Aliens: Colonial Marines TV Commercial

Started by ikarop, Jan 14, 2013, 07:17:13 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines TV Commercial (Read 49,940 times)

Gren_86

Quote from: RaisingCane on Jan 17, 2013, 04:58:04 AM
Sharp-tailed facehugger looks at least 62.7% more extreme.
I have to disagree, it serves no purpose from a evolutionary point of view. I hope the game won't be oversaturated with horned and spiked xenos.

unwittytitle

Quote from: Gren_86 on Jan 18, 2013, 05:02:10 PM
I have to disagree, it serves no purpose from a evolutionary point of view. I hope the game won't be oversaturated with horned and spiked xenos.

Whose to say that radioactive fallout from the destruction of the atmospheric processor didn't lead to some mutations in the xenomorph biology?

Additionally, other Alien media has already established the usefulness of the Alien tail/stinger.  Although the facehuggers are primarily designed for impregnation, a sharp tail would certainly provide the creature an additional defense mechanism

SM

SM

QuoteWhose to say that radioactive fallout from the destruction of the atmospheric processor didn't lead to some mutations in the xenomorph biology?

Everyone except Gearbox.

Xenomrph

Quote from: unwittytitle on Jan 18, 2013, 06:13:04 PM
Additionally, other Alien media has already established the usefulness of the Alien tail/stinger.  Although the facehuggers are primarily designed for impregnation, a sharp tail would certainly provide the creature an additional defense mechanism
Not to mention, it's an added distraction that keeps potential prey from defending their mouths, if only long enough for the facehugger to, you know, facehug.

Local Trouble

I stand corrected.  I will therefore downgrade my extremity estimate to 36.49%.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: RaisingCane on Jan 19, 2013, 01:16:56 AM

I stand corrected.  I will therefore downgrade my extremity estimate to 36.49%.
I personally feel 36.42% would be far more accurate.

Salt The Fries

Maybe that's the queen / royal facehugger?

Valaquen

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jan 19, 2013, 12:58:38 PM
Legs aren't webbed. Unless Gearbox missed that?

Cal427eb

Quote from: Valaquen on Jan 19, 2013, 01:35:20 PM
Quote from: Salt The Fries on Jan 19, 2013, 12:58:38 PM
Legs aren't webbed. Unless Gearbox missed that?
Well they did miss a lot of other things...

Gren_86

Quote from: unwittytitle on Jan 18, 2013, 06:13:04 PM

Whose to say that radioactive fallout from the destruction of the atmospheric processor didn't lead to some mutations in the xenomorph biology?

No offence but must I remind you that we are talking about Giger's alien and not some cheap comic-radiation gimmick.

Jango1201

Just saw the commercial air on Tru TV. I have a high def television and the graphics looked very good. If this is what the graphics will actually look like when I slap it in my Xbox, I will be very pleased.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed