SP DLC Speculation

Started by JokersWarPig, Feb 24, 2013, 07:34:10 PM

Author
SP DLC Speculation (Read 61,391 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: szkoki on Jul 08, 2013, 09:23:39 PM
im not talking about fixing anything....really this story sucks ASS , there shouldnt be a dlc to fix that cmon...im talking about an independent short story  wich ties in the main story but with tension and aliens vibe in it finally and not a campaign wich were like made up by a 2 year old monkey....and sorry thats an insult the monkeys

If they haven't done that already, what makes you think they'd start now?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

There's always hope that they actually freaking learned something.

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 08, 2013, 11:24:45 PM
There's always hope that they actually freaking learned something.

Depends if Pitchford is too busy riding the "Alienz are teh weeeeeeaaaak sauce " train all the while shoving a M41-A Pulse Rifle up his ass.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

How is his Twitter account doing, these days?

SM

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 06, 2013, 01:30:00 PM
Is "Legato" a Joseph Conrad reference? Because Sephora was. Might be a hint whether or not it's a ship.

Leggatt was a guy who killed a dude on the Sephora and escaped by swimming to another nearby ship in Conrad's The Secret Sharer.

In the Alien universe, the Leggatt was a Ridton Corp salvage ship upon which Lambert served.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 06, 2013, 12:26:22 PM
Huh, interesting. "Stasis Interrupted" to me implies it's a prequel set during when Hicks is woken up aboard the Sulaco, but then they talk about the Queen escaping too. Maybe a parallel story revolving around Hicks?

The queen escaped later in the campaign. I assume this DLC will not be continuous in terms of timeline. It will skip around.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Jul 09, 2013, 03:41:49 AMThe queen escaped later in the campaign. I assume this DLC will not be continuous in terms of timeline. It will skip around.

That's what I was getting at. Assuming that's who it's based on, I guess it'll come in chunks, obviously with a big gap during the period in which Hicks is being held prisoner by W-Y.

Kronnang_Dunn

Kronnang_Dunn

;D This is why I got the season pass. I suspected a SP campaign was in the works and I was RIGHT!

I am pretty sure the campaign "Stasis Interrupted" will be all about Hicks... but what intrigues me right now is the "Find Your Family" trophy.... maybe there will be a short playable flashback of Newt during the Hadley's Hope infestation.... COD style. :o

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: szkoki on Jul 08, 2013, 09:13:44 PM
primal hunt was a piece of junk either?
LOL ! Primal Hunt was not a 10$ DLC, it was a STAND ALONE EXPANSION!!! How you can even think to compare the two  ???

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I hold out little hope that this'll be any better than the main game, but I may pick it up out of curiosity, if it's cheap.

And who knows, maybe it'll explain some of the glaring plot holes in the story... (Probably in a really crappy fashion.)

underbound

underbound

Are they reworking half of the game entirely because for those that saw the trophies it says stuff that we did already with what we got.most of it)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

No. Personally I'm guessing it's based around another character, possibly Hicks, and takes place alongside what happens in the main game.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: WinterActual on Jul 09, 2013, 09:30:27 AM
Quote from: szkoki on Jul 08, 2013, 09:13:44 PM
primal hunt was a piece of junk either?
LOL ! Primal Hunt was not a 10$ DLC, it was a STAND ALONE EXPANSION!!! How you can even think to compare the two  ???

ok you are pessimist and im on the opposite site thats all, im not gonna convince you to be hopeful

Samus007

Samus007

Any word if this SP DLC will have the co op like the main game had?

Bio Mech Hunter

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 25, 2013, 02:24:17 AM
Quote from: The Runner on Feb 25, 2013, 12:47:00 AM
I wonder if there will be more new Xenomorphs in the DLC?
I wonder if they'll have actual aliens in the dlc?
LOL

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed