SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers

Started by Gazz, Mar 27, 2013, 05:50:54 PM

Author
SEQUEL NEWS: Fox Struggling with Hiring Writers (Read 59,831 times)

Blacklabel

I think it was another designer who felt it was too unrealistic...

Cvalda

Well, the overall resistance to Giger from most sources was that it was "too nightmarish" or that all the sexual overtones would guarantee the film would be "banned in Catholic countries." :P Giger even had to redesign the egg from its original vulva opening to "the shape of the cross, of which I know Catholics are so fond" (paraphrasing) :laugh:

Blacklabel

Yep. The franchise could use some more profane nightmares..... :P 

Gash

I love the fact that Giger came up with the idea of 'appeasing' Catholics by combining a cross with a vulva. They must have been so relieved.

T Dog

Quote from: Gash on Mar 27, 2013, 07:30:28 PM
I love the fact that Giger came up with the idea of 'appeasing' Catholics by combining a cross with a vulva. They must have been so relieved.

I love how Lindelof decided to write Shaw as a near 22nd century Christian.

Nightmare Asylum

I really hope this gets off the ground. And more importantly, I hope it gets done well. The first film opened up a large can of worms; I hope they figure out what to do with them.

Blacklabel

The report seems kinda bogus.

The ending of the Spaihts draft already hinted at a direct sequel, unconnected to Alien. (generating tons of continuity problems... at least Lindelof cleaned that up)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 27, 2013, 09:58:55 PM

The ending of the Spaihts draft already hinted at a direct sequel, unconnected to Alien. (generating tons of continuity problems... at least Lindelof cleaned that up)

I haven't read that script...what was the ending?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I'm so heartbroken at this.

Blacklabel

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 27, 2013, 10:07:26 PM
Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 27, 2013, 09:58:55 PM

I haven't read that script...what was the ending?

It takes place in LV-426. David and "Watts"(Spaihts early version of Shaw) are stranded on the planet after killing the "Ultramorph" that popped out of the Space Jockey in his seat... there are tons of pyramids spread across the planet that light up at the end send a signal to the universe. Somehow, the colonists in Aliens never seemed to notice these pyramids (they hadnt noticed the derelict either till Burke sent them the coordinates). :P But despite the HUGE amounts of continuity problems this would raise, i enjoyed most of the script. Presumably, most "problems" raised by the end of that script would have been solved in the sequel. :P 

ChrisPachi

What a colossal f**k up.

Quote from: Blacklabel on Mar 27, 2013, 09:58:55 PMThe ending of the Spaihts draft already hinted at a direct sequel

Yeah but Spaihts' story only hinted at a possible sequel. Lindelof's story outright demands one.

Gazz

Damon Lindelof provides an update:

QuoteUPDATE: Damon Lindelof was contacted by SlashFilm for comment. He provided a long email detailing his feelings on where the sequel stands, including the fact that he doubts Ridley Scott has ever freaked out in his life. Follow the link for the full email, but here is a snippet:

"As to whether Ridley and Fox are "freaking out" about me not working on a sequel, well that's news to me. I retain awesome relationships with both. More importantly, the idea that there aren't many, MANY writers out there capable of taking the reins is sort of ridiculous. I did not map out a trilogy and then walk when the going got tough. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know me and doesn't know the truth."

Lindelof and Scott may not be the ones freaking out, but Fox execs may be as they try to keep a 2014 release date within their sights.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ridley-scott-and-fox-are-freaking-out-about-the-state-of-prometheus-2

Alien³

Well, if I was given the opportunity I have an idea that would blow people's minds, and it would be possible to make for under $10,000,000. (Too cocky?)

Vote for me. ;)

Cvalda

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 27, 2013, 11:29:35 PM
Well, if I was given the opportunity I have an idea that would blow people's minds, and it would be possible to make for under $10,000,000. (Too cocky?)
Will it? Will it really?

livin_target

I have to wonder what's with film makers/games developers/whoever always wanting to show the homeplanets of the Jockey, Aliens or Predators? I'm sure there's been a few scripts floating about teasing at the idea (not to mention AvP:R) and a few games teasing at the idea too.

Surely leaving an air of mystery would be better.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed