Gearbox Software Talks Aliens: Colonial Marines

Started by ikarop, Mar 24, 2013, 07:38:49 PM

Author
Gearbox Software Talks Aliens: Colonial Marines (Read 25,169 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Berserker Pred on Mar 25, 2013, 10:57:49 PM
Quote from: RC on Mar 25, 2013, 10:43:44 PM
I was hoping they'd announce a sequel.

This made me chuckle very hard :laugh: :laugh:

It bothers me that nobody asked them a legitimate question :(
They were probably told not to before the conference. lol

God, they really do look humiliated. Good. Hopefully they grasp the depth of what the f**k they've done here.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 25, 2013, 05:42:39 AM
The audience sound either labotomised or high. The weirdest stuff was getting celebratory whoops and applause.

"Hey, guys... There's a lot of people here and... Not everyone had an orange, um..."

And that quote from Randy has to be his most WTF one yet. Did he get drunk in preparation for this? ???

I believe he was about to say, "not everyone had an orange, um sticker under their chair." I didn't attend that panel specifically, but after the panel let out I did see some people walking around with the super BL2 CE boxes in their hands. Some panels were doing giveaways where colored stickers were underneath certain chairs.

As for why there wasn't more poison directed towards Gearbox, you've got to remember that the company got it's recognition and fan base from Borderlands, which as a video game franchise has a much bigger following than ALIENS. Had they f**ked up BL2, and done great on ALIENS that panel would have been very different or would have never existed.

I'm personally surprised they mentioned ALIENS at all. I feel bad that Chris, who I've talked to and is a nice guy, had to be the one to step in front of the crowd and address these issues. Granted he is handling the community end of things, but he wasn't the one in charge of the major design or business decisions.

I appreciate that GBX is trying to fix what they released, but it's easier to fix their reputation than it is to fix the damage to the game's reputation. Unless they remake it, fixing elements such as the shitty story, bland design and graphics, then no one is really going to care.

Ash 937

The enthusiasm for GBX at this event was staged and faked...just like their E3 demo for A:CM.

vonVince

Quote from: Ash 937 on Mar 26, 2013, 12:37:15 AM
The enthusiasm for GBX at this event was staged and faked

Seriously, get over it. Not everyone hates (stressing the word hate - there's a big difference between hating something and being unsatisfied with something, but acknowledging that there's potential and amends can be made) the game.

ShadowPred

Grey_Yautja

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 25, 2013, 05:42:39 AMNot everyone had an orange, um..."

If I had an orange, I would've thrown it at him. They honestly deserve to have the audience bombard them with rotten fruits and vegetables. Pity I live all the way in China.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: vonVince on Mar 26, 2013, 12:55:30 AM
Seriously, get over it. Not everyone hates (stressing the word hate - there's a big difference between hating something and being unsatisfied with something, but acknowledging that there's potential and amends can be made) the game.
And that's why we cant have nice things around here but please, go ahead and lower your standards even further...   

vonVince

I like how you act like other people aren't entitled to have their own view on things, and must follow you. No; I am not happy with the way the game turned out; I won't forget it - but I can move on.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: vonVince on Mar 26, 2013, 09:24:31 AM
I like how you act like other people aren't entitled to have their own view on things, and must follow you. No; I am not happy with the way the game turned out; I won't forget it - but I can move on.
In your previous comment, you were talking about acknowledging the product's potential which is reduced to a woulda, coulda, shoulda argument. Just to be clear that I don't hate the game itself nor do I feel resentment towards those responsible. Instead I mock it, including everyone who is desperately trying to defend a broken and mishandled product sponsored with our own money. I for one have accepted the facts thus stopped playing, keeping an open mind and looking forward for what is yet to come in the near future.
You're right that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if you don't have valid evidence to support your statements, your actually contributing to the problem and not the solution.

TorsoInvader

Film Grain toggle.

*slowclaps*

Why yes randy we do remember Borderlands 2,AKA the game you spent ACM's budget on. You can tell all the people who were allowed to stay we told not to ask questions and/or we bought off with random crap.

The same thing happened with the Mass Effect 3 panel from last year,everyone who had on RetakeME3 tshirts or planned on asking actual questions were told to leave before it started and everyone who was allowed to stay was bought off with limited edition stuff or were payed off/were EA Drones.

9th_Stew

Quote from: PanCoreUnit on Mar 26, 2013, 04:02:41 PM

The same thing happened with the Mass Effect 3 panel from last year,everyone who had on RetakeME3 tshirts or planned on asking actual questions were told to leave before it started and everyone who was allowed to stay was bought off with limited edition stuff or were payed off/were EA Drones.

you know it really sad.... its pathetic.

D.R.

F&#$ these guys... The best revenge I could think up is buying a couple of new video games that aren't ACM. So far, DS3, TR, BSI... That's right; stickin' it to the man.

IMO if you can't easily make a good game based on the second film, you should not be in the game biz. It's all there and they couldn't do it.

Mister T

Here's the simple fact about Randy Forkedtongue; he absolutely LIED about the product he was peddling.

Period.

There is no interpretation to this; it is a fact.

The "demo's" that were shown bear ZERO resemblance to the product released; as such, we were "baited and switched."

In the United States this violates federal "Truth in advertising" laws; I know for sure and certain that a great number of criminal complaints have been made in Texas, California and Wisconsin.

Randy got some 'splainin to do..

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Mister T on Mar 29, 2013, 06:53:50 PM
Here's the simple fact about Randy Forkedtongue; he absolutely LIED about the product he was peddling.

Period.

There is no interpretation to this; it is a fact.

The "demo's" that were shown bear ZERO resemblance to the product released; as such, we were "baited and switched."

In the United States this violates federal "Truth in advertising" laws; I know for sure and certain that a great number of criminal complaints have been made in Texas, California and Wisconsin.

Randy got some 'splainin to do..

Pitchfraud sounds better.

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Even after the recent patches (including THE BIG ONE), and speaking from a PC perspective, the game is still in shambles. It's better, but still crap. Which, for anyone who was unfortunate to recently climb in the A:CM bandwagon, should be telling of just how bad the game was on launch day.

Existing Problems Post Patches:

* Textures are better, but much of them still look like shit (some worse than others), and nothing is on par with modern standards.

* The film grain effect is hideous (how in the hell could they think we would want THIS; let alone force it on us).

* The rain still looks god-awful.

* The Alien wall-walk mechanic is still broken and not even worth using. Which gets you killed a lot, and even more if you try to use it.

* The AI is better but still needs a lot of improvement.

* The lighting and shadowing is still terrible.

* Hit effects are still garbage.

* The animations are still garbage (especially for the Aliens).

* I HATE the stupid green mist effect for the Aliens. That should be optional at most.

* I HATE not being able to play them in 1st person. This should also be optional at most.

* That stupid ass Spitter needs to be ripped outta the game and replaced with the Runner.

* Aliens are tiny as hell. I don't think the Aliens have ever been portrayed smaller than in A:CM.

* Even at point blank range and on "Ultimate Badass" difficutly, acid splash does practically nothing to the Marines.

* That f**king stupid cocking mechanism on the M41A NEEDS to go (the technical name escapes me ATM).

* The M41A's ammo capacity is only 40. It should be 95.

* The MT's range indicator doesn't work properly.

* ALL motion blips on the MT should be white. At least on "Ultimate Badass" difficulty.

So yeah, this game is never going to be the game they said it would be. Or even the game they showed us it would be. I'm not going to even mention the campaign bullshit. Someone needs to by lynched.

They should just release the SDK and let US fix their f**king disaster. You know, by fans that actually care. Obviously Pitchfraud and his merry men can't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed