Pre-order Incentives DLC [Updated]

Started by ikarop, May 18, 2013, 01:35:55 AM

Author
Pre-order Incentives DLC [Updated] (Read 19,559 times)

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Kronnang_Dunn on Jun 04, 2013, 07:09:40 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on May 31, 2013, 09:44:01 AM
Are you playing on console? Because that's auto-aim you're describing there. No, the aim-down-sight is pretty much useless in this game (on PC at least) because of the weird swaying animation that plays, even when standing still. And the guns don't act at all like COD or Battlefield - those games give good control and feedback to the player when shooting and most importantly goes where the red dot is pointing, A:CM does none of this.

Yes, I am playing in a PS3, and so far I have not encountered any "weird swaying animation". Your Pc version probably needs a patch or a hotfix. Mine is fine and playable...

Btw... "Goes where the red spot is poiting..."? Dude... the red spot is more useful for close targets. Far away targets are easier to shoot with scopes. And the game does act a lot like COD. Hell... is basically COD meets ALIENS... which is good for me... despite the protests.

:laugh: Thanks for the lesson, DUDE.

It's definitely COD meets Aliens in style, but not in gunplay. You've got rocks in your head if you think this game has as good gun control as COD or Battlefield. It's like a little girl is holding the stock, or something. The bullets go magically to the hit markers, not anywhere realistically in accordance to where the ironsights are facing.

Kronnang_Dunn

Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 05, 2013, 02:08:23 PM

The bullets go magically to the hit markers, not anywhere realistically in accordance to where the ironsights are facing.

? I thought you first said the bullets didn't hit the markers at all Dude. Make up your mind, LOL.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: Kronnang_Dunn on Jun 05, 2013, 04:51:24 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 05, 2013, 02:08:23 PM

The bullets go magically to the hit markers, not anywhere realistically in accordance to where the ironsights are facing.

? I thought you first said the bullets didn't hit the markers at all Dude. Make up your mind, LOL.

*facepalm* No, I said they don't go where the crosshair is. The markers are never where the crosshair is. You don't aim in this game by using the crosshair like you do in most games, but you adapt to where the hit markers will register. The gunplay is completely artificial and badly designed.

Corporal Hicks

I downloaded the Shotgun and Sharp rifle rifle for, 360and they don't seem to be anywhere to select them? Anyone had issues?

PVTDukeMorrison

I have em' and they work fine

Corporal Hicks

Downloaded them again. Fine now. SHARP is pretty badass.

Predaker

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 08, 2013, 07:31:18 PM
Downloaded them again. Fine now. SHARP is pretty badass.
Nice. The SHARP sticks rifle works well as a support role weapon and for suppressive fire. The sawed-off double barrel shotgun might take a little practice but once you get some solo kill streaks with it, you will learn why it has such low starting ammo.

predxeno

I always wanted to ask; how is the Sharp Rifle on mp?  Is it effective and how good is it against the Crushers?

Predaker

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 08, 2013, 09:21:50 PM
I always wanted to ask; how is the Sharp Rifle on mp?  Is it effective and how good is it against the Crushers?

It is a situational weapon that works good as a support role and for suppressive fire. I do believe the SHARP sticks rifle is effective against the crusher xeno, although personally I prefer using the plasma pulse rifle for that.

predxeno

Yeah, but the Plasma Pulse Rifle takes a while to charge up; the Crusher may have rammed into a different room by then. :(

Kronnang_Dunn

Quote from: predxeno on Jun 09, 2013, 01:00:07 AM
Yeah, but the Plasma Pulse Rifle takes a while to charge up; the Crusher may have rammed into a different room by then. :(

Still the Phased Plasma Pulse Rifle is great for taking out bugs from a safe distance...

worriors

No Sharp Sticks for UK, every time i go to the PSN Store, they never have the Sharp Sticks DLC. ???

predxeno

predxeno

Try contacting Playstation Support.

PRJ_since1990

My patience has paid off. I did in fact get the DLC weapons for a dollar a piece. They're def worth that much for something else to select and build a loadout around. The SHARP rifle is interesting, I just wish the detonation time was lower. Can be fired quite quickly though. The sawed-off shotgun is great at taking out one Alien then quick swapping to another shotgun. It will take out a Boiler in one shot (if close enough).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed