Achievements List

Started by ikarop, Dec 21, 2012, 10:46:59 PM

Author
Achievements List (Read 19,162 times)

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 23, 2012, 01:39:09 AM
Quote from: Private W Hudson on Dec 22, 2012, 09:16:03 PM
Damn.. this game is going to be awesome, but i must admit this is starting to loot abit like Left 4 Dead achievements and not to mention that evac mode.. it's basically a portion of the campaign Like L4D, Non of the less.. it still looks amazing and outstanding, I cannot wait to play this. Newt's Doll achievement made me sad.. but also sad because i thought we would atleast had a few more achievements like find hudsons corpse or apones, etc.. among other marines, not to worry tho we have that easter egg achievement too so pretty great deal.
SPeaking about L4D similarities...I'm just now thinking that maybe it will only feel that way during multi-player...don't know why, but it's just a thought I'm JUST now having. Hopefully I'm right, because I don't want any L4D similarities popping up in the campaign...maybe a single section of one of the missions similar to escape mode would be nice, but that's it.
Quite frankly I'm not keen on playing a game from our franchise based on a mod for Half-Life2, no matter how successful it is.
Games like L4D, Serious Sam and COD are fun to play with your mates because they are plain and simple but yet entertaining, especially for children and adults who cant invest much time in the more demanding game titles out there. There is no thought process involved, the old run and gun formula.
I hope that's not the case with this highly anticipated title.

reecebomb

reecebomb

Damn, even the achievements are uninspired, save for the Casey's head  :'(

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 23, 2012, 01:39:09 AM
SPeaking about L4D similarities...I'm just now thinking that maybe it will only feel that way during multi-player...don't know why, but it's just a thought I'm JUST now having. Hopefully I'm right, because I don't want any L4D similarities popping up in the campaign...maybe a single section of one of the missions similar to escape mode would be nice, but that's it.

Single player didn't feel like L4D. Neither did MP. It all felt immensely Aliens.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 23, 2012, 12:12:31 PM
Single player didn't feel like L4D. Neither did MP. It all felt immensely Aliens.

I'll take your word for it, I badly needed some shred of optimism.

Light

Light

Anyway, I wish with all my heart that  the developers prove me wrong somehow and just to let you know(Razz,Dovahkiin and Predaker), to be a game developer doesn't mean I am a supreme being or anything, its just a job.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Alright now kids. Enough of the name-calling and trashing. Stick to the discussion at hand - achievements.

Stringer2355

Stringer2355

I like the titles of the Achievements, mostly "Aliens" references, some "Alien".

Was thinking of some other possible Achievement titles

"We're f**ked.....No Your f**ked" - Be the only Marine to survive "Escape"

"85" - Kill your self by accident (Hidden)

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Light on Dec 23, 2012, 03:29:47 PM
Anyway, I wish with all my heart that  the developers prove me wrong somehow and just to let you know(Razz,Dovahkiin and Predaker), to be a game developer doesn't mean I am a supreme being or anything, its just a job.

I understand where you are coming from with regards to that particular escape preview but I just wanted to assure you that it is not representative of the gameplay balance.

Relax, have a good time, and welcome to the forums. :)

Light

Light

Quote from: Predaker on Dec 23, 2012, 11:15:56 PM
Quote from: Light on Dec 23, 2012, 03:29:47 PM

I understand where you are coming from with regards to that particular escape preview but I just wanted to assure you that it is not representative of the gameplay balance.

Relax, have a good time, and welcome to the forums. :)

I hope you are right, since we are going to buy the game regardless...
Anyway, I was on this website from the very beginning, I am not new here.
I created this profile the first time I got angry, when I actually had to post some common sense, but thanks for the welcome anyway.
I don't always post comments on AvPgalaxy, but when I do, it's because I am pissed off.

szkoki

szkoki

my worst fear: its a COD like game with a lot of scripts, lot of qte-s  and lot of cutscenes just we'll get an Aliens environment aswell

because u have to please the audience and not just the fanbase and the main audiance grew up on COD... and because my expectation is this: a really new gamestyle or oldschool survivor horror game in fps with tension with loveable characters and with a decent story

and if i had to bet my house on it....i would choose the 1st version because im a realist....well um if its true at least it will be a funny nostalgic day to play it through with my brother

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 24, 2012, 02:35:48 AM
my worst fear: its a COD like game with a lot of scripts, lot of qte-s  and lot of cutscenes just we'll get an Aliens environment aswell

because u have to please the audience and not just the fanbase and the main audiance grew up on COD... and because my expectation is this: a really new gamestyle or oldschool survivor horror game in fps with tension with loveable characters and with a decent story

and if i had to bet my house on it....i would choose the 1st version because im a realist....well um if its true at least it will be a funny nostalgic day to play it through with my brother

Kinda of like saying "I dont want apples" "what i'm hungry for are ApPlez."

Predaker

Predaker

This actually looks like something I would enjoy getting all the achievements for.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Does anyone have a clue on the ranking system yet ? Apparently the highest rank is 60 but other than that ?

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Gren_86 on Dec 24, 2012, 08:04:22 AM
Does anyone have a clue on the ranking system yet ? Apparently the highest rank is 60 but other than that ?
No idea but it will probably reward mindless compulsive grinding over real display of skill.

Crotum

Crotum

Someone puts it better than me, a character in a game WE ALL KNOW got its inspiration on the AVP franchise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J6-3l3hCm0#

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed