Prometheus 2: What kind of storyline do you wish to see?

Started by Blacklabel, Jan 17, 2013, 01:16:24 AM

Author
Prometheus 2: What kind of storyline do you wish to see? (Read 11,824 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 18, 2013, 01:44:42 AM
And yet my question stands.

Maybe her Juggernaut has some Alien eggs stowed away that she can cook using David's recently-lit-on-fire body while making his severed head watch.

In all seriousness, with the Engineers being us and all, they probably have a food source of some sort on board.

Cvalda

Well, she's got the rest of David. Robo-milk does a body good...?

Taxemic

I have so many things I want to know about Deacon. Why did the mural look like the Deacon as an infant, or doesn't it get any bigger? Was it prophized or had it been seen before? And what is it's relation to the Alien. How was the Xeno as we know it created?

aliennaire

What about provision, stored at Vicker's lifeboat? There must be some if it's claimed to be capable for sustaining life for 2,5 years!

My short version for Prometheus 2, rumorued as Paradise: Shaw finds the planet and meets Engineers, they are thankfully obliged for hearing back from her about their military installation downfall and ignorant Earthlings, happily surviving all these two thousand years, so that Big Blue chaps shortly rip off her head too and set out to Earth to finish the mission their brothers on LV-223 failed to accomplish then. Whoop! Film's done in 10 minutes!

On a serious side, I hope to see expanded creators-createes chain, where the Engineers are the mere part of intelligent life experiment themselves conducted by more evolved, older beings (thus giving back the Derelict pilot chance to return as actual ET, non-humanoid creature). Probably, the severe competing among createes is thriving, forcing the more knowledgeable to extirpate the inferior ones. And as humanity is better endowed than it was 2000 years ago, we might withstand the charges, least partially. On a personal level, David must choose his side in this war, probably going against Shaw, maybe teaming up with her when he comes to realise that he's nothing than another miserable creature in the eyes of higher beings.

My two cents  :)

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on Jan 18, 2013, 03:25:55 AM
Well, she's got the rest of David. Robo-milk does a body good...?
Good for strengthening those hydraulic joints!

Quote from: aliennaire on Jan 18, 2013, 10:41:47 PM

What about provision, stored at Vicker's lifeboat? There must be some if it's claimed to be capable for sustaining life for 2,5 years!
Never thought of that actually... though in the theatrical cut, we never really see her do anything more than find the Trilobite and 'sacrifice' the Engineer to it, so it'd have to be an off-screen assumption. That said, if that was the reasoning for it in a sequel, I'd be fine with that.

Quote from: aliennaire on Jan 18, 2013, 10:41:47 PM
On a serious side, I hope to see expanded creators-createes chain, where the Engineers are the mere part of intelligent life experiment themselves conducted by more evolved, older beings (thus giving back the Derelict pilot chance to return as actual ET, non-humanoid creature). Probably, the severe competing among createes is thriving, forcing the more knowledgeable to extirpate the inferior ones. And as humanity is better endowed than it was 2000 years ago, we might withstand the charges, least partially. On a personal level, David must choose his side in this war, probably going against Shaw, maybe teaming up with her when he comes to realise that he's nothing than another miserable creature in the eyes of higher beings.

My two cents  :)
Though I've never agreed with the desire to flip back on making the Space Jockey we saw in Alien anything more than what was presented in Prometheus (mostly due to the established theme of one creating in their own image-- and possibly only achieving perfection when breaking that mold; ultimately causing the creator's death), I like the way you think.

That said...
Spoiler

They make you guys pretty close, huh?

Spoiler

Not too close, I hope.
[close]
[close]

OmegaZilla

Shaw goes to the Engineer homeworld. The homeworld has a super-translator field, so that everything you say while you are in its atmosphere is translated to the Engineers' language (too complex of a mechanism to be installed on every satellite or spaceship). Either way she arrives, turns the speaker on and asks "why the f**k do you want to exterminate uuus?"

The Engineers use a megaphone device, and reply: "ak-irshto! Maka-lanada! Eesh ak-irshto ik maka-as?! NAKAAA!" And seconds after, they begin bombing her with neutron bombs. She manages to flee.

In deep space, David helps Shaw translate the ominous phrase, but his translation process is slowed down due to severe damage to his android circuits.

By the end of the movie, he manages to do it. He translates it all! He tells Shaw the horrifying meaning of the statement:

"You have hair! We are bald! Why do you have hair and we don't?! DIEEE!"

Blacklabel

^ Genius.

Wonder if they are actually gonna have David translating everything the engineers say.. or if they are gonna use some kind of "translator implant"... hopefully implanted through a horrifying, painful and weird, giger machine. (that's what i'd do.) :P

aliennaire

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 19, 2013, 12:03:18 AM
...so it'd have to be an off-screen assumption.
Yes, I know what you mean. And that's why the film feels like unfinished jigsaw puzzle game. Unfortunately, the number and shapes of tiles and slots don't correspond here, and I'm not sure whether it's a good sign of story telling.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 19, 2013, 12:03:18 AM
... theme of one creating in their own image-- and possibly only achieving perfection when breaking that mold; ultimately causing the creator's death)...
That's why I speculated about the chain of creator-createes links  ;) There may be a few transitional stages (species) between us and Engineers, as well as from blue guys to their Gods. The first Alien life you found in Universe not neccessarily has to be the only one there. And discovering their interconnections through grisly attempts to make a final perfect organism rings as a great idea to me.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 19, 2013, 08:03:47 AM
"You have hair! We are bald! Why do you have hair and we don't?! DIEEE!"
And here comes relevation!  ;D

Quote from: Blacklabel on Jan 19, 2013, 08:07:03 AM
Wonder if they are actually gonna have David translating everything the engineers say.. or if they are gonna use some kind of "translator implant"... hopefully implanted through a horrifying, painful and weird, giger machine. (that's what i'd do.) :P
Might use that machine on Shaw, as deleted scenes clearly state David can interpret Engineers' language.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed