First Look at Creative Assembly's Alien Game?

Started by ikarop, Mar 02, 2013, 08:21:16 AM

Author
First Look at Creative Assembly's Alien Game? (Read 34,855 times)

TheRaven

I really hope this game nails it's atmosphere and really delivers.

But my outlook is slightly negative since A:CM but I can hope c:

szkoki

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 02, 2013, 03:15:17 PM
Quote from: JungleHunter87 on Mar 02, 2013, 02:46:29 PM
I hope the only weapon you get is the flamethrower with limited ammo and that is IT. That would make for a far scarier game IMHO.

WHAT?

Please, you must be joking. That be boring as shit.

because (a tons of) people like u great survivor horror titles were redefined to action adventure so would u let us poor idiots who like this genre to enjoy a survivor horror after many many years for this once?

Kimarhi

I'd play it.

szkoki

the action or the survivor horror? :P

Kimarhi

I'd play a survival horror game featuring the Alien where weapons/supplies are limited.

szkoki

yeah but that cant be played by 8-18 years old people so a lot of money from a big market segment would be lost so dont believe that would ever happen again, just like for Resident Evil...but they say RE:Revelations is survivor horror and sold well on nintendo thats why they ported to consoles well umm...we will see what it is and if its good, it will sell well again then maybe konami reconsider to make an actual survivor horror again, and that would motivate other companies

p1nk81cd

Betcha this one'll meet a canceled demise- like any other promising Aliens game... I see you looking at that f***ing ACM crap.  :laugh:

Kimarhi

Quote from: szkoki on May 02, 2013, 11:04:58 AM
yeah but that cant be played by 8-18 years old people so a lot of money from a big market segment would be lost so dont believe that would ever happen again, just like for Resident Evil...but they say RE:Revelations is survivor horror and sold well on nintendo thats why they ported to consoles well umm...we will see what it is and if its good, it will sell well again then maybe konami reconsider to make an actual survivor horror again, and that would motivate other companies

Games/Movies/Books are cyclical.  Eventually everyone will be so burned out of the COD type games they'll crave something else.  Survival Horror was HUGE when I was a teenager.  The first RE game came out when I was eleven.  It tapered down because eventually it became oversaturated.  The same thing will happen with games that are popular now. 

Mr. Clemens

I think we can all agree that a fresh take on a game in this franchise is necessary. And since this is an 'Alien' game, and not an 'Aliens' game, I'm cautiously optimistic...

szkoki

szkoki

so do you really think they will pull this one off with only one creature in it, with a great story, great characters with all the creativity at least just like a movie needs? maybe in movie style? im in it but i doubt there is another creative team like the one who made Heavy Rain or a team who dares to make a move like this with the franchise...and probably im the only one who would enjoy wandering around in the first 2 hours of the game on the Nostromo flirting with the crew members, playing on the computer, mocking Dallas etc etc then for another 3 hours going on a vacation on a planet, exploring the derelict with no aliens around but upsetting, strange scenes and haunted music...ok im overreacting here but a great story needs 1 hour build up or 2 with characters and tension

whats the genre here btw anyone knows for sure? because tps is hardly one nowdays..

Kimarhi

I doubt they'll ever have the balls enough to do a game where there is only 1 alien.  I can see them doing a slower paced game that featured limited encounter/supplies until the big finale encounter where everything is thrown at you or something though.

Greedo

this is going to be interesting.

i want this to be based on A L I E N.

chose your character and go all around the Nostromo and discover it.

one Xeno aboard, so you never know where its going to jump out at you.

Also i want dark areas , hardly no lights to make things much more dramatic.

PERFECT.

Hybrid King

The screenshot has what appears to be a life bar, suggesting there may be combat. I know Amnesia is the perfect template for what a game based on the original film should be, and a lot of fans clamor for that. I think we're gonna get something more like the classic Resident Evils and Silent Hills, especially considering the third-person perspective. I don't know how combat would work in a true Alien game though.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Hybrid King on May 18, 2013, 03:06:44 AMI don't know how combat would work in a true Alien game though.

Good question.

I'm not an avid gamer, but I'm playing the new Tomb Raider right now, and I'm really enjoying the cinematic 'Quick, press triangle a lot! Okay........ now press square! SQUARE! SQUARE!' approach. It feels like you're watching a movie, but also like you're in that movie, trying to survive.

I could see a lot of gamers crying about that, but I'm also seeing a lot of people in this thread saying that the game shouldn't be about weapons and combat, and I agree with them. And since this game is called 'Alien', I think the designers do, too.

What do people think of the Tomb Raider approach?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quicktime events, as those are popularly called, can provide for a cinematic atmosphere, but severely limit replayability. They'll forever play out in exactly the same repetitious way.

Also can be immensely frustrating, because the only way to force tension into that mechanic is to make some of them depend on split-second timing and that makes it turn into a chore-like exercise in futility.

As for this game, I don't see how it's going to work against a single Alien. As a film, yes, that can work. As a game... Not so much. Not unless they structure the entire thing as one huge hide-and-seek thing, but I doubt it would have taken this long to programme if they were going to do something as simple as that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed