User Made Multiplayer Gameplay Videos

Started by WeaN, Feb 09, 2013, 08:18:56 AM

Author
User Made Multiplayer Gameplay Videos (Read 34,318 times)

hfeldhaus

just watched a multiplayer stream and it looks like the main reason to buy this is for MP. looks infinitely better than AVP2010

this ones the best/funniest http://www.twitch.tv/lildopdotcom/b/365573775

Tresnan32

I really hope im not on a team with guys who go and teabag me like this kid -.-

Gren_86

I love the audio cues! MP looks pretty entertaining to me.

Jonesy23

I have to admit, I was a little hesitant about the multiplayer when I saw the IGN special about the game. However, I think that now that I have seen the game played by the actual gamers, I'm much happier with the results. The xenos play a lot better when you actually get someone to play it competently, such as in these vids. I overall had a very enjoyable time watching these matches and I now have renewed confidence.  ;D

WinterActual

WinterActual

Not people. Kids.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 10, 2013, 02:25:05 AM

TDM again... WHy on earth every god damn noob have to play this mindless game mode? Can play some mode where you have to use your brain for once? I guess not.

WeaN

WeaN

The thing is - some mechanics are a bit different in others modes, namely Escape and Survivor, where the Marines are much tougher (they got Armor just like in SP), and the Aliens can't use one hit kill mechanics such as Fatalities. So in these modes, Aliens have a much harder time getting kills and need to work together and attack in swarms a lot more. Marines must also be downed first before Aliens can finish them off, and they can get revived quite quickly.
So it would make sense some players would rather play TDM and Extermination more, as player health is a bit more balanced there.

Corporate Merc

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 10, 2013, 08:23:52 AM
Not people. Kids.

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Feb 10, 2013, 02:25:05 AM

TDM again... WHy on earth every god damn noob have to play this mindless game mode? Can play some mode where you have to use your brain for once? I guess not.

Hey there's nothing wrong with a little TDM it get the blood flowing. That's mostly all I play, never was a huge objective based mode fan. Except this game looks really fun so I'm gonna play everything.

Le Celticant

The third person is so pathetic that almost no one is using the wallwalk.
So predictable...

thekillergreece

Everyone is on tdm...I think the most famous mode, survivor will not have enough players.As well as escape..Argh!

OpenMaw

I don't know why anyone is surprised by this. It's exactly what happened to AVP 2010. And the situations are pretty much exactly the same.

No dedicated server.
Very few maps for the special game modes.
The inclusion of very bog-standard game modes which most of the community is going to flock to.

Alien games need to actually shed the TDM experience and focus strictly on the special modes that would set it apart from other MP games. It makes sense to a degree in AVP to have a TDM or DM mode, because the pace is going to work with that. You've got two species that have a series of long range weapons, and two that have high amounts of agility. It makes sense. For the authentic experience thougH i think DM and TDM need to be purposely excluded from the package deal. Instead:
Escape, Survivor, Horde(Bug Hunt), Rescue.

Kalawaki

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 10, 2013, 02:26:51 PM
So predictable...
I seem to recall a vast number of people in AvP2010 barely used wallwalk as well. Only the skilled players seemed to want anything to do with it.

WinterActual

You need one or two skilled xeno players to rock the whole match anyway.

WarriorRidged

Can someone post clips of Apone, Drake, Hicks, and Hudson in MP PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSEE! :)

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: Kalawaki on Feb 10, 2013, 03:21:02 PM
Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 10, 2013, 02:26:51 PM
So predictable...
I seem to recall a vast number of people in AvP2010 barely used wallwalk as well. Only the skilled players seemed to want anything to do with it.
ACM wallwalk mechanics are much more glitchy and clunky than AvP2010, so that really doesn't help, actually. Surface transition isn't as fluid, some surfaces you can't latch onto, controls getting reversed depending on how the camera positions itself... lots of shit that makes it a pain to actually move the way you intend to, and since the slightest error is quite unforgiving when playing as an alien, it quickly becomes frustrating.
So I'd understand some would rather just avoir wallwalking althogether.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed