A: CM vs. AvP 2010

Started by DoomRulz, Feb 13, 2013, 10:37:48 AM

Author
A: CM vs. AvP 2010 (Read 8,232 times)

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: RazorSlash on Feb 18, 2013, 04:47:14 AM
I'm in the minority of people that actually liked AvP 2010, sooo...
No, I liked it too. Just some of the Predators Op-ness and the melee system for the Marines I hated, along with some iffy-map designs. For the most part I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

I haven't played CM, but after reading some reviews and watching some gameplay it looks utter shit.

I think the hate poured on AvP3 is a bit unreasonable, yeah it's a shame we didn't get the perfect MP experience and that support was dropped. But I had a great time playing through the single player, the marine campaign being a highlight. Stick it on nightmare and it's a serious challenge.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

No, the hate poured on A:CM in comparison to AvP3 (MP only) is unreasonable. CM is simply a superior MP experience overall.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Perhaps but if official reviews are what we go on, A:CM is a much inferior product overall.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 17, 2013, 11:17:25 PM
I never had that problem.

I've seen it happen constantly. Only when the predator player is inexperienced or caught between the other two species combined has it not been an issue. (IE when there are sufficient aliens and marines to force the predator to have to keep switching vision modes and tactics.) Often, predators have garnered a monopoly and just ruined the experience.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Preds were my favorite class to play but I stopped because they were just absurd and the levels designed for the most part to enhance them were absurd. If was "bad" to get under 15 kills a match with them for me personally. And again, it was the thing people screamed about the most pertaining to the unbalanced ass-feast the game was.

Either or everything about A:CM's MP is far better to me. It took less than two weeks for AvP3s gamerbase to leave in mass - guess we'll see soon enough for A:CM.

Dusk

Dusk

Played Species DM today. I'll tell you this, if anyone ever plays with me, you don't have to worry about spear or disc spamming, because I hit squat with it. I'm more hands-on with the occasional Plasma caster shot.

TheRaven

TheRaven

As far as single player goes AvP 2010 for sure, although A:CM did have a few good moments like 'The Raven' level with no equipment and its tense atmosphere.

As for multiplayer I'm kind of torn, I enjoy both although A:CM felt more varied on the aliens side what with the different types and multiple abilities.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The footage I've seen of A:CM's multiplay looks very boring. AvP was never dull in that regard.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 13, 2013, 11:32:44 PM
The footage I've seen of A:CM's multiplay looks very boring. AvP was never dull in that regard.

As little as I played online AvP2010, I can say that by watching the multi-player for A:CM, that it looks like something that you would just phone in when you're playing.

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

I really liked AvP3 in pretty much all aspects of it. The game had some problems, but it was loads of fun as well. I really wish the multiplayer had been more balanced, but I was able to still enjoy the mulitplayer.

A:CM isn't a good game though. I got some fun out of it, but the multiplayer is utter garbage. The Xenos don't control well, and it's just lacking in options. It feels just as unfinished as everything else, and I'm not going to waste time on that kind of thing. There are better games to play with better multiplayer experiences.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ShadowPred on Apr 14, 2013, 04:59:28 AM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 13, 2013, 11:32:44 PM

As little as I played online AvP2010, I can say that by watching the multi-player for A:CM, that it looks like something that you would just phone in when you're playing.

How do you mean?

Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard

Add some of the customization,ADS from A:CM to AvP 2010 + some more other features since we're in 2013 and games have developed

Predaker

Predaker

A:CM > AvP2010

CONKERSBADFURDAY

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 19, 2013, 05:42:07 PM
A:CM > AvP2010
The planet you live on sounds strange and scary :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed