Deleted Weyland scene and predator snapping of alien finger in Hbo special.

Started by Malicious Predator, Jan 30, 2007, 12:19:51 PM

Author
Deleted Weyland scene and predator snapping of alien finger in Hbo special. (Read 7,158 times)

avpjunkie

Malicious Predator

Good work with the deleted scene page!! :) "posted by Darkness"

That picture looks very similar to the ending of the first Aliens versus Predator comic. When the predator snaps off the Alien finger and scars the girl.

/Ola

Darkness

Quote from: avpjunkie on Feb 06, 2007, 07:35:03 AM
http://home.comcast.net/~g.nikolashin/hbo049.jpg

That's the only picture? Do you actually see the predator snap the alien finger off?

Quote from: Ola Paulakoski on Feb 06, 2007, 09:17:09 AM
Good work with the deleted scene page!! :) "posted by Darkness"

Thanks.

Malicious Predator

Malicious Predator

When i think of it, i think they mention it in the commentary on the region 2 extreme edition that i have, i dont remember which commentary and im not home so i can check it out. I think they said that they changed it from predator snapping of an alien finger to scar already having the finger on his belt.

And its also in the storyboards on the dvd you see that shot of scar snapping it of an alien lying in the snow, and the same shot as above. It looks very similar to the comic book.

/Ola

Eidotemit

The scene is scar breaking of the recently deceased Grid, right? However, everything I've heard of the scene where Grid reaches the surface, Scar and Grid don't fight,  but the explosion blows Grid into pieces. If there was just the huge explosion, shouldn't The pred be running since the ground under him would start collapsing not giving time to get the finger? Wouldnt there not be much of Grid left to snap the finger off of?

jimmyboy

I've got the unrated R2 scandanavian version of AVP and it hasn't got the scene with the alien looking over Weyland anywhere in it, I thought this R2 would've been the same as the R1 unrated version but it ain't! There are other cut scenes cut into the film such as Antartica, the cheque clearing, split up story, and of course the badly done cgi blood.
As one of the deleted scenes was called 'Weylands Death' I thought it may have included the scene we're discussing, but its just got extra cgi blood and a discussion between Lex and that other dude with a Predator pov shot.
There seems to be so many different versions on the market and around the world, I wish they'd just realease a dvd where you can see a cut of the film and all the deleted scenes.
Don't you just hate it!!

avpjunkie

QuoteThat's the only picture? Do you actually see the predator snap the alien finger off?

no and no, you just see a quick 2-3 second clip of scar looking at the finger he assumingly has just broken off...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed