Trouble with my avatar

Started by [cancerblack], Mar 28, 2013, 11:59:25 PM

Author
Trouble with my avatar (Read 1,348 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Hi all. First off, I'd like to say I'm glad to be back in this community after a rather long hiatus from reliable internet access.

Now, to my point. I'm having issues assigning an avatar image. I've tried hosting the image on a few different sites, to no avail. Is there something I'm doing wrong? It's a small .png image, and I've tried imageshack.us and postimg.org. I've also found that the "direct link" url those websites provide causes an error message here when I try to use it, so have been using the standard links provided. Which aren't showing up when I post.

Could some kind soul help me out and tell me where I've gone wrong?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

It needs to be 100x100

I went ahead and checked to see what image you have as an avatar, and when I opened a new tab, it's this:

Not 100x100, also...when I opened the image into a new tab, it took me to an entire page instead of just the actual image.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yeah, my web-fu is pretty damn rusty at the moment, and "back in my day", image hosting wasn't so round-about. I assume the details for image size are in an FAQ that I've managed to miss? I'll try re-sizing the image and direct-linking again.

Victory! Thanks for the help ShadowPred. I think I was having a brainfart whilst editing the image, and couldn't for the life of my figure out where I'd screwed up. Feel free to delete this thread now. :)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Any time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed