NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 811,999 times)

skhellter

skhellter

Try bathing the figure in hot water for a little while. I'm serious.
The plastic softens up and it should make it easier to open the mouth, properly.

Just dont burn yourself and turn into freddy krueger.

If this doesnt work then i guess the figure is defective.

windebieste

windebieste

It may work - results vary.   Nonetheless, using hot water is the best option.

Use gloves if you are going to try this.

-Windebieste.

Dino21AvP

Dino21AvP

Worked like a charm!

Thanks for the help guys.

skhellter

skhellter

No problem. :)

drsmuts

drsmuts

62 quid for the Batman vs Joke Alien 2 pack.  :o

windebieste

windebieste

NECA have revealed more details about their CLUB x ALIEN initiative, including clarifications, bonus for the first round and international partners in Europe, the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.

...and a bunch of really lurid and trippy but awesome photos.

-Windebieste.

DaddyYautja

DaddyYautja

yeah, not into this bonus.

im sure there are fans out there that really wanted a recreation of this but i am not one of them.

i was actually holding off for this announcement and this did not make me think about this thing.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 24, 2017, 11:15:19 PM
NECA have revealed more details about their CLUB x ALIEN initiative, including clarifications, bonus for the first round and international partners in Europe, the UK, Australia, New Zealand and Japan.

...and a bunch of really lurid and trippy but awesome photos.

-Windebieste.
I was going to post my video regarding the club, but there wasn't any clue to what were the bonuses. Now I see these... should I post the video anyway or redo it?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

This particular bonus, while full of nostalgia, is a bit weak imo

Otter

Otter

I have neither the budget nor the space to go all-in with the Aliens line, and have largely limited my purchases to the '86 film. Which included tracking down, and paying through the nose, for SDCC Newt.

This club scares the snot out of me, as the exclusive, end-of-year figure could be rabidly fan-demanded, but otherwise limited retail-appeal characters, like Bourke, Gorman or other marines like Drake and Ferro.

I'm not putting myself through the drama of having to explain to my ever-patient wife why I'm buying all these aliens toys, just to sell them off again, to maybe get one Aliens character at retail price. But then, who knows how much the exclusive figure could fetch, if it even gets onto the secondary market at all.

I really hope any exclusives are just repaints, and any '86 figures are continued con exclusives.

windebieste

windebieste

@PRJ: I guess it really depends on what you want to say.  What you feel is relevant.  Maybe you can release what you already have and append your post announcement thoughts.

Personally, I feel this bonus is underwhelming.  As I stated in my closing remarks, it looks cheap and reminds me of cut out backdrops on the backs of cereal packets.   It's nothing I'd want to commit buying additional figures that only partially interest me, that's for sure.

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 25, 2017, 10:32:58 PM
@PRJ: I guess it really depends on what you want to say.  What you feel is relevant.  Maybe you can release what you already have and append your post announcement thoughts.

Personally, I feel this bonus is underwhelming.  As I stated in my closing remarks, it looks cheap and reminds me of cut out backdrops on the backs of cereal packets.   It's nothing I'd want to commit buying additional figures that only partially interest me, that's for sure.

-Windebieste.
Agreed. I can see the appeal for some collectors, and the nostalgia-factor is pretty neat, but I don't use backdrops or dioramas when I'm displaying any of my figures so it would be useless for me (and definitely not worth buying extra figures I don't want just to get it).

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

Yep. Very cheap from neca and a very disappointing exclusive. Was hoping that they'd maybe tackle their version of the original '79 kenner alien 18" figure.

windebieste

windebieste

That would be nice, huh.  On the other hand, Super 7 are releasing a pair 1986 speculative variants inspired by the original Kenner item sometime soon.  So they probably have that component of the property tied up in an exclusive licence for the immediate future. 

I would really love to see NECA's take on it though.  At least we know one thing for sure.  NECA aren't releasing any quarter scale figures as exclusive items to their Club X ALIEN subscribers.  So no 18" being offered there so there's nothing to miss out on.

Maybe they'll release a 7" version.  That would be kinda cute.

It still cracks me up that they decided to call it Club X...

lol.

-Windebieste.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Anyone else looking forward to the Batman vs Joker Alien pack they got coming?

http://necaonline.com/2017/02/batmanaliens-7-scale-action-figures-batman-and-joker-alien-2-pack/

Looks pretty neat.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed