NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 812,067 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 18, 2018, 09:51:11 PM
Blue Big Chap got the new Big Chap body which will be used for the 40th anniversary Big Chap and the differences it features are double jointed elbows, knee swivel (like the one that the Alien that came with Burke had and the new Ultimate alien warriors have which are out right now) and a swivel at the base of the tail.
It's not a big difference, but I'm an articulation junkie. The problem is that Neca once said that the Isolation body being used for the Defiance alien will be getting the same articulation treatment as the Blue Big Chap. I understand that some problems with their factories could have prevented that, cost issues or whatever, but it still saddens me.
I'm going to have to try and make an improvised double elbow joint instead. Elbows on all aliens should be double jointed IMO.
Thanks for the clarification, I didn't even realize there was a 40th Anniversary Big Chap in the pipeline.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Oh there definitely is. Randy confirmed it multiple times. It's gonna release next year as an Ultimate, meaning probably another egg, facehugger and chestburster too with it. Those are probable speculations, don't know if anything else is possible that we're gonna get. We can assume it's gonna have a new paintjob as well.
I would like to have removable domes with different colors and opaqueness, though I doubt they'll do that, would be a nice surprise though.

Mister Skeezler

Mister Skeezler

Quote from: Still Collating... on Nov 19, 2018, 08:21:50 AM
Oh there definitely is. Randy confirmed it multiple times. It's gonna release next year as an Ultimate, meaning probably another egg, facehugger and chestburster too with it. Those are probable speculations, don't know if anything else is possible that we're gonna get. We can assume it's gonna have a new paintjob as well.
I would like to have removable domes with different colors and opaqueness, though I doubt they'll do that, would be a nice surprise though.
I actually hope we get a closed egg this time. I feel like I have a metric ton of open eggs, and honestly I don't need ANOTHER facehugger. Unless they do a "dead" version. And I have an army of chest bursters at this point.

I hope they include some pack-in items that are new, since they must have made their money back on the Big Chap mold at this point. I fully expect one of the previous Jonesy pack-ins to be included.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Yeah I'd really like to see another closed egg come with the next deluxe alien. So many open eggs...

The Old One

The Old One

I hope we receive a Alien 1979 style Chestburster, Facehugger and Egg with new molds.
But NECA is cheap, so it's highly unlikely.

Also the NECA mold for the Big Chap itself is... disappointing honestly, for the primary creators of Alien figures.
If the 40th Anniversary version isn't completely new I'm going to save up for the Takayuki Takeya or more likely:
The Alien Mafex No.84.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I really doubt they'll go with a completely new mold for this while i fully acknowledge that their sculpt can be improved. The detail is all there, just a plethora of small adjustments to the proportions would be very appreciated. If they gave their Big Chap the proportions of the Kotobukiya statue, I'd be in love.

Agreed about the eggs, I prefer the closed ones too.

The Old One

The Old One

It's not just that, it's articulation too.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 21, 2018, 02:10:46 PM
I'm going to save up for the Takayuki Takeya or more likely:
The Alien Mafex No.84.
I've got the Mafex figure on preorder, but can you tell me more about that other one?

Edit-- nevermind, that's the Figma one; I've got that on preorder, as well.

windebieste

windebieste

Personally, I think the upcoming Mamegyorai ALIEN piece is the best thing happening next year. 

At 1/4 scale, though, it's going to be a monster price for a monster piece. 

From what I've seen of the Mamegyorai ALIEN, it squirts corrosive fluids over everything else coming out next year in terms of ALIEN figures, figurines and statues. 

-Windebieste.

The Old One

The Old One

It's simply too much though.

That's where I draw the line on collectables tbh.

dHunter333

dHunter333

I hope we get an accessory set for Alien 40th anniversary (open egg, shut egg, facehugger, chestburster, flame thrower, motion tracker, something like this). I hope they give us a Dallas and Lambert in normal clothing since they have already acquired their likeness rights. Top it off with the Ultimate Big Chap. I'd buy a few cryochambers if they made them.

The Old One

The Old One

Doubtful they'd be enough of a return to be worth it, aside from Lambert and Dallas.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

The accessory set would be more likely than plainclothes Lambert and Dallas, as the latter would require custom sculpts and molds that they likely wouldn't be able to use for future figures. That, and human figures are generally pegwarmers - Lambert and Dallas in space suits warmed the pegs in my local stores for months, and they had the advantage of being visually interesting because they were in cool space suits; how well do you think "man and woman in everyday clothes" will sell among the general public? :P

The Old One

The Old One

I was thinking sell them as a two pack- like they did with Burke.

dHunter333

dHunter333

Make them some kind of exclusive 2 pack. Make them more expensive. Just make them please.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed