NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,309 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

If there is an EEV playset/vehicle and/or a shaved head Ripley action figure they will be definite purchases!

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Feb 22, 2014, 12:28:59 AM
If there is an EEV playset/vehicle and/or a shaved head Ripley action figure they will be definite purchases!

would be nice to see a Alien 3 Ripley with a busted Bishop (ooo er Mrs)

On another note dont you thing the powerloader is a little top heavy that if u put a figure inside it would fall forward?

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Not if NECA balances it right.

Off the top of my head, they could counteract the top-heaviness by making the legs largely solid and the 'torso" more hollow. I'm not a toy engineer, but I'm confident NECA isn't going to mess this one up.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

9th_Stew

9th_Stew

Predalien91

Predalien91

Quote from: The1PerfectOrganism on Feb 22, 2014, 02:01:14 PM
Quote from: Elmazalman on Feb 21, 2014, 11:04:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-j3u11m2ZI#ws

Wtf, does this happen often?
It may have been just bad luck. Mine is in great condition. I've posed it like crazy and it still is not loose. In all honesty I've never had a recent NECA toy that has these problems.

HUGZZ

HUGZZ

Ugh, I got the new Big Chapfigure and tried bending the thigh and his leg snapped right off. I've never had this problem with neca figures before, so it was a bit of a shock  ???

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

My Giger Alien just took a tumble off the shelf, I didn't worry about it at first until I found the foot snapped off from the ankle!

Luckily I managed to fix it rather easily being a Model maker and Custom maker for toys. *used a metal pen to connect the two ball joint parts. easy enough)

I really hope the next wave of Aliens have better QC.

SizzyBubbles

SizzyBubbles

Quote from: HUGZZ on Feb 23, 2014, 04:40:24 AM
Ugh, I got the new Big Chapfigure and tried bending the thigh and his leg snapped right off. I've never had this problem with neca figures before, so it was a bit of a shock  ???

Same here, I've never had an issue with NECA's older alien figures. Just these new ones (and the big chap figures seems to be the worst off). Lucky he hasn't broken yet.

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Feb 24, 2014, 10:04:30 PM
My Giger Alien just took a tumble off the shelf, I didn't worry about it at first until I found the foot snapped off from the ankle!

Luckily I managed to fix it rather easily being a Model maker and Custom maker for toys. *used a metal pen to connect the two ball joint parts. easy enough)

I really hope the next wave of Aliens have better QC.

Haha. Mine does the same. He kinda stands... but i always come home to him either fallen over or on the floor. GO HOME ALIEN YER DRUNK.

gabgrave

gabgrave

Got my first neca alien, and it has floppy knees, which means it won't stand out of the box.

So what I did, was for every joint that was stuck, I used a dap of oil on a Q tip and worked it into the joints, and for every loose joint I squeezed a little white glue on the outside of the pegs and worked it in, moving the joint around until the glue drys and the joint is tighter.

Since my alien came with an Hicks, I noted that the shoulder light was supposed to fit into a hole at the back, but the hole in the armor and the main body was half an inch apart, which required some creative cutting with a hole punch.

If your kit isn't broken out of the box, I think it's fine to get one and work on it a little. Just don't play around with it too much.

kfitch06

kfitch06

The Queen better be damn good. We've been waiting long enough...I love my Revoltech Queen, but I need a larger one and honestly Neca is the best when it comes to detail. Even with Revoltech's size difference, there's still not quite the quality in detail and finish of the figure that Neca provides. (She looks pretty shiny and plastic-like compared to my organic looking Neca warriors)

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: kfitch06 on Feb 26, 2014, 04:55:30 AM
The Queen better be damn good. We've been waiting long enough...I love my Revoltech Queen, but I need a larger one and honestly Neca is the best when it comes to detail. Even with Revoltech's size difference, there's still not quite the quality in detail and finish of the figure that Neca provides. (She looks pretty shiny and plastic-like compared to my organic looking Neca warriors)

Yes, however I worry with the lack of Quality Control NECA is showing as of late I think we need to urge NECA to take care when the queen comes out. this will be a large figure and anything can upset the delicate balance of the figure. both stability and aesthetically. the last thing we want is an alien Queen with weak joints, parts that will break the mere seconds its out of the box, or worse. NECA needs to step up on their Quality Control, or I am NOT buying the queen.

judge death

judge death

The quality control is now far better than it was in the past with the original alien figures: I had to buy 5 aliens warriors to get one which wasnt broken (in the box) and they were far more fragile and not built to survive a fall. The tubes on the head was often broken or some joint broke.

Of the new series I got them in good condition and far less fragile, only complain on mine is the jaw problem but else they are fine, but I could be lucky.

kfitch06

kfitch06

Yeah, I have five Neca Alien figures not a single has ever broke! Provided, I don't "play" with any of them or move them much at all. They basically come straight out of the box, positioned in my desired pose and set on my shelf.

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

I urge EVERYONE to buy directly from Neca on Ebay. If your figure is broken out of the package, just report it to Neca and they will ask for a picture of the broken figure. When you provide this to them, they will be forced to refund the money you paid for the figure, though perhaps not the shipping. They may send you a new one too, I'm sure, if it was expensive enough.

This is what they did for me. But they make it much more difficult if you didn't buy directly from them. They'll tell you to deal directly with whoever you bought it from, and that just isn't fair.

Neca is horrible with quality control and they need to be held accountable. $15 per figure or not, these issues just aren't an excuse or proper.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed