Script in the works for PROM Seq

Started by draken161, Feb 27, 2013, 06:59:15 AM

Author
Script in the works for PROM Seq (Read 64,525 times)

Highland

Highland

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 06, 2013, 01:04:57 PM

The derelict in Alien, they are saying, used to look like the interior of the Juggernaut.

Even going on that, who's to say the green goo that David touches that seems charged or the black goo itself can't morph the ship if left long enough? Or still, like I said before the ship was just changed by the products it was housing?

Ignoring all of that, I think if we saw the exact original Derelict in Prometheus it would take away from the massive time span and wonder that Scott is trying to portray in the first scenes of Alien.

......and we'd have people in here claiming the Derelict crashed 5 minutes before the events in Prometheus.

Gash

Gash

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Mar 06, 2013, 08:04:56 PM

...But the Engineers are straight out of a Giger painting [sort of]! So was the viper pit in Resurrection -- and the detailing on the Dog Alien.

Pretty sure the viper pit was what got Giger stating that his alien designs had degenerated into a sewer with a slimy turd at it's heart. He wasn't a fan.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No, he said that of the Aliens themselves (in the Alien Evolution doc IIRC -- said they were pretty good before).
Regarding the Viper Pit -- Clickity.

mythology

mythology

Quote from: StrangeShape on Mar 06, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

burrowing your images

if a creature did do some interior redecorating turning the Juggernaut interior into what we see in "alien" then you should be thankful that our movie monster inherently possesses giger art skills.

as your cocooned to the wall you'll have much to admire around you as you'll be surrounded by bones and slime arranged in a artistic manner.

Darth Vile

The problem is that with the 'Ripley finds Dallas' deleted scene from Alien and the xeno cocoons/lair in Aliens, they establish that it's the xeno's who do the interior design work. So it does, and always did in my eyes, beg the question what did the derelict look like before the xeno's took hold?

bishoop

bishoop

Quote from: Darth Vile on Mar 07, 2013, 12:46:11 PM
The problem is that with the 'Ripley finds Dallas' deleted scene from Alien and the xeno cocoons/lair in Aliens, they establish that it's the xeno's who do the interior design work. So it does, and always did in my eyes, beg the question what did the derelict look like before the xeno's took hold?

exactly - also bear in mind the xeno (or xenos) on the derelict will have been like 50 ft high or something and theyd have had plenty time on their hands to get it just as they like it

Alien³

Alien³

I'm pretty sure the alien that burst from the Space Jockey didn't linger around the ship for long. The burnt hole in the floor suggests it quickly went underneath the deck where the Space Jockey was discovered.

However, where Kane finds the eggs, well, who knows.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: mythology on Mar 07, 2013, 07:56:55 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Mar 06, 2013, 05:14:24 PM

burrowing your images

if a creature did do some interior redecorating turning the Juggernaut interior into what we see in "alien" then you should be thankful that our movie monster inherently possesses giger art skills.

as your cocooned to the wall you'll have much to admire around you as you'll be surrounded by bones and slime arranged in a artistic manner.
Well it certainly did a good job of 'redesigning' the lower levels of the atmospheric processor.

bishoop

bishoop

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 07, 2013, 12:57:55 PM
I'm pretty sure the alien that burst from the Space Jockey didn't linger around the ship for long. The burnt hole in the floor suggests it quickly went underneath the deck where the Space Jockey was discovered.

However, where Kane finds the eggs, well, who knows.

thats interesting i never thought of that.

maybe the giant xeno was a queen that laid the eggs (not the eggs were cargo)

or maybe there were other Space Jockeys (or engineers) on board that were captured by the giant xeno and then made into the eggs (like the Alien xeno was doing with Dallas/Brett)

thinking about what happened to the derelict and the SJ is far more creepy and eerie and mysterious than if they show us - i hope they never put it on screen

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 07, 2013, 01:37:32 PM
Well it certainly did a good job of 'redesigning' the lower levels of the atmospheric processor.

Granted, but the two are very different from one respect. The Alien Nest is much more chaotic. The structure has an asymetrical quality. Where as everything in the halls of the jockey ship are mirrored and repeating all around. It's obviously meant to be that it was fashioned that way on purpose, not the result of some... degradation or nesting practice by the Jocklien.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: bishoop on Mar 07, 2013, 03:02:31 PM
thinking about what happened to the derelict and the SJ is far more creepy and eerie and mysterious than if they show us - i hope they never put it on screen

Now that I agree with.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Highland on Mar 07, 2013, 02:32:38 AMOr still, like I said before the ship was just changed by the products it was housing?

So the goo 'monsterfied' the entire interior of the spaceship? I can do some pretty wacky shit, but that's a stretch even for this movie. :P

Ultimately, the ships being different isn't a problem - it can be left an untold story - the problem is the lazy explanation for it. A well done sequel could cast off these silly comments from the designers and provide more information about the nature and history of the Engineers and therefore some more plausible explanations for the discrepancy.

Or, it could continue to tell us to go f**k ourselves.

At this point, the only explanation that makes any sense is that PROMETHEUS is simply a re-imagining of the ALIEN universe. Its a reboot - like Battlestar Galactica.

Its like watching a new Bond movie - it doesnt totally tie-in or make 100% sense with the previous incarnations.

There is no other way to reconcile the differences or lack of logic. No way in hell is PROMETHEUS directly connected to ALIEN (1979). No - f**king - way.

Unfortunately for us fans, Prometheus doesnt even make sense with itself!

SpaceMarines

But... there's nothing that contradicts anything, story-wise. Some shit looks a bit different.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 07, 2013, 11:24:40 PMBut... there's nothing that contradicts anything, story-wise. Some shit looks a bit different.

True. I guess it depends on how integral the nature of the original ship and its pilot are to your own view of the story. I would argue that they are deeply integral to the original film - Scott didn't have Giger on location making bone sets or have his kids wearing tiny spacesuits because it was cheap or easy - he did those things to communicate certain aspects of the ship and the Jockey, things that he has retconned in his new film. The only argument is whether you are OK with that or not.

I'm not. Sucks for me. ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed