Similarities to Res Evil:Apocalypse.

Started by WisePredator, Aug 31, 2007, 02:31:16 PM

Author
Similarities to Res Evil:Apocalypse. (Read 727 times)

WisePredator

Well, I'll start it off with:

Nuking the town

The guy on the phone talking about an airlift

The bad corporate/military guy

and Quarantine

I noticed this the first time I saw the trailer and when I watched Apocalypse the day before.

YutaniDitch

Quote from: WisePredator on Aug 31, 2007, 02:31:16 PM
Well, I'll start it off with:

Nuking the town

The guy on the phone talking about an airlift

The bad corporate/military guy

and Quarantine

I noticed this the first time I saw the trailer and when I watched Apocalypse the day before.

Thank Goodness, I though I was the only one making this analogy... ;)

Dusk

Dusk

Well, you really don't have a lot of choices if the main story is the contamination of a town. Standard procedure would be a quarantine. And if you've got no other available sollutions to stop the contamination, the next option would be to nuke it.

Danger Close

It's just a logical series of events.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Dusk on Aug 31, 2007, 02:44:03 PM
Well, you really don't have a lot of choices if the main story is the contamination of a town. Standard procedure would be a quarantine. And if you've got no other available sollutions to stop the contamination, the next option would be to nuke it.

Well, finding them story-wise and not just military-wise, is what the screenwriter is being paid to do, not rehash things... unless he is a lazy one or a lazy studio greenlighting the thing...

Why not Wolf killing the Queen and focus all the Aliens attention to him, and lure them all into a trap, kinda like the laser mine we saw in the trailer..?

Why not...? Why not finding a finale that is not a cheap knock-off and/or ripoff of recent movies...Resident Evil-Apocalypse is still far too fresh to this blatant copycat situation...

Why not finding the solution in Wolf's character...? Not the self-destruct (that would be too easy althought as clichéd as the nuke stuff) but Wolf somehow luring the rest of the Aliens to an isolated spot after showing them he killed the Queen, lifting its head, taunting them and then use his spaceship in remote control and kill them all... Assuming his ship does have remote control...

Like that, there are a zillion other possibilities, provided we think more and long enough about them, not use the 'oh, let's just use the military to nuke the site from orbit' routine...

So, instead of the old 'nuke'em' ploy, this, in my opinion, would be a much better finale than the one likely to happen... ;)

Dusk

Dusk

The point is that no one else in the Alien Movies knew of the Alien's existence except for the Weyland-Yutani cooperation. Leaving the whole town intact would totally screw continuity.

azerty

Maybe the bomb tha falls down never hits the ground...

impossible offcourse ;D

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Dusk on Aug 31, 2007, 02:57:34 PM
The point is that no one else in the Alien Movies knew of the Alien's existence except for the Weyland-Yutani cooperation. Leaving the whole town intact would totally screw continuity.

I never said that would be the end of it... Afterwards,  the Predator would indeed destroy the town... Just to be sure... he would lure all the ALiens to him, since they would not be having a Queen to protect anymore nor eggs, for that matter, so they would all concentrate on finding and killing the culprit, our Wolf, and then Wolf would lure them to a trap that would kill all Aliens, either by napalming the whole area, or firing missiles with a bioweapon devised for that contingency that would only affect Aliens, like an alkaline-core missile  :D ...

I mean, the options are endless... :o

But this nuke solution is just too easy, too predictable (if not Wolf self-destructing, this would be my immediate second choice...) and too unworthy of these creatures...especially Wolf, who will be impaled by the Predalien anyway and will probably die before the nuke is even deployed... ::)

Quote from: azerty on Aug 31, 2007, 03:05:07 PM
Maybe the bomb tha falls down never hits the ground...
impossible offcourse ;D

Actually, a nuke doesn't ever hit the ground..unless its a dud... ;D

It explodes 500 metres or something from the ground...

Resident Evil - Apocalypse's detonation sequence showed just that...although the FX on that could have been better... ::)

WisePredator

What made me laugh about this whole thing was that I said to my sister:

"Just imagine this but with Aliens."

Coincidence...?

Oh yeah, and I'll watch it and just see that it is R-E:Apocalypse with Aliens and a Predator.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Aug 31, 2007, 03:09:54 PM
since they would not be having a Queen to protect anymore nor eggs, for that matter, so they would all concentrate on finding and killing the culprit, our Wolf, and then Wolf would lure them to a trap that would kill all Aliens

That movie would be called Predator PWNS Aliens.

Besides, they would not all just swarm the killer of the Queen.

More likely they would scatter across the country, going good distances to start up new hives.

If each Alien left to go egg-morph a host into a Queen-implanting facehugger egg, and make a new Queen elsewhere, then you have new whole hives setting up shop all over the place.

So killing one Queen, leads to hundreds of new Queens. All over the earth.  ;D

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Meathead320 on Aug 31, 2007, 04:16:29 PM
Quote from: YutaniDitch on Aug 31, 2007, 03:09:54 PM
since they would not be having a Queen to protect anymore nor eggs, for that matter, so they would all concentrate on finding and killing the culprit, our Wolf, and then Wolf would lure them to a trap that would kill all Aliens

That movie would be called Predator PWNS Aliens.

Besides, they would not all just swarm the killer of the Queen.

More likely they would scatter across the country, going good distances to start up new hives.

If each Alien left to go egg-morph a host into a Queen-implanting facehugger egg, and make a new Queen elsewhere, then you have new whole hives setting up shop all over the place.

So killing one Queen, leads to hundreds of new Queens. All over the earth.  ;D

Of course, this scenario of mine would imply there is no eggmorphing, only Queen egg reproduction...

Since the eggmorphing has never been used outside the ALien movie, and the Queen reproductive cycle is the more used and accepted one, I see no reason why the Strauses would risk introducing this this late in the game, potentially doing it wrong and therefore risking antagonising both the Queen apologists, but also the egg-morphing ones who have a clear idea of what to expect...

So, for a movie that needs and looks to be in safe gear mode, this would be jeoperdising it because many people don't like nor can they comprehend this...

Again, the time and effort that takes from eggmorphing to overrun a town contradicts the timeframe this movie will have, which is one night, between the sundown when the father and kid get impregnated till the bomb falls, which is still night...The entire trailer shows the action takes place almost entirely at night, and someone said that the timeframe in the movie is only one night, so way too short a time to make the eggmorphing believable in terms of time...especially since, for a town to be overrun, it would require them to be more than they could fight, which means, more than half the poppulation, at least, the ones that remained in town since the events started occuring...

So, that is why I think the eggmorphing won't make its appearance still...

Unless they eggmorph as fast as they grew and bursted in AVP... which would mean that, in a three or four hours, there would be enough Aliens to overrun the city... :D ;)   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed