New Aliens: Colonial Marines Visual Mods & Add-ons

Started by ikarop, Feb 19, 2013, 04:42:54 PM

Author
New Aliens: Colonial Marines Visual Mods & Add-ons (Read 19,126 times)

newbeing

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 20, 2013, 03:56:17 AM
Quote from: newbeing on Feb 20, 2013, 03:19:51 AM
Would be great to have a way to get rid of the marine names that hover above the other players in MP and the characters in SP. So distracting.
Removing the HUD (togglehud command) doesn't get rid of those?

Whoops I only saw the other remove HUD mod. The other one did the trick. Thanks!

Ash 937

It's endearing to see the fans of this franchise come to its rescue and make more out of A:CM than Gearbox was ever willing to do.  We put up with a lot as fans but I do think this is the first time I've actually seen the fan base directly initiate a movement to correct something that was done wrong to the franchise.  The fact that these efforts are being shared and essentially done for free only makes Gearbox look worse because they are a series of simple steps that would've gone a long way to make this game better...and GBX never cared to do it themselves (despite having more resources than any modder to do it whimsically). 

At the very least, Gearbox should release the SDK to the fans now with a very public "Thank You" to the people that are stepping up do their job for them for free.

Mihail

Cellien

Nice, can't wait to try in 3D with that mod.  Only played on PS3 so far, waiting for the inevitable price drop on Steam.

acrediblesource

Sorry folks , the mod for me makes some terrible changes and screws up the render.
1. The resolution is subed, i'm not sure but 1920x1080 is significantly blurry as if it were rendered in a lower res and scaled up.
2. I continued playing my game and for some reason viewing the LV426 sky makes the view a blinding white until you look back down to the ground or an area that is shielded from the sky.

ikarop

ikarop

You mean the ENB? The issue with the white screen was fixed in the latest version. Not sure about the resolution but you're the first one to report that. Have you checked that your res is indeed 1920x1080 in the menu settings? Sometimes it can get reset.

szkoki

thats too blue...i made something like that a week ago but was really annoying after a while...here is my final version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lptpxECjEog#ws

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

You know a games bad when the customers make a game better then the actual company did.

livin_target

Quote from: GET TO THE CHOPPA! on Feb 22, 2013, 10:20:36 PM
You know a games bad when the customers make a game better then the actual company did.

Well, to be fair, it's a fairly common occurrence in any game that can be modded even slightly. In the visual department, developers may find themselves more constrained than modders because of pressures to make sure the game runs on less powerful systems. They also have to ensure that all assets are of similar visual quality- one particular example I can think of is Dawn of War where a modding group released a Sisters of Battle mod that looked absolutely fantastic. Then when an official expansion came out, the Sisters featured in it looked nowhere near as good as the Sisters in the mod but the Expansions Sisters did look of similar quality to the rest of the factions in the game. Not that I'm saying the game looks great or anything.

Gren_86

GET TO THE CHOPPA!

Quote from: livin_target on Feb 22, 2013, 10:47:00 PM
Quote from: GET TO THE CHOPPA! on Feb 22, 2013, 10:20:36 PM

Well, to be fair, it's a fairly common occurrence in any game that can be modded even slightly. In the visual department, developers may find themselves more constrained than modders because of pressures to make sure the game runs on less powerful systems. They also have to ensure that all assets are of similar visual quality- one particular example I can think of is Dawn of War where a modding group released a Sisters of Battle mod that looked absolutely fantastic. Then when an official expansion came out, the Sisters featured in it looked nowhere near as good as the Sisters in the mod but the Expansions Sisters did look of similar quality to the rest of the factions in the game. Not that I'm saying the game looks great or anything.

I guess so, at least is says that people actually want this game to be liked and to be an at least decent game.

bobcunk

I dont think its that bad. rage had some pretty bad textures aswell. i have not had any graphic problems exept for the low rez textures and my multilayer seems to bright. other than that its a pretty average game, not bad just average.

Cellien

Quote from: szkoki on Feb 22, 2013, 09:56:29 PM
thats too blue...i made something like that a week ago but was really annoying after a while...here is my final version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lptpxECjEog#ws

Interesting, but it's bit too harsh contrast for my liking.  Neat look though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed