NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 812,139 times)

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Jul 18, 2019, 02:16:07 PM
Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jul 18, 2019, 12:54:58 PM
I was hoping we'd see more Alien stuff, like a movie Drake tease or some more Kenner teases.

Me, too.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/90/70/b3/9070b3265dbbcd0bdb749c6d180fd796.jpg

Or an Apone movie likenesess figure  :'(

Kailem

Kailem

I love what they've done with the Rhino, especially the design of the dorsal tubes and how they've sort of fused them to the shoulders. And the colouring makes him look like a molten beast too. Definitely going to have to get that.

I don't have either a Big Chap or a Runner yet (except for the McFarlane Toys version from years ago), so I might have to look into getting those Ultimate versions, especially Big Chap. But yeah, even though I was initially thinking "Bull" for some reason when they announced the Rhino, I'm a lot more excited about it now that I've seen it. Looks awesome.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Then for everyone who doesn't have Big Chap and the Dog Alien, this is a great chance, but yeah, I also thought we might see more alien stuff. Too bad. I hope they're holding out some stuff for NYCC.

bobcunk

bobcunk

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jul 18, 2019, 07:04:27 PM
Then for everyone who doesn't have Big Chap and the Dog Alien, this is a great chance, but yeah, I also thought we might see more alien stuff. Too bad. I hope they're holding out some stuff for NYCC.
I just saw the old dog alien at a comic store and I'm glad I didnt get it. And I only gave the McFarland dog alien and avp two pack.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Actually really feelin that rhino, and I wasn't expecting to.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I can't wait for that Rhino and Ultimate Dog Alien.

Darkness

Darkness

Some new announcements from Neca. Big Chap and Runner figurea as well as a 1/4 scale Big Chap. Might actually get both Big Chaps.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Looks nice. In the description it says for the Ultimate Big Chap that its an all-new sculpt which is a blatant lie, FYI. The body is a complete reuse of the Blue Kenner Alien, just to clear things up. Furthermore, the only difference from the previous Big Chap will be the removal of the bicep swivel and the addition of new double jointed elbows and knees, and a swivel at the base of the tail. The paintjob will be new. The dome seems too translucent, again and this time if the prototype in the pictures is anything to go by, the dome doesn't sit well on the front of the skull. The minor problems are fixable, but will be annoying if present. The egg, hugger and burster are nice though. And we're not sure if he'll be getting the extra neck joint, the pictures certainly don't support it, but the final products tend to differ often with the paintjob and sometimes by having more articulation. We'll see.

Dog alien looks nice, will be getting him, those added knee joints will be of great use and the accessories are awesome.

P.S. I love how they literally mist the figures to give them more of a wet look during a photo shoot. But it's the dry heat...  :laugh:

Master

Master

Seeing all those small stuff creatures, I now want screen acurate AvP predburster!

The Old One

The Old One

So do I, unfortunately it's the only worthwhile onscreen version of the PredAlien.
Spoiler
[close]
I hope we'll get a NECA "concept" PredAlien someday, biomechanical, sexual and no dreadlocks.  ;D

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

That's certainly in the ballpark, though I'd be surprised if we got it by 2022 honestly. But eventually, almost certainly we'll see this.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Jul 20, 2019, 10:36:01 PM
I hope we'll get a NECA "concept" PredAlien someday, biomechanical, sexual and no dreadlocks.  ;D

Agreed. 100%. I really hope to see them explore other interpretations of the PredAliens. There's been enough of them!

Drukathi

Drukathi

Maybe someday we will get an exclusive four-handed Blomkamp's Alien from NECA.

The Old One

The Old One

I seriously doubt it, for the combination of price point, amount of interest- to people unaware it's just Big Chap with extra arms, I don't see it as profitable. 

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Eh, give it time and I'm sure we'll see obscure things like that once every other option and re-issue has been made.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed