Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Author
Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city. (Read 137,356 times)

Spoonman101

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jul 16, 2014, 10:22:23 AM

Anyway, i would love seeing these flicks in the future but these movies never get enough cash for this to happen.
I really hope they dont do it in Iraq or other middle eastern countries, that stuff is played out.

They should go to Africa if they are going to do present time. Have some special forces doing a mission against some local militia screwing around then the pred pops in to kill everyone.
Haha well done... Extremely well done... This is practically the best idea I've heard... This gentlemen... This is Predator...

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yes, set it in Mogadishu. That way we can have a desert and urban environment with Pirates, Predators and Voodoo magic.

Predator 4
IMDb: 10
Rotten Tomatoes: 100%

:laugh:

RakaiThwei

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 16, 2014, 01:35:21 PM
Yes, set it in Mogadishu. That way we can have a desert and urban environment with Pirates, Predators and Voodoo magic.

You... Keep talking.  :)

Spoonman101

And super predators

SiL

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 16, 2014, 12:18:46 PM
We are shown exactly what the beast sees, though.
Yup, which is hard to see for a human. Predators aren't humans. The end. Movie shows he can track, he can track; your inability to distinguish people from a distance doesn't mean it can't.

Xenomorphine

Yes, set it in Mogadishu.

US forces are unlikely ever to go back there.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 16, 2014, 10:19:41 PM
Yup, which is hard to see for a human. Predators aren't humans. The end. Movie shows he can track, he can track; your inability to distinguish people from a distance doesn't mean it can't.

Dude, it's just stripes of colour. The Predator can't magically see something in it you and I can't. That's what the mask is filtering and that's what it sees. Until we get a movie which states otherwise, it can't discriminate faces at a distance.

We can say they might be telepathic or might have microscopic little tracking devices, but the movie doesn't show those, either. Based purely on screen, once it's got prey on screen, it'll be very good seeing where it's (immediately) gone, but their version of heat vision is rubbish for facial recognition.

And we certainly don't see any 'Terminator 3'-style graphics of the mask zooming in on a fingerprint database or an iris ID, either. :)

And, see, this is what should happen. Predators aren't omnipotent. They've got tools which are amazingly good for certain situations, sure - but are going to be piss-poor in others. Just like human beings have.

SiL

SiL

It's infra-red. It's stripes of colour to us because our infra-red cameras weren't so great back then.

Show where the movies establish Predators can't differentiate people (emphasis on the word Predators, not whether you can) because their vision is shit and you'll have a plothole. Until then, the logic of the movies is they see and identify individuals just fine.

Spoonman101

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2014, 02:10:17 AM
It's infra-red. It's stripes of colour to us because our infra-red cameras weren't so great back then.

Show where the movies establish Predators can't differentiate people (emphasis on the word Predators, not whether you can) because their vision is shit and you'll have a plothole. Until then, the logic of the movies is they see and identify individuals just fine.

Plot Interval

And the movie did show him not being able to differentiate heat signatures. It's debatable but very valid. Do you know which scene I'm talkin` aboot?

SiL

The closest we've seen is the original Predator mistaking a partially covered heat signal for maybe being Dutch in Predator -- but it was obscured. You might be referring to the subway scene, but nothing says the Predator is having any trouble with anything other than the fact there's a shitload of armed people between him and his target.

Spoonman101

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2014, 07:55:35 AM
The closest we've seen is the original Predator mistaking a partially covered heat signal for maybe being Dutch in Predator -- but it was obscured. You might be referring to the subway scene, but nothing says the Predator is having any trouble with anything other than the fact there's a shitload of armed people between him and his target.
That was precisely it SiL, that is why it was debatable. Other than that, even if a Predator was used to his vision doesn't mean that it uses it to identify things. Sight is the Predator's inferior sense, no debate there. Even if it has adapted to using it, there is nothing it can do with it hence why the helmets.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 17, 2014, 12:52:25 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 17, 2014, 12:23:54 AM
Yes, set it in Mogadishu.

US forces are unlikely ever to go back there.

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y347/TheEighthPassenger/Well_be_back_zps1b956e1b.jpg

Shane Black Presents
Our Dutch cameo!

Magegg

I wouldn't be against a sequel in which Dutch is the President of USA.

Spoonman101

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 17, 2014, 03:44:46 PM
I wouldn't be against a sequel in which Dutch is the President of USA.
NO NO NO! MAG ONE MORE TIME, JUST ONE MORE TIME AHHHH!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Magegg on Jul 17, 2014, 03:44:46 PMI wouldn't be against a sequel in which Dutch is the President of USA.

With a vehemently anti-Predator foreign policy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed