Predator 3D Blu-Ray Discussion

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 09, 2013, 06:46:20 AM

Author
Predator 3D Blu-Ray Discussion (Read 48,714 times)

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

That looks awesome. Not 130$ awesome tho.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 18, 2013, 03:10:37 AM
http://d2qcn1pw3me4sl.cloudfront.net/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/240x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/p/r/predator.png
http://www.foxconnect.com/predator-3d-head.html

QuoteTHE ULTIMATE HUNTING TROPHY – This limited-edition gift set includes an exclusive keepsake sculpture with removable mask to celebrate the arrival of Predator on Blu-ray 3D™ — plus the 2D Blu-ray™ and DVD versions of the movie, along with hours of out-of-this-world extras!

Only $130!!!
:o

Just what I've been looking for: a way to waste $130!!!

predxeno

predxeno

I'd buy it if it ACTUALLY came with the 3d Blu-Ray.

predxeno

predxeno

Damn, this really makes me wish I could have gone to SDCC. :'(

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

I'd only be excited if it was a 3d release in theaters. Jurassic Park 3D was done splendidly. Which was surprising.

predxeno

predxeno

At this point, I wouldn't hold my breath and that's what makes me so ANGRY. >:(

worldpeace

worldpeace

jessie venturas chest exploding in 3D.. mask taking off and roaring at arnold in 3D.. even the stick around blade in the guerrillas chest..  im wondering if the waterfall scene will be improved by 3D .   this feels like gears winding up for something bigger down the road to me.

Vepariga

Vepariga

I think the Choppas going over the jungle would look good in 3D

Sully

Sully

Don't get your hopes up.  Seperating the picture in Predator into several layers will or should be a pain in the ass.  It's not a case of making a building stand out in 3D, which has one straight concise wall with right angles, it's a case of thousands of leaves and other asymmetric vegetation.  That's a lot of work.

It's not a question of whether or not it can be done - Jurassic Park proved that it can (e.g. raptors in the jungle scenes), it's a question of whether or not they half assed it.

Proteus

Proteus

Chances of a new Predator film look bleak. The underwhelming box office results for the last film just aren't enough for Fox to move forward with a franchise that is floundering (film wise). With their plate full of other projects, I'm sure a Predator movie is the last thing on their minds. It's a shame because the popularity of merchandising, I assume, is great. NECA figures, novelty items, literature (despite not having anything recent). I just wish they would take a leap of faith and give a good director and good writer an opportunity to spark some life into it. Plenty of source material out there to choose from if nothing original! Spruce up one of these graphic novel or novel stories. Alas, I'm sure we've seen the last of the Preds on the big screen. :(

worldpeace

worldpeace

Quote from: Proteus on Jul 21, 2013, 07:55:42 AM
Chances of a new Predator film look bleak. The underwhelming box office results for the last film just aren't enough for Fox to move forward with a franchise that is floundering (film wise). With their plate full of other projects, I'm sure a Predator movie is the last thing on their minds. It's a shame because the popularity of merchandising, I assume, is great. NECA figures, novelty items, literature (despite not having anything recent). I just wish they would take a leap of faith and give a good director and good writer an opportunity to spark some life into it. Plenty of source material out there to choose from if nothing original! Spruce up one of these graphic novel or novel stories. Alas, I'm sure we've seen the last of the Preds on the big screen. :(
so hopeless dude.   i think its up to arnold . not you.

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: worldpeace on Jul 21, 2013, 08:45:48 AM

It's not up to Arnold at all.

Proteus

Proteus

Don't be daft. Nowhere in my comments did I allude to a new film being up to me, nor do I think it would be up to Arnold. That's a studio call.

worldpeace

worldpeace

i guess sarcasm is not popular with you 2. its more to do with arnold then anyone here..   of course fox is the owner  ..daft? calling the kettle black much?..   my point is most of you sound hopeless about a new WELL made predator movie. im optimistic about it. fox wants arnold, arnold is in terminator 5 with a lead roll.. he said hes discussed predator as well.  leads me to think he is our only option at this point

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Jul 21, 2013, 10:05:53 AM

It's not up to Arnold at all.
if arnold has been pursued for a predator film thats plot relied on dutch as a center piece id guess it was up to him. unless they would just replace arnold.

what ive been wondering for years is,  why doesn't fox sell predator since fox is not really doung much with it other then repackaging the original films. let another studio try to milk something out of it??  hollywood is run by spoiled, greedy,  idiot children , thats why.

Hudson

Hudson

Quotemost of you sound hopeless about a new WELL made predator movie.

It arguably hasn't happened since 1987, and after four failed attempts at making good movies I'm not sure I'd call people hopeless.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed