Class Action Suit Issued

Started by Elicas, May 01, 2013, 12:24:58 AM

Author
Class Action Suit Issued (Read 59,168 times)

Origin

Origin

Dragging that actual, factual process of what went wrong into the spotlight is something I think needs to happen for them, just on principle. They might have been a decent dev in the past, but their creative leads and QA staff are far too up their own asses to "smell what they are cooking" nowadays, so to speak.

This view goes back to when I practically shat my heart out when I saw they had COMPLETELY "revamped" the art design for Borderlands mid-development. And that was just so their game didn't look too much like ID softwares "RAGE". I do not care for the lazy cel-shaded direction they ultimately went with (just...awful texture work) though I concede it was a fun Co-op loot-a-thon. Funny enough, when I played RAGE i couldn't help but think that "hey, this is what Borderlands was SUPPOSED to look like. Awesome!".

Duke Nukem Forever speaks for itself, but it definitely sets the stage for the bullshit GBX decided to squeeze out for us in all the hype leading up to the Aliens release.

Oh, and IDK if this was ever posted here during release but here: http://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/18ewf4/a_lot_of_you_are_rightfully_upset_at_the_final/

A real eye-opener, for sure.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Agreed. I feel the focus should be more on WHY the game turned out so badly and the shady marketing that went along with it.

demonbane

demonbane

Do you think it is possible to turn the light on possible embezzlement done by Gearbox?

Nutlink

Nutlink

Quote from: demonbane on May 07, 2013, 02:11:48 AM
Valve kept close eyes on Gearbox. That's why. If there is no overseer on them, look at what happen.
Ok, that covers one game, what about the rest?  Like I said, they're not really that great of a team, but they HAVE released good games before.

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: Nutlink on May 08, 2013, 05:34:36 AM
Quote from: demonbane on May 07, 2013, 02:11:48 AM
Valve kept close eyes on Gearbox. That's why. If there is no overseer on them, look at what happen.
Ok, that covers one game, what about the rest?  Like I said, they're not really that great of a team, but they HAVE released good games before.
Only Brothers in Arms and Borderland. Yet they still pose problems. Brothers in Arms was far away from how it was advertised.
Borderland... first one constantly gets mentioned for its bad ending. To me, it was bit fun to meh.
And Borderland 2 has people complaining about save issue, and how developers outsource DLC to other developers.
Not to mention the franchise was born from scam.
Rest are at average below. I believe someone covered Gearbox's record. They are not worth keeping. I bet they will do the same for Homeworld IP.

Dowly

Dowly

Much talk has been about the footage shown prior to release being WIP footage,
but wasnt it part of the suit that the way GBX & SEGA held reviews under blanket until
before the launch a point too?

I really dont know if that's illegal or not, or even true, just curious.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: bobby brown on May 01, 2013, 08:06:43 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on May 01, 2013, 08:04:37 PM
I think you people should just let Randy and Geabox get a pass on this whole thing.  What do you say?

Agreed.
the game was a disappointment, we get it.
but stuff like that happen. now, move on.
Look, I don't want anyone to lose their job over this shitty game even that slimy turd Pitchford, but this lawsuit should be regarded as a reminder that consumers aren't mindless cash cows!   

Bounds34

Bounds34

I'l like to think this is a fairly good representation of what it must be like in the courtroom for the ACM lawsuit. Randy Pitchford is Batman and the majority of us as the jury :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqyqqfWv9zo#ws

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I love how we're the ones that are insane.

Hudson

Hudson

Yeah...because Gearbox is just out there fighting the good fight and we all deserve to be in Arkham.  ::)

Bounds34

Bounds34

I would to hit Randy pitchfraud with a rock

8)

livin_target

livin_target

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 10, 2013, 09:16:22 PM

Wait wait wait wait.

Dressing up as a bat and throwing bat shaped boomerangs at people at 3AM in the morning is considered sane nowadays?

Be right back, heading to the costume shop now.

demonbane

demonbane

Quote from: livin_target on May 12, 2013, 08:39:48 PM
Quote from: ShadowPred on May 10, 2013, 09:16:22 PM

Wait wait wait wait.

Dressing up as a bat and throwing bat shaped boomerangs at people at 3AM in the morning is considered sane nowadays?

Be right back, heading to the costume shop now.
Yeah it can be sane considering it is about dealing with crime, not random innocent people.

Jarac

Jarac

I would love for those who filed the suit to win. Not because I expect any money from it, but because it sends a message to the entire gaming industry, which is filled with bull-crap like the A:CM scam. Heck, the fact that the suit was filed at all is a good thing; someone was brave enough to finally stand up to the corrupt gaming industry and say "enough!"

Wanderer

Wanderer

we can still play the A:CM multiplayer if Gearbox goes bankrupt right?   thats all i want to know.
i don't go nuts for great graphics so ACM's 2008 level graphics has never been a problem for me.   what matters to me is the multiplayer gameplay, and from what i see ACM has what i like.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed