Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city.

Started by Alien Jockey, May 14, 2013, 03:20:59 AM

Author
Should Predator 4 plot be in the jungle or in the city. (Read 137,816 times)

Predatorium

I say special forces team in Afghanistan. Afghanistan have forest areas in the mountains aswell. It could be like a recon team ala lone survivor Navy SEALs vs the Predator :D

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 15, 2014, 08:57:09 AM
Quote from: 85 on Jul 14, 2014, 09:36:33 PMI Kinda want to see it in a snowy environment, I know some people would say they did that  in AVP but they weren't actually hunting out in the snow.

The main reason I hate that idea so much is it completely undermines the concept established in the first two films that Predators are specifically drawn to very hot areas.

Start it in a hot area, then the protagonists try to escape into snowy mountains as a way to combat the Predator.

SiL

Cold War got around it by having the Predators crash-land in Russia, and the conflict was the Predators basically just trying to repair their ship to get the futch outta dodge. Which was a much more interesting concept than the comic or novel let it be.

SM

Have them escape in a space launch at Baikonur.

SiL

Predators crash-land in Russia, Putin goes full Arnie and saves the day.

SM

SiL

If it votes ... we can kill it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jul 15, 2014, 03:06:21 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing one set in the past, and how more primitive weapons would combat the Predator.

Get pledging to Dark Ages then! :P

As much as I'd love it, I can't see the studio being this brave to do an actual production.

Quote from: Darkness on Jul 14, 2014, 07:33:31 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2014, 12:40:00 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Jul 14, 2014, 12:17:05 PM
Here's an article I wrote covering the possible locations for Predator 4: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2014/07/14/shane-blacks-predator-sequel-take-place/

I've only skim read it so far but I gotta complain but it well and truly pisses me off when people complain about the Super Predators. They weren't Super Predators. That notion was removed entirely from the film and the only real comparison was that they were different like dogs and wolves. Not experimenting on themselves. argh!

It wasn't clear in the film how they got much stronger than the original Predators. They could be mutations for all we know. Super Predators doesn't really imply that, fans just don't have any other name to refer to them as.

And no-one would consider that if it wasn't for the bloody initial draft which dropped them for a reason - it was stupid. The reason I hate that name is because of the connections to that ridiculous script. They're just the Predators from Predators. Same as that Predator in P2 is the Predator from Predator 2. They've all obviously got their nicknames but no, there's really no need to call them Super Predator. Did I bitch about this in the podcast, SM? I can't remember.

Dill-On

SOME THINGS SHOULD BE A MYSTERY.

Just like a homeworld of Predators.

Imagine complaining after movie release. No, thanks.

SiL

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2014, 10:39:09 AM
And no-one would consider that if it wasn't for the bloody initial draft which dropped them for a reason - it was stupid. The reason I hate that name is because of the connections to that ridiculous script. They're just the Predators from Predators. Same as that Predator in P2 is the Predator from Predator 2. They've all obviously got their nicknames but no, there's really no need to call them Super Predator. Did I bitch about this in the podcast, SM? I can't remember.
The finished movie goes out of its way to explicitly tell us and show us that they're not the same. They're some different type of Predator, even if it's just a type that hunts this particular way and performs body mods. Everyone calls them "Super Predators" because it's easier than saying "The type of Predators in Predators".

DoomRulz

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 14, 2014, 12:40:00 PM
Quote from: Darkness on Jul 14, 2014, 12:17:05 PM
Here's an article I wrote covering the possible locations for Predator 4: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2014/07/14/shane-blacks-predator-sequel-take-place/

I've only skim read it so far but I gotta complain but it well and truly pisses me off when people complain about the Super Predators. They weren't Super Predators. That notion was removed entirely from the film and the only real comparison was that they were different like dogs and wolves. Not experimenting on themselves. argh!

But I like some of the ideas. Was surprised to see you bring up the Sam Parks script. Most people have forgotten about that. I personally want to see in the past. I'm worried it'll be too much like Jason X if they go into the future.

Wasn't Super Predator just a tag used to differentiate between the different Pred types, rather than denote any kind of physical superiority?

Corporal Hicks

No, the original script called them Super Predators because they were supposed to be better due to genetic experimentation and all that blah blah. We'd never be calling them that otherwise.

Quote from: SiL on Jul 15, 2014, 11:23:58 AM
The finished movie goes out of its way to explicitly tell us and show us that they're not the same. They're some different type of Predator, even if it's just a type that hunts this particular way and performs body mods. Everyone calls them "Super Predators" because it's easier than saying "The type of Predators in Predators".

Not to the extent as originally envisioned. It tells us they're a different culture, different values and another subspecies/race (in terms of the Wolf and Dog comments). It's just my annoyance at the phrase because they're just not Super Predators. We've never seen the "Super Predators", thank God.

SiL

Does it really matter?

Corporal Hicks

It just bothers me because when I see people using the term it comes across as if they're thinking of the filmed versions as the ones in the script. Just that's a non-conversation really. It just annoys me.

Spoonman101

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 15, 2014, 12:17:41 PM
It just bothers me got dangit when I see people using the term it comes across as if they're thinking of the factory versions as the ones in the Megalomart! Just that's a non-conversation really. It just annoys me I tell ye'hwat!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed