Aliens: Colonial Marines TV Commercial

Started by ikarop, Jan 14, 2013, 07:17:13 PM

Author
Aliens: Colonial Marines TV Commercial (Read 50,386 times)

thecaffeinatedone

I'm sort of hoping to see Prometheus related material, just to watch the rate of suicides and ragequits on this board to go up. :p

Queeny Pants

Gotta be honest, I'm really super excited!
If anything, I like the lighting they used in that trailer a whole lot, lets hope they use it as dramatically during game-play, it'd set up a nice atmosphere.

Gren_86

Quote from: Queeny Pants on Jan 15, 2013, 04:14:10 AM
Gotta be honest, I'm really super excited!
If anything, I like the lighting they used in that trailer a whole lot, lets hope they use it as dramatically during game-play, it'd set up a nice atmosphere.
I second that.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 15, 2013, 03:12:40 AM
It's no secret that some aspects of 'Prometheus' will be in there. Remember how they spent time with Ridley Scott, talking about all the secretive details of the then-upcoming film? So they could make sure their game bridged the continuity together?

Those pictures of the Space Jockey make me think it's from somewhere else. The telescope mechanism looks different, as does the room.

If I recall correctly, the only links are in the design of the Derelict. They went back and did a blend of the styles from both Prometheus and Alien.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: The Runner on Jan 14, 2013, 10:07:16 PM
*fingers crossed*

Please keep the Jockey a mystery.

:3
Son, let me tell you about a story called Prometheus.

Xenomrph

Quote from: SM on Jan 15, 2013, 12:08:50 AM
all this "authentic sequel" wank, which is constanly shown to be ill conceived bullshit.
Not really. Game looks (and sounds, and feels) pretty authentic to me.

Corporal Hicks

As much as I'm open minded to all the media, it doesn't fit with the films that well. I know you're a huge advocate of reconciling it all, but the EU and films have completely seperate feelings. ACM, for all it's authenticity and feeling that it fits, all the gameplay and enemy liberties don't.

Wont stop me enjoying it based on those differences though. Unless they're too ridiculous.

Xenomrph

Well sure some liberties have to be taken since it's a videogame and not a movie. But in terms of being "authentic" to the movies I certainly wouldn't say it's anything approaching "bullshit".

To each their own I guess.

Corporal Hicks

I think for many it's the mutations.

Xenomrph

I'm 100% sure that's for gameplay purposes. It's sort of like saying that the Special Infected in Left 4 Dead make the game no longer an "authentic" zombie game. It's sort of not seeing the forest for the trees.

WinterActual

The only authentic zombies are the Romero's zombies from Night of the Living Dead and Dawn of the Dead. All other zombies which are runners or have some special abilities are non authentic.

Xenomrph

So you'd say that the Left 4 Dead games aren't "authentic" zombie games?

Also what makes an "authentic" zombie, especially if we're talking about a fictional creature anyway? Traditional, perhaps, but I'm not so sure that's a synonym for authentic.

Similar with Colonial Marines, the game can introduce new Alien variations (especially for gameplay purposes) and still feel very 'Aliens' on the whole.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Alien Resurrection didn't need that to scare the living shit out of you, or to be very hard, even on easy difficulty setting. That being said I'm also ok with certain liberties as long as they enhance the gameplay in a meaningful way, but at this point any speculation is rather pointless until we actually get to play the game. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it regardless, I just want it to feel like a mature, smart and proper Aliens experience and not a juvenile wank or over-excessive fan service.

WinterActual

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 15, 2013, 11:43:53 AM
So you'd say that the Left 4 Dead games aren't "authentic" zombie games?

Yes they are complete joke and have nothing to do with the survival in zombie apoc. But I am hoping the kids playing L4D will act like in the game when the apoc hits. The real deal are Zombie Panic Source and No More Room In Hell. This is how you will survive in the zombie outbreak - gather supplies and barricade somewhere safe, if you think you will "escape" using run n gun tactics like in L4D you are dead.

Salt The Fries

L4D is just a fun game for what it is, the problem with A:CM is though that it was meant to be "BEYOND" and transcend every single Aliens game we've known thus far and for at least half of its dev cycle it was marketed and hyped as that, to fill such peculiar niche previous titles were unable to. And now instead of being above and beyond "them", it will only be  variation of "them".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed