NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 812,158 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I do really like this Kenner wave. I kind of wish it'd been Kenner's Hicks though since he was my favorite as a kid next to Kenner's Drake. I'll probably spring for 2 Apones (one to leave alone, the other to replace my current Apone head) and 2 Scorpion xeno's. The snake is cool, but he's the only one I'm iffy about.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I hope Snake is as frustrating to stand up the Kenner original.  :laugh:

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

LOL how I misread it correctly for myself only.

Huggs

Huggs

The snake alien reminds me of that creature from the movie "9" that was hypnotizing and kidnapping everybody. Can't remember its name, but that and this just give me shivers. Great design. Little bit of the creeper in there too.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

That Scorpion looks great! I have a few of the old ones. To my surprise, I have one still in the blister.

windebieste

windebieste

I have a couple of Scorpion Aliens.  At the time in 1992 it was one of the few relatively accurate 'ALIENS' figures available.   Only Halcyon had released a decent ALIENS kit in 1991. 

The rest of Kenner's range of ALIENS figures were too outlandish to be taken seriously, as far as I was concerned.  I don't have many of those.  Just the blue Vicious Attack Warrior, the Queen (with pneumatic tongue), the AvP Alien and the Mantis Alien (which I bought recently, still on card, cheap.) 

Other than that, I always considered this range of Kenner figures to be kid's stupid shit.  Never really fond of them.  Nonetheless, today I regard them as Classic toys.  I still think they're kid's stupid shit but their popularity is undeniable. 

That's just my personal opinion, though.  I think the 1990's Kenner ALIENS range did a lot to trivialise ALIEN as a Property. As has many of the comics and some of the shittier video games released in the last 2 decades. 

-Windebieste.

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

Mostly I agree, but I love the Panther Alien ;D

windebieste

windebieste

Some of them are really good - the Cougar/Panther Alien, the Acid Alien and a couple of others are great - and I might pick them up one day.  Just extremely low priority.  Most of the others, though?  Yeah.  Stupid shit. lol.

Mind you, I do like what NECA have been doing with their Kenner tribute series and bringing a modern interpretation to them.  NECA are treating the 1990s range of figures with respect to the source material.  It shows and it works.  That's where NECA are making excellent inroads - even if the Kenner source material itself is more than goofy at times. 

-Windebieste.

RaZorbakk36

RaZorbakk36

Panther/night couger was the closest thing to a dog/ox Alien.
I agree about  the scorpion alien being the closest thing to Acheron Xeno.  Wildboar had a good head and grin shape.
The neca scorpion Alien looks so great then suddenly drops to total disappointing everytime I think about it. .  It's got those Goddamned   Alien Resurrection fingers. You know the ones that became a permanent part of the design even after the Alien wasnt supoosed to look like a fleshy dino insect piece of crap.
Fine for resurrection no complaints there. Atleast it made some kind of sense.

Weird little changes along the way  have added up to major shifts in design and presence.  Id go on. But whats another voice bitching about his fetish in a symphony of blind nasal woe

XenoHunter99

XenoHunter99

My 3 favorite Kenner figures are the Panther (and I also have the black/red night cougar version), the Scorpion (the spring-loaded death gimmic is cool!) and the glow-in-the-dark Stalker Predator. Honorable mention goes to the Renegade that came with the stylized xeno in a 2-pack. That Pred is surprisingly nice! I like the imagination in some of the Kenner Aliens, even if the results are often exactly as Windie says. Neca *is* doing justice to both the franchise and Kenner with their new figures. The Neca version of the glow-stalker also looks great! I probably ought to buy one, though I'm pretty much done collecting figures. I've nowhere to display them, and I don't need them sitting in their blisters. I think, on the whole, Kenner did a better job with the Predators than with the Aliens, except for the color schemes. YMMV.

dHunter333

dHunter333

here's my aliens collection in its entirety
these are where they hang out when "off duty"
i love the setup, but i have no room for future figures...will require some moving around...lots

i'll save the actual aliens for last
first off...the marines
i am crazy addicted to army building and i LOVE aliens...
the marines

only 1 custom marine in this picture, a sergeant with a eye patch and a mean attitude...

i see 6 more custom marines in this picture, these are some of my favorite

some of my movie figures (custom apone, gorman)

the rest of my movie figures (havent started on ferro, but that will be the base body, some others not finished) custom crowe, dietrich, wierzbowski, drake, spunkmeyer, and ferro in progress

smart gunners, 3 more customs

some of my favorite marines, 10 more custom marines

9 more custom marines (not counting dutch, bishop, or stargate figure used as a lt)

8 more custom marines, not counting commando or stargate figure used as another lt

5 more custom marines

2 more custom marines

human space suited figures, several custom prometheus figures

misc extra figures and storage shelf

weyland yutani corporation, android facility, vickers and a few different davids

charles weyland thanking burke for the specimens

more weyland yutani research

the engineers

and now...the aliens
the eggs

the nursery? (accessories)

the queens (use mcfarlane queen, about the size of a neca alien, as  a praetorian)

big chap and isolation figures

ridged head aliens

the red alien hive

the dog aliens

alien resurrection and avp aliens

covenant and burke 2 pack aliens

some of the 1 off aliens

the kenner aliens

neomorphs and white aliens

battle damaged aliens/sentry guns

misc extra aliens shelf

the space jockey!!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Goddamn! lol

TheRaven

TheRaven

That's quite an impressive collection! :0

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

How do you like the Jockey?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Your cupboard seems to be bulging from the weight of the figures. Great collection!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed