Xenos in the Photo Shop

Started by Biomechanoid, Mar 01, 2013, 03:16:28 AM

Author
Xenos in the Photo Shop (Read 12,246 times)

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

A photo shop piece I designed.

For those who enjoy visuals of the universe, galaxies, the cosmos, I give you The Xeno Nebula.....

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Good!

Nrage

Nrage

Something like this would make for some clever box art for sure! ^_^

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Thanks xmorphine and nrage.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Nrage on Mar 01, 2013, 07:19:56 AM
Something like this would make for some clever box art for sure! ^_^

Agreed. Put a moon in the background and the nostromo in it and you've got an Alien poster or dvd cover 8) Great work biomechanoid :)

REYALS

REYALS

Ooooh... really nice. Like the look and the idea others have of art for promotional and/or packaging.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Thanks Terx and Reyals

Here's another one of my designs.

For those into nature, I call this Strolling in a Rainforest at Night.

http://scifimoviezone.com/SFMZPhotoshop.shtml

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

More photoshop stuff...

Nostromo insignia bronze plaque....

The Handshake....
Primary filters: Watercolor, Fresco

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Plasma Power
Primary filters: Neon Daub

Dark Blade1

Dark Blade1

Very neat at first I could not see the alien but I did see it and looks like a picture I seen before still great.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Thank you Dark Blade

Next:
Predator Mask for Other Worlds

Russ

Russ

Some great work here

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Much appreciated, Russ.

Next:
The Chain Room
Filters: Required numerous filters. The background was photo image and the creature was a 3D rendering that's been floating around the web for years. So I layered in several filters with differing transparency blends to get both photo image and 3D rendering to produce a matched, painted visual feel.

note - I know that's the wrong type alien for the chain room, but I really liked the pose of that rendering in relation to the background.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I really like that. Interesting texture to the Alien.

Biomechanoid

Biomechanoid

Thank you, Hicks.

I actually had to spend more time on the background. As you know from the film, there is no complete view of the chain room. You might remember in the movie, the camera view starts at the bottom and then pans up to reveal the upper area with water dripping down. I grabbed a number of screenshots from bottom to top, pieced them together, and blended the seams.

Unfortunately, the camera view did not pan up parallel to the view. It did a swivel pan up (sorry, I don't know cinematography lingo/talk). So that changed the angle on objects when piecing it together. The large machine or whatever it is, suspended by chains, blended okay. But it was the chains that are out of whack. In fact if you look right under the creature's right hand, you can see two chains not lined up. Each time I tried to line them up it threw the big machine out of whack. So I sacrificed the chains in favor of the machine.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed