Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Author
Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city. (Read 136,494 times)

Spoonman101

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 17, 2014, 07:23:44 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Jul 17, 2014, 03:44:46 PMI wouldn't be against a sequel in which Dutch is the President of USA.

With a vehemently anti-Predator foreign policy.
Now it's getting interesting....

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 16, 2014, 12:18:46 PM

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 16, 2014, 10:22:23 AM
The Pred could tell that Maria Conchita Alonso was pregnant.
The dude can obviously tell heartbeats.
Their tech obviously has other stuff that were not clearly shown in the film.

We were shown how it was able to do those things, though. being able to sift through, literally, millions of fuzzy heat blobs to zero in on a single human being? Without him growing some kind of extra limb or having an unusual shape or height, I'm not understanding how. Those things would show up on thermal, but faces didn't. Not at any real distance.

What about the heartbeats?
You didnt answer that, he was able to tell a baby before the mother knew she was pregnant.

SiL

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 17, 2014, 02:32:10 PM
That was precisely it SiL, that is why it was debatable. Other than that, even if a Predator was used to his vision doesn't mean that it uses it to identify things. Sight is the Predator's inferior sense, no debate there. Even if it has adapted to using it, there is nothing it can do with it hence why the helmets.
Except the movies clearly show the Predators have no problem singling out individuals, so all of this is pointless.

necron99

I remember reading a comic with Daredevil in it once, that stated if Daredevil heard your heartbeat once, he could track you anywhere.   Maybe it's a combination between sight, sound and smell, as well as tech. Something that lets them tell the difference between their prey and bystanders.
At current we humans have a level of tech. that lets us emulate a lot of the Predators abilities. Posibly a story
involving a Splinrt Cell/ Metal Gear type of super spy stalking a Predator while it stalks other humans or
maybe re-conning the Pred. homeworld, flipping the script some what.

Spoonman101

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2014, 09:43:26 PM
Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jul 17, 2014, 02:32:10 PM
That was precisely it SiL, that is why it was debatable. Other than that, even if a Predator was used to his vision doesn't mean that it uses it to identify things. Sight is the Predator's inferior sense, no debate there. Even if it has adapted to using it, there is nothing it can do with it hence why the helmets.
Except the movies clearly show the Predators have no problem singling out individuals, so all of this is pointless.
I always thought that the predator singled individuals out based on sound up until he got close enough to distinguish the person's shape..

OpenMaw

The other problem with Spoonman's argument there is that the Predator's clearly must have MADE the highly advanced piece of technology that is their mask, so clearly, they've over come the limitations of seeing in the infrared spectrum... Just as we have seeing only in the "visible light" spectrum. I think this is honestly our own bias talking, we're actually a fairly blind species when you look at the entire spectrum of light that is available.

http://9-4fordham.wikispaces.com/file/view/em_spectrum.jpg/244287321/em_spectrum.jpg

Spoonman101

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 18, 2014, 04:21:20 AM
The other problem with Spoonman's argument there is that the Predator's clearly must have MADE the highly advanced piece of technology that is their mask, so clearly, they've over come the limitations of seeing in the infrared spectrum... Just as we have seeing only in the "visible light" spectrum. I think this is honestly our own bias talking, we're actually a fairly blind species when you look at the entire spectrum of light that is available.

http://9-4fordham.wikispaces.com/file/view/em_spectrum.jpg/244287321/em_spectrum.jpg
Thanks for the source Maw! This is very interesting!
However I remember a theory on Predators stealing technology as opposed to making them. Unless we actually see them engineering materials it is really open to debate. Another thing is that they decorate based on shape as opposed to color.
And their sense of style, bleh!
Fishnets?
When was that ever in?
1980-never?!

Russ

Isn't there anything in the novels that goes into this?

Dargoldod

I say the jungle. More specifically an alien "game preserve". Perhaps humans in the future discover a planet teaming with all kinds of various life forms. They set up stations to study this spectacular find and come to notice the the creatures all stay in particular locations due to some odd "towers" scattered about the landscape.
  I'd think the producers would want to avoid just the same film again (Predator hunts, kills humans - one human fights back, wins - rinse - repeat), so I'd hope they'd act on something concerning the Predator's culture. Perhaps the humans find slaughtered animals and can't figure out what's killing them. We come to find out that there are Predator "poachers" at work and are later confronted by the Predator version of "game wardens". Conflict ensues and humans are caught in the middle, trying to escape... Just a thought.

blood.

I was thinkig about this and came up with a random idea.

How about it's set on another planet in the future. Humans find an inhabitable planet and set down to explore. This could be a hybrid desert-forest environment with clusters of foreign vegetation separated by rocky dune like terrain, maybe even volcanic. Everything is going smoothly until the predator starts mind****ing them, toying with them, stringing them up without actually killing them, cutting marks into them etc They panic and load up with weapons to defend themselves.. creating worthy prey for the predator.

Nacho loury crespo

Almost every one wants the humans to be parted from the sequel then there will be no speaking but groaning from yautjas and xenomorfs and we cant have a sequel were there is two movies with talking and another without but many people want it to be on predator home world so they can put predators survivors to land o their world with the next survivors being hunted by the new team of predators maybe passing their mature test and they get crushed in their home planet an maybe we would be a ble to see baby predators and women predators and elder predators and it will be awesome and they get haunted down by the tree predators passing their mature test thank and feel free to coment me or my coment

blood.

Quote from: Nacho loury crespo on Jul 19, 2014, 09:08:58 AM
Almost every one wants the humans to be parted from the sequel

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Almost every one wants the humans to be parted from the sequel then there will be no speaking but groaning from yautjas and xenomorfs and we cant have a sequel were there is two movies with talking and another without but many people want it to be on predator home world so they can put predators survivors to land o their world with the next survivors being hunted by the new team of predators maybe passing their mature test and they get crushed in their home planet an maybe we would be a ble to see baby predators and women predators and elder predators and it will be awesome and they get haunted down by the tree predators passing their mature test thank and feel free to coment me or my coment

I comend you on your coment Sir/Madam. You are the first person to bring something sensible to this discussion.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 19, 2014, 01:10:41 PM

I comend you on your coment Sir/Madam. You are the first person to bring something sensible to this discussion.

It's funny because it didn't make sense yet it was the most sensible....

acrediblesource

I applaud the fanfilms for setting Predator in the past (ie, medievil times,) but I find it way too goofy if not out of it's element. I DON'T want to see Predators fighting pirates or Mohawks or ancient Egyptians or Iraqis. They've got no fire power in that timeline and no body would imagine besting a predator with a bow and arrow.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed