H R Giger's Alien Diaries

Started by wmmvrrvrrmm, Jun 26, 2013, 11:40:38 AM

Author
H R Giger's Alien Diaries (Read 16,673 times)

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Just in case you didn't find out, H R Giger's Alien Diaries that we've been waiting years for have been released on the 24th and the H R Giger Museum mentions that there are only 660 copies. If you're that serious an Alien/Giger collector, I don't know how many are left today but you'll want one of these and if you have trouble getting a copy from the publisher, try and under seller at Amazon.de.
It should cost 100 Euros

http://www.editionpatrickfrey.com/en/books/alien-diaries-alien-tagebucher

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Just ordered my copy today from Germany.  Can't wait to read it.  Been wanting to read those diaries for years!

Jkushwara

Jkushwara

Hey guys - congrats on your acquisitions !  I wanted to ask if the diary has any previously unavailable pics of the big chap final suit ? Was considering getting one for reference but don't want to be disappointed if there's not much there that hasn't been published already ?

Thanks !

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I think the best from the diary's Alien related images have been put online already since its publication

Quote from: Jkushwara on Dec 01, 2013, 06:52:44 PM
Hey guys - congrats on your acquisitions !  I wanted to ask if the diary has any previously unavailable pics of the big chap final suit ? Was considering getting one for reference but don't want to be disappointed if there's not much there that hasn't been published already ?

Thanks !

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

Any link to these images? Have you guys read it yet? Is it good?

Can't stump up 100 EUR for this at the mo :-(

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 17, 2013, 11:34:12 AM
Any link to these images? Have you guys read it yet? Is it good?

Can't stump up 100 EUR for this at the mo :-(
It's more of an information trove than an image one, though there are a few new images. Nothing earth shattering though. It's for collectors only, I'd say.

Powerloader

Powerloader

Giger's Alien and H.R. Giger's Film Design are the best if you want to have your image trove and read it too.  :)

Jkushwara

Jkushwara

Thanks for all the feedback on this one guys ! Looks like I just saved some cash. I am intrigued by the sketches I've seen on sample pages, but was hoping for a lot of new suit pics. Already have Giger's Alien and a big online reference image folder.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: Jkushwara on Dec 23, 2013, 05:50:43 PM
Thanks for all the feedback on this one guys ! Looks like I just saved some cash. I am intrigued by the sketches I've seen on sample pages, but was hoping for a lot of new suit pics. Already have Giger's Alien and a big online reference image folder.

Well, there are numerous sketches that Giger did in the pub that ought to catch your imagination if you enjoy his abstract non-Alien doodles

bobby brown

bobby brown

Got this gem for christmas by my girlfriend.
I am a lucky guy.  she's a keeper.

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: bobby brown on Jan 06, 2014, 10:59:02 AM
Got this gem for christmas by my girlfriend.
I am a lucky guy.  she's a keeper.

Is she the one that wrote that Amazon review?

Darkness

Cvalda

Cvalda

Imported this months ago. It's beautiful.

The shape of the book is weird, though -- it's massively thick but super narrow in shape, which means getting through the pages is a bit of a pain.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I was expecting hundreds of handwritten volumes chronicling his descent into madness.

Miguel

Miguel

Bought it on Amazon UK last December, for 86 Euros. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed