User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aliens: Not Colonial Marines  (Read 913 times)

Aceburster
Feb 17, 2013, 02:16:41 AM
Topic on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:16:41 AM
 For a long time I thought I had an idea of what A:CM was supposed to be. Of course it turned out differently lol but over the years I had some expectations of the game as well as a personal Ideal. The kind of game that I thought this game would be in a perfect world. I figured id go ahead and share for fun because lots of this was inspired by my impressions of how A:CM was going to be.

Spoilers everywhere to keep details neat and organized, but in general the concept is a survival horror game, really about choices. The kind of game that you think youre gonna die, your probably gonna die, if you dont die itll be a miracle or because of solid teamwork and careful descision making. I think that you could spend a mission trying to construct a hamburger and bring it across the map and still be scared, yet determined to succeed.

Basic Concept:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Thats the general idea, just get from point A to point B without wiping. But heres some specifics to give a solid idea of how it all
goes down.

The Basic Classes

Aight, how about Xenos...

I know I know, it actually seems like innovation compared to some of the things weve seen over the years. So how do these Aliens
work?

Neat so... what about that human controlled Xeno?

Wow, you mean a tough as @#$% Alien with human intelligence? Thats like a whole mechanic itself! Btw... wtf is an Encounter?

Encounters:

How exactly do you plan on preventing these awful things from happening?

Sealing Things:

Man they just cant catch a break huh... how do they defend themselves, what can they get?

Forget I asked... Alright gimme an example of the game part.

General Gameplay:

So even a player joining or leaving is a big deal and presents the group with issues to sort out at often inconvinient times.

When i was a little kid Id go outside at dusk and pretend Aliens were swarming just out of my sight. Id sneak around corners and get imaginative that a Xeno would pop out of someones shed and Id have to run because nothing stops those things! After a while the shadows got creepier and every sound meant something. Eventually id scare myself back inside thinking something was out to get me.

With a game like this... something IS out to get you and you cant stop it. Leave the explosions and cawwadoody bull@#$% at home. I dont need a story or canon or predators or freakin donuts, I just wanna get scared. My Ideal.

Snow Leopard
Feb 17, 2013, 02:21:43 AM
Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:21:43 AM
Took my time to read some of it and I like the stuff about the android and his perks

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2013, 02:33:17 AM by Snow Leopard »

Aceburster
Feb 17, 2013, 02:25:51 AM
Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:25:51 AM
Yea its a lot lol. Its sort of a free pass because you can freeze and let an Alien pass but dude that was creepy enough in A:CM, imagine if they put that in a real game with real Aliens lol. when I say freeze though, im mean you cant move the mouse to turn or anything. If you bump your desk its GG.

Elicas
Feb 17, 2013, 01:02:12 PM
Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2013, 01:02:12 PM
Liked everything except the human controlled xeno. Keep people the f**k out of my single player.

Solid idea for a co-op experience though, in which case I wouldn't mind human controlled enemies. But this drop in drop out solo stuff needs to die a f**king death, separate the two modes, single player OR co-op, not both at the same f**king time.

Cal427eb
Feb 17, 2013, 01:59:19 PM
Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2013, 01:59:19 PM
Sounds fun but it doesn't sound like a Colonial Marine game.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed