A: CM vs. AvP 2010

Started by DoomRulz, Feb 13, 2013, 10:37:48 AM

Author
A: CM vs. AvP 2010 (Read 8,217 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Are you a PC gamer? If so, you can pick up AvP for dirt cheap on Steam. For less than $10 I believe. It's a fun ride while it lasts.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Nah, XBox.

My new laptop may be able to handle it, but I've never really been one for gaming on PCs.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

The online in PC isn't very populated, but you can still get into full games. On the other hand, it died quickly on consoles...

And acidglow pretty much nailed this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWT8hXbYz5w#ws

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

No, he didn't even come close to nailing anything. AVP3 MP is unbalanced shit with maps that do nothing but accent how OP the Predators are.

Naissus

Naissus

I still don't understand how AVP2010 looks and feels better than A:CM. 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 15, 2013, 12:49:57 PM
No, he didn't even come close to nailing anything. AVP3 MP is unbalanced shit with maps that do nothing but accent how OP the Predators are.

I'm surprised people still argue this. The Predators are powerful sure but I had my ass kicked numerous times playing as a Pred. They can die just as easily as anyone else in my experience.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 16, 2013, 06:46:59 PM

I'm surprised people still argue this. The Predators are powerful sure but I had my ass kicked numerous times playing as a Pred. They can die just as easily as anyone else in my experience.

I didn't say they were invincible. But they were clearly OP (coupled with the majority of the stages enhancing them) and is the number one reason people said the game is in need of re balancing 3 years ago. They didn't do it - the game saw a exodus of biblical proportions.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

I'm surprised too, because it's very clearly a problem. I played several games just a few months ago wherein the Predators would take the high ground, use their plasma casters, and turn the rest of the map into a nomans land. You couldn't move without getting cheap shotted. It was the worst experience i've ever had in games. Just. Couldn't. Move.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 16, 2013, 07:12:19 PM

I didn't say they were invincible. But they were clearly OP (coupled with the majority of the stages enhancing them) and is the number one reason people said the game is in need of re balancing 3 years ago. They didn't do it - the game saw a exodus of biblical proportions.
This. While I never had a problem defeating them I did get quite pissed how easily I would get killed by the plasma caster or spear while the Predator jumped all willy nilly around the place.

Dusk

Dusk

I remember dying pretty easily as a Pred, when a Marine managed to nail me with a good burst of the Pulse Rifle. It was literally death in seconds.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

And for the marines death literally comes instantly.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 16, 2013, 07:55:03 PM

I'm surprised too, because it's very clearly a problem. I played several games just a few months ago wherein the Predators would take the high ground, use their plasma casters, and turn the rest of the map into a nomans land. You couldn't move without getting cheap shotted. It was the worst experience i've ever had in games. Just. Couldn't. Move.

I never had that problem.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Cal427eb on Feb 17, 2013, 03:38:27 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Feb 16, 2013, 07:12:19 PM

This. While I never had a problem defeating them I did get quite pissed how easily I would get killed by the plasma caster or spear while the Predator jumped all willy nilly around the place.

Don't forget the disc spam - worst balanced FPS I ever played.

Nothing comes close.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. f**king hated it.

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

I'm in the minority of people that actually liked AvP 2010, sooo...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed