Alien and predator questions...

Started by Milan, Aug 30, 2007, 10:44:03 PM

Author
Alien and predator questions... (Read 1,364 times)

Milan

Milan

Some questions for the fans here that know more about Aliens and predator than me.

1) When the Aliens are the only ones left in a area do the hive move to another location?

2) When the Predator is on a hunt he follows some rules (code of honor), Do Wolf need to follow these rules as well, this time the predator ain't on earth on a trophy hunt. I remeber seeing Wolf in the trailer killing a man while being cloked, thats against the rules if I remeber things correctlly.

3) Do the Aliens have nerves? They scream when they are being hit, is it because of pain?
What does the info on alien biologi say?

I've looked around but haven't found any answers.

Irritator

Irritator

QuoteI remeber seeing Wolf in the trailer killing a man while being cloked, thats against the rules if I remeber things correctlly.

;D ;D ;D

Go watch Predator and Predator 2.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote1) When the Aliens are the only ones left in a area do the hive move to another location?

Unknown within the boundaries of the films.

Quote2) When the Predator is on a hunt he follows some rules (code of honor), Do Wolf need to follow these rules as well, this time the predator ain't on earth on a trophy hunt. I remeber seeing Wolf in the trailer killing a man while being cloked, thats against the rules if I remeber things correctlly.

The Wolf is present to exterminate the Aliens and kill whatever gets in the way of that goal. Humans factor in as more hosts for the Aliens. Thus, there's no necessity of honor when his sole purpose is eradication.

Quote3) Do the Aliens have nerves? They scream when they are being hit, is it because of pain?

The films don't tell us anything about that. They most likely have nerves to register pain- there's nothing that says that they don't or can't.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Milan on Aug 30, 2007, 10:44:03 PM
When the Aliens are the only ones left in a area do the hive move to another location?

'Aliens' would suggest not, but they had only just caught a female colonist, so, who knows? The Queen seemed fairly happy and immobile.

QuoteThey scream when they are being hit, is it because of pain?

The kind of knowledge you seek is not known. Virtually nothing is. :)

It could just as easily be to express a warning. They might be like Terminators and register the raw 'data' of being injured, but not process it as 'pain', as we would.

Highland

Highland

The code is something anderson has amplified way past what its ment to represent. IMHO

For me they are still savage, ruthless killers, the code is rough at best, only kill people if they are armed, or p*ssing you off. They dont "not" kill people because of the code, more because its a waste of time on such a pointless being.

On the alien point, you only ever here that scream when they die, so i assume its a death thing. Although i always did have thoughts about the piping on their backs making that noise.

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Aug 30, 2007, 10:48:16 PM

2) When the Predator is on a hunt he follows some rules (code of honor), Do Wolf need to follow these rules as well, this time the predator ain't on earth on a trophy hunt. I remeber seeing Wolf in the trailer killing a man while being cloked, thats against the rules if I remeber things correctlly.

QuoteThe Wolf is present to exterminate the Aliens and kill whatever gets in the way of that goal. Humans factor in as more hosts for the Aliens. Thus, there's no necessity of honor when his sole purpose is eradication.

He probobly still follows the rules, becouse all the humans he kills in the trailer have guns.

Milan

Milan

Stuff written in comics and books is ok for me, cause that's where the future movies will get alot of stuff from.

And about the code; Doesn't he need to make his target know that he or she is targeted, I'm thinking about the laser on the arm in P1, voice mimic, glowing eyes, shooting the plasma caster after he's been noticed ect...
I also remeber reading about that if a predator has a specific target in his mind, anyone that comes in his way during that moment can be dealt with without the "code" that makes me think about the train scene in P2.
And about wolf in all of this, if he is a "cleaner" then it means that the predator way of life just got a little bigger, they ain't just bad ass hunters from space.

TakenByForce

Quote from: Milan on Aug 30, 2007, 11:19:49 PM

And about wolf in all of this, if he is a "cleaner" then it means that the predator way of life just got a little bigger, they ain't just bad ass hunters from space.

No, he is still a bad ass hunter from space. He is just one of the best, an Elite, sothey sent himto do a very hard job. which would be kill the Aliens that are over running Earth.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: TakenByForce on Aug 30, 2007, 11:30:35 PM

No, he is still a bad ass hunter from space. He is just one of the best, an Elite, sothey sent himto do a very hard job. which would be kill the Aliens that are over running Earth.

What I'm trying to say is that him being a "cleaner" instead of a hunter as we have seen in P1-2 and AVP, we have a new kind of predator, this could lead to some cool movies in the future, as haveing a cleaner hunt down let's say a pack of "bad bloods".

TakenByForce

Quote from: Milan on Aug 30, 2007, 11:51:13 PM
Quote from: TakenByForce on Aug 30, 2007, 11:30:35 PM

What I'm trying to say is that him being a "cleaner" instead of a hunter as we have seen in P1-2 and AVP, we have a new kind of predator, this could lead to some cool movies in the future, as haveing a cleaner hunt down let's say a pack of "bad bloods".

That would be nice, but i don't really think he's a "cleaner" but that he is just good and they sent him to "clean up"

I understand what you are saying though.

Docta Jekyll

I'd love to see a predator movie with only predator characters, and maybe even no dialogue, even no dialogue, leave it to a very visually talented director, that can tell a story without dialogue, I think it could work.

but I also agree that the 'code' is much more like common trends hunters use, like the general consensus is that predators typically don't kill prey that wouldn't be worth it

because if this was a code that should be followed by all, who the hell is watching these solo hunters when they are off of hunts on other planets, we see the mother ship in P1 simply drop the predator off and fly away.

but I'm sure wolf wouldn't care about following any typical honor rules on a special job like this

and if that supposed face description from the one website is true, we will definately see that he is 'the most leet of the leet' of predators, having half his face burned with acid, and missing one eye, its apparent he has been through some serious combat.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Some questions for the fans here that know more about Aliens and predator than me.

1) When the Aliens are the only ones left in a area do the hive move to another location?

3) Do the Aliens have nerves? They scream when they are being hit, is it because of pain?

I don't think wolf has to worry about honor in this mission, at least not when facing the aliens. Humans may be a different story, but his mission is not a hunt but rather one of extermination and containment.
I would say they have nerves, as they must have brains even if they don't look like a human brain. It seems they have both and exo-skeletal structure and an endo-skeletal one as well.

Aliens will probably stay with their hive and cannibalize their own dead or even living to survive and go into a sort of hibernation if their are no hosts.(much like the queen as witnessed in the first avp, or the eggs themselves in alien)

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: ballzanya on Aug 31, 2007, 12:32:48 AM

I don't think wolf has to worry about honor in this mission, at least not when facing the aliens. Humans may be a different story, but his mission is not a hunt but rather one of extermination and containment.
I would say they have nerves, as they must have brains even if they don't look like a human brain. It seems they have both and exo-skeletal structure and an endo-skeletal one as well.

Aliens will probably stay with their hive and cannibalize their own dead or even living to survive and go into a sort of hibernation if their are no hosts.(much like the queen as witnessed in the first avp, or the eggs themselves in alien)

i dont really think aliens need to eat that often...and i know that in the AVP: extinction game the hive webbing actually absorbs nutrients from its surroundings and transfers it to the aliens

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: pred_alien on Aug 31, 2007, 12:46:12 AM
Quote from: ballzanya on Aug 31, 2007, 12:32:48 AM

i dont really think aliens need to eat that often...and i know that in the AVP: extinction game the hive webbing actually absorbs nutrients from its surroundings and transfers it to the aliens

i think the alien hive structure is actually partially built from parts of dead aliens, i don't remember where i read that but it seems possible. They secrete the sticky web-like shit most likely from inside their inner jaw.

Major Alan Schaefer

probally make their hive with all their slime

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed