2011 gameplay demo walkthrough video was a lie, then

Started by Slaine, Feb 12, 2013, 09:29:53 PM

Author
2011 gameplay demo walkthrough video was a lie, then (Read 10,078 times)

Slaine

Slaine

So yeah, as you've probably heard this level is not in the game, and having finished the single player campaign, I can confirm it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZHA58-_2Eg#ws

Specifically made to make the game look good. None of this happens at all in the game- doesn't look like this or play like this. This "demo" was purposely manufactured on a PC to sell it all.

This is clearly false advertising- incredible false advertising. Reminds me of the Predators trailer where they had all those lasers on Adrien Brody, only for that not to happen in the film, and Robert Rodriguez said they only showed that to pretty much sell the movie.

I also love how at 4:57 of the video, Randy says "Aliens can climb on the ceilings and the walls..it's all driven by sophisticated artificial intelligence". LOL.

This is really bottom-of-the-barrel- marketing from Gearbox. I didn't expect them to go this low.

Elicas

Wonder if they can get in trouble for that, or if they can go 'alpha footage subject to change' and face no consequences.

Gate

Gate

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/301286341998694400

Was looking at Gearbox's forums, and I'm rather appalled by this. Was everything shown to us at expositions truly a sham? What the f**k...

ikarop

ikarop

I'm sure at some point later it was mentioned in interviews that this was a cinematic experience put together for E3. Unfortunately I guess it may have disappointed/confused people who watched it. I remember mentioning it too back in 2011.

Le Celticant

Nope but I believe now that the lens flare were added in Post prod or simply removed (there are some that are still here but the one we've got are pretty low detailed).
Also, the video was color corrected.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Slaine on Feb 12, 2013, 09:29:53 PM
So yeah, as you've probably heard this level is not in the game, and having finished the single player campaign, I can confirm it:

Specifically made to make the game look good. None of this happens at all in the game- doesn't look like this or play like this. This "demo" was purposely manufactured on a PC to sell it all.

This is clearly false advertising- incredible false advertising. Reminds me of the Predators trailer where they had all those lasers on Adrien Brody, only for that not to happen in the film, and Robert Rodriguez said they only showed that to pretty much sell the movie.

I also love how at 4:57 of the video, Randy says "Aliens can climb on the ceilings and the walls..it's all driven by sophisticated artificial intelligence". LOL.

This is really bottom-of-the-barrel- marketing from Gearbox. I didn't expect them to go this low.

Quote from: Gate on Feb 13, 2013, 12:23:23 AM
https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/301286341998694400

Was looking at Gearbox's forums, and I'm rather appalled by this. Was everything shown to us at expositions truly a sham? What the f**k...

To get mad about this is so f**king stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_y3cbIV-Xg#

Gate

I don't believe it's stupid to be mad when the marketing for a game doesn't remotely reflect the quality of the product you are purchasing.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Wow they really got screw over. I guess Sega is the one that step in and force changes to the game. You would think Sega would step up now since they shown improvement with their recent titles lately.

Gate

Albeit I haven't played the game myself to confirm what everybody is complaining about, but from what I can see...

Sega put this game on hold to finish production on AvP 2010, correct?

If that is the case, and from everything I have seen, why aren't they at least of equal quality?

ShadowPred

Quote from: Gate on Feb 13, 2013, 12:48:14 AM
I don't believe it's stupid to be mad when the marketing for a game doesn't remotely reflect the quality of the product you are purchasing.

That has nothing to do with what I'm saying. What I am saying is that it;s stupid to be mad about a demo level that never showed up in the actual game. I provided a video of a similar thing with the Halo 2 demo that was shown at E3, another situation where a level never made it into the actual game. I don't remember anyone dying over it, don't see why anyone should for this game either.

ignite

Killzone 2 did something similar at E3 once and fans were furious about it.

I take the game for what it is and I liked it overall.
But that's probably because I love the movie so much that it made me look past the many shortcomings.
but at the demo shown here... This is what i was expecting and hoped for.
They get things right in the demo to win you over and not putting the same level of effort in the game...
...that's just a slap in the face.

This could have been so much better.

piff

we must all band together and create a class action lawsuit and sue. Or else companies will always mislead the consumer.

I bought the game thinking it was a First Person but the alien is in the third person. they have ripped me, and many people off.

King Rathalos

Quote from: piff on Feb 13, 2013, 01:57:09 AM
we must all band together and create a class action lawsuit and sue. Or else companies will always mislead the consumer.

I bought the game thinking it was a First Person but the alien is in the third person. they have ripped me, and many people off.
QuoteI bought the game thinking it was a First Person
Quotebut the alien is in the third person.
Quotethe alien
Quotealien
Quoteis in the third person.
Quotealien

Now I'm not defending the game...but you're joking right? Did you not see the countless time it was said the Aliens would play in third person?

SM

Quote from: Slaine on Feb 12, 2013, 09:29:53 PM

This short demo had the colony setting, a Crusher, a Queen, a sentry gun and a powerloader all in a very short time frame.  It's been obvious for some time that they were just showcasing some major elements in that clip.

I Come In Peace

It could also be something cut from the game and later resale as dlc $$$$$

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed