Kick Ass Trailer

Started by ikarop, Jan 24, 2013, 02:14:35 PM

Author
Kick Ass Trailer (Read 67,392 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Wikipedia is not always your friend, but in this case it would be.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: RaisingCanon on Jan 30, 2013, 05:09:38 AM
Who's Chuck Yeager?

Dude...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Yeager

"The Right Stuff"? Ya know? Broke the sound barrier?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Sound barrier?

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 30, 2013, 04:25:35 AM
Quote from: Predaker on Jan 30, 2013, 03:05:44 AM
Quote from: RaisingCanon on Jan 30, 2013, 02:52:37 AM
I gave up naive idealism when I stopped sniffing glue.

A:CM could never realistically fit within every fan's ideal wet dream. Some fans want to beat down the aliens like wimps in a bar brawl while other fans believe the aliens are invincible creatures that craft fine art and fly spaceships after they mature. What do you want from an aliens game?

... And some of us would just like an actual attempt at the tension and fear of the movies transferred into the dynamics of a game. the dynamics part being the area of emphasis. The reason this game won't be as good as it could have been for me simply comes down to the over use of scripted sequences and over linearity. AVP 99 was linear, but the AI was basically set loose in the halls to do as it wanted. With the improvements in computer power, and what we've learned of AI in the decade plus change since then, I can only imagine what that same kind of scenario could allow aliens to do.

Same here, although it remains to be seen how A:CM will turn out.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Predaker on Jan 30, 2013, 04:05:53 PM
Same here, although it remains to be seen how A:CM will turn out.

On this, i'm pretty certain that as far as the campaign is concerned, and Co-Op aside, it'll be more COD than Left 4 Dead, which is sad to say, honestly.

I mean if the multiplayer mode is good, I won't care. 'Evac' looks excellent.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed