Season Pass Details

Started by ikarop, Jan 29, 2013, 05:28:32 PM

Author
Season Pass Details (Read 33,019 times)

The Runner

The Runner

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 24, 2013, 08:29:55 PM
I know... I hated the throwing of barrels and torpedoes. Never made any damned sense.

Loved cruising the waters and hunting down random swimmers, though. :)

For some reason, diving really deep felt unsettling and made me want to go near the surface, again. Was strange.

How deep could you dive?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Vertigo on Feb 24, 2013, 08:41:24 PM
Ocean depths are where great whites go to get laid. If you didn't fancy going down there, it's probably a welcome indicator that you're not into two-ton megapredator bite-orgy bestiality.

Or being eaten to death by giant squid.

Quote from: The Runner on Feb 24, 2013, 09:13:05 PM
How deep could you dive?

You had to go to certain parts of the map, but you could go to a certain depth and the light would start to disappear. Left you in complete pitch darkness, basically. Don't remember if you could go to the ocean floor at those map locations.

The game wasn't really what it could have been, because it had primitive graphics, more in line with 'San Andreas', than things of the time. The actual attacks were very arcade-like and not as fluid as they could have been, either. Still, most of the time, it was fun! Just had a few missions which were frustrating, was all.

Slaine

Slaine

Quote from: Ash 937 on Feb 24, 2013, 05:34:30 PM
Instead of buying A:CM, I went to the Xbox marketplace and downloaded an indie game called Shark Attack for 60 microsoft points.   It's an underwater fps that's very fun and its graphics are almost on par with A:CM.  Highly recommended if you are someone who can get over the graphics for A:CM and can appreciate a VERY low budget game with decent A.I., tense situations, and no glitches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c42Hia-oqlw#ws

Wow that looks fun as hell! Will  definitely consider picking that up!!

Ash 937

Ash 937

There's even a zombie mode with zombie sharks.  These developers don't mess around.   ;D

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 24, 2013, 07:50:47 PM
That looks fun!

I miss 'Jaws Unleashed'... :( Silly and superficial, but was relatively problem-free and you got to play as a giant shark. Was never able to get it going on Vista, though.
Jaws Unleashed owned, holy shit. That game was non-stop fun and I loved it. You got to kill Shamu in like the first level, in front of a huge crowd of people.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Aceburster on Feb 24, 2013, 03:23:53 AM
Quote from: SPECIAL FORCES on Feb 23, 2013, 05:50:18 PM
Btw i don't know much about programming ect.It is possible to do those changes even if the game DLC was already created right? I mean before it goes for massive production.Before the ACM ''main game'' was out and attacked by all reviewers.

If GBX has the full source and desire to fix things they can. It looks like lots of the DLC is already embedded in the shipped game so they may just roll with what they have but they could change things.

Ive got about 10 years of programming experience but dont take my word for it. We will all just have to wait and see what happens.

They certainly have the means but I don't think they have the will or backbone.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Speaking of sharks, have you played PS1 game Treasures From The Deep? It was a tpp game, very interesting, I think it had also different sea creatures for bosses.

ikarop

ikarop

Getting a bit off-topic here.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

a bit?

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Allow me.

Any shark aliens in the DLC? Keep your fingers crossed! We've got a lot of surprises for you!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Aliens: Colonial Marines DLC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ#

Taxemic

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Wonka FTW. He needs to yell at Pitchford for stealing fizzy lifting drinks.

Hey, let me bring this back up, but would you ladies and gents buy the DLC if they in fact had a Nostromo and/or Fury 161 multiplayer map? How about other character models like the Nostromo crew or some of the prisoners, or even the WY commandos from the end of 3?

With the multiplayer as it is now, and patches hopefully on the freaking way for DLC release, I'm hanging on like a booger in an oblivious persons nose... not expecting much, but...

And here, please someone make me feel better about this...

We're all so excited for Bug Hunt because it has a horde mode with AI liens, but the AI in this game is so terrible you can hardly play it all the way through. :-\ Here's a gigantic sore of a question: do you think the AI will be tweaked or improved for Bug Hunt, or more of what we saw in campaign?

Aceburster

Aceburster

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 26, 2013, 04:29:40 PM
And here, please someone make me feel better about this...

We're all so excited for Bug Hunt because it has a horde mode with AI liens, but the AI in this game is so terrible you can hardly play it all the way through. :-\ Here's a gigantic sore of a question: do you think the AI will be tweaked or improved for Bug Hunt, or more of what we saw in campaign?

Some things will have to be improved in order to get good enough reviews to sell the DLC to people. If GBX plans to attempt to make money with DLC then they will have to address the AI problem or they will have paid their people for nothing. Best i got.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 25, 2013, 06:07:58 PM
Allow me.

Any shark aliens in the DLC? Keep your fingers crossed! We've got a lot of surprises for you!

It would end up being cannon....I smell a Jaws/Aliens cross over in the works

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed