Xenos in the Photo Shop

Started by Biomechanoid, Mar 01, 2013, 03:16:28 AM

Author
Xenos in the Photo Shop (Read 12,269 times)

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Thanks, these images are for anyone who wishes to use them in anyway. Also, since you have a bucket list of avatars for your forum, you might check out my bucket, I have close to 400 Alien and Predator avatars. If you see any you want to add to your bucket, feel free to grab them. . . . . http://www.scifimoviezone.com/avpforumavatars.shtml

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Fantastic! Thank you for sharing those.

I keep meaning to do a nice big update of avatars actually. Was always just something I enjoyed doing when I had nothing to do.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Fan of LeRoy Neiman?

Here's a photoshop piece I designed of the Covenant xenomorph in the style of LeRoy Nieman.

For those not familiar with Neiman, he was an American artist well known for sports paintings who's style included bold splashy paint strokes and brilliant colors.

Click here for a larger view...... http://www.scifimoviezone.com/imageavp/xenonieman.png

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Only thing that would make this better would be a Warhol style xenomorph 4-piece portrait. ;D

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Deadmeat on Sep 18, 2017, 08:44:49 AM
Only thing that would make this better would be a Warhol style xenomorph 4-piece portrait. ;D
My guess, Warhol would have loved Photoshop.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Quote from: Biomechanoid on Sep 18, 2017, 01:14:00 PM
Quote from: Deadmeat on Sep 18, 2017, 08:44:49 AM
My guess, Warhol would have loved Photoshop.

He did, in fact, dabble in digital art on a Commodore Amiga computer in the mid eighties! Your guess is spot on, friend. He would have loved Photoshop. :D

If not an alien, definitely think of making a David portrait, Warhol-style. Now that's something I'd love to see. ;)

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Deadmeat on Sep 19, 2017, 09:46:55 AM
He did, in fact, dabble in digital art on a Commodore Amiga computer in the mid eighties! Your guess is spot on, friend. He would have loved Photoshop. :D
Yea, he died just one year before Photoshop was created.

Quote from: Deadmeat on Sep 19, 2017, 09:46:55 AM
If not an alien, definitely think of making a David portrait, Warhol-style. Now that's something I'd love to see. ;)
I took early retirement so I have lots of free time and you mentioning Warhol inspired me to design a Warhol version of Predator. It didn't turn out like I had imagined. I should have removed more detail to match Warhol's pop art minimalist tone.

I modeled it on Warhol's Marilyn Monroe portrait......

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

Try posterizing it more, your version seems to have too defined edges and areas. If you wanna achieve Warhol's style you're gonna have to be VERY loose on the light/shadow thresholds. Other than that it looks great. :) Just keep tweaking and experimenting until you find what's most pleasing ;)

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Deadmeat on Sep 21, 2017, 09:10:06 AM
Try posterizing it more, your version seems to have too defined edges and areas. If you wanna achieve Warhol's style you're gonna have to be VERY loose on the light/shadow thresholds. Other than that it looks great. :) Just keep tweaking and experimenting until you find what's most pleasing ;)
Posterizing wouldn't really work, that would add black outlines to the facial/head shape. Warhol was not really big on adding black outlines on subjects.

Subject is everything, and honestly I think predator is not the ideal subject to recreate a Warhol impression. Your suggestion of David would be a better subject.

NeoXenoPred

NeoXenoPred

That xeno and pred in your photoshop is amazing. I loved that!

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Thank you, Neo.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

My non-alien/predator Photshop designs:
Jurassic Park - Old 60's style movie poster design

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Battered Predator

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

My non-alien/predator Photoshop designs:
Blade Runner fan poster

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Those are f**king great man !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed