruitless as usual. The place was a mess from Christmas shopping. Guess I'll have to order them all online lol.

QC never bothered me since 90% of my NECA figs were ideal out of the box. 2 Aliens had weak joints  that caused breaks but that worked out for battle scenes quite easily.

Lambert will happen. Give it time. But I can live with Isolation figures as that was the best thing to happen to the franchise in a long time. We will hopefully get the android figure in the near future. As soon as a teaser for #facehuggerfriday shows it....you always know a Working Joe.

LAWNMOWERMAN

LAWNMOWERMAN

my last haul of 2015

2016 awaits......

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed