Achievements List (Read 18,890 times)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Jango1201 on Dec 22, 2012, 04:28:18 AM
Sounds great if it's not dragged out.

It is a slippery slope, to be sure.

Light

Light

We should have some kind of last generation combat androids with acid-immune armor in escape mode(an excuse). In TDM a xenomorph can kill a marine with a single hit... but in escape mode a little kitten is more dangerous.
How can they ruin the game like that?
f**king bastards made the game for the COD little kids and not for the real fans!
I know it will be fun to play and all, but it will never be a xenomorph experience.
In L4D you can just laugh about it because the whole game is a joke and we are all fine with that, but here we wanted to feel the tension we felt in the old alien games/movies... fun and SCARY at the same time.
At this point, I just hope the SP will have a real "nightmare" difficulty and not like in all the new games, where even the most retarded beginner can finish it.
I am pissed off!

szkoki

szkoki

its like hollywood...you make a game what u can sell to more people, its business simply....because after that they will say "yeah GBX did that!!! lets hire them"...just like the michael bay movies

Gren_86

Gren_86

I wonder about the one achievement ''Entry prohibited" where you have to kill 10 xenos using vents. Does it mean that you can actually prevent a xeno from grabbing one of your fellow marines in SP? I haven't followed much of the info regarding the scripted moments in the game so please excuse me.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Yes but trying to please everyone, they'll end up pleasing no one and definetly not people like us who by the way should have been the people this game is aimed at in the first place.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: Gren_86 on Dec 22, 2012, 12:00:09 PM
I wonder about the one achievement ''Entry prohibited" where you have to kill 10 xenos using vents. Does it mean that you can actually prevent a xeno from grabbing one of your fellow marines in SP? I haven't followed much of the info regarding the scripted moments in the game so please excuse me.

That would be phenom yo!!!!!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Gren_86 on Dec 22, 2012, 12:00:09 PM

No. It'll be killing in MP. There are vent areas used as entry points for Aliens.

Gren_86

Gren_86

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Dec 22, 2012, 12:31:12 PM
Yes but trying to please everyone, they'll end up pleasing no one and definetly not people like us who by the way should have been the people this game is aimed at in the first place.
I agree, after all were are allegedly the targeted demographic, right  :-\
Then again I don't wanna sound to sceptical before actually having had played the game.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

QFT, this is exactly right, and I believe it's always a mistake for any developer to say they want to please everyone. It won't work, and to sort of say what you said, it will end up being made for no one.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 22, 2012, 06:28:29 PM

QFT, this is exactly right, and I believe it's always a mistake for any developer to say they want to please everyone. It won't work, and to sort of say what you said, it will end up being made for no one.
QFT Quantum field theory? ...oh."Quoted For Truth"

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Light on Dec 22, 2012, 10:29:21 AM
We should have some kind of last generation combat androids with acid-immune armor in escape mode(an excuse). In TDM a xenomorph can kill a marine with a single hit... but in escape mode a little kitten is more dangerous.
f**king bastards made the game for the COD little kids and not for the real fans!
I know it will be fun to play and all, but it will never be a xenomorph experience.
In L4D you can just laugh about it because the whole game is a joke and we are all fine with that, but here we wanted to feel the tension we felt in the old alien games/movies... fun and SCARY at the same time.
At this point, I just hope the SP will have a real "nightmare" difficulty and not like in all the new games, where even the most retarded beginner can finish it.
I am pissed off!

Seems to me that you're overstating what you're saying quite a bit. A single hit in TDM? Really? All the gameplay I've seen has had marines getting killed by three, even four hits when at full health. How do you know the Xenos are so much more useless in escape mode? I would think that the devs would make the Xenos have the same attack power in each mode. And yes, "Ultimate Badass" mode has been confirmed. Try to at least be a little bit more appreciative of what Gearbox has been trying to do. They have made some bad decisions, to be sure, (looking at you, boiler and xeno visual customizations) but they are trying to give us a good Aliens game. And you make yourself look like an immature kid when you call them "f**king bastards".

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Dec 22, 2012, 08:14:03 PM
Quote from: Light on Dec 22, 2012, 10:29:21 AM
I am pissed off!

Seems to me that you're overstating what you're saying quite a bit. A single hit in TDM? Really? All the gameplay I've seen has had marines getting killed by three, even four hits when at full health. How do you know the Xenos are so much more useless in escape mode? I would think that the devs would make the Xenos have the same attack power in each mode. And yes, "Ultimate Badass" mode has been confirmed. Try to at least be a little bit more appreciative of what Gearbox has been trying to do. They have made some bad decisions, to be sure, (looking at you, boiler and xeno visual customizations) but they are trying to give us a good Aliens game. And you make yourself look like an immature kid when you call them "f**king bastards".
The most recent Escape mode preview shows the aliens getting mowed down and the marines never dying. It's piece meal to demonstrate the mode from beginning to end, IMO.

When people actually played Escape mode at the conventions most of them died before they could finish all of the objectives.

The lurker can kill marines in one tail strike from the ceiling, also. Starts @30 seconds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fO8-aakpzA#t=0m30s

Private W Hudson

Private W Hudson

Damn.. this game is going to be awesome, but i must admit this is starting to loot abit like Left 4 Dead achievements and not to mention that evac mode.. it's basically a portion of the campaign Like L4D, Non of the less.. it still looks amazing and outstanding, I cannot wait to play this. Newt's Doll achievement made me sad.. but also sad because i thought we would atleast had a few more achievements like find hudsons corpse or apones, etc.. among other marines, not to worry tho we have that easter egg achievement too so pretty great deal.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Private W Hudson on Dec 22, 2012, 09:16:03 PM
Damn.. this game is going to be awesome, but i must admit this is starting to loot abit like Left 4 Dead achievements and not to mention that evac mode.. it's basically a portion of the campaign Like L4D, Non of the less.. it still looks amazing and outstanding, I cannot wait to play this. Newt's Doll achievement made me sad.. but also sad because i thought we would atleast had a few more achievements like find hudsons corpse or apones, etc.. among other marines, not to worry tho we have that easter egg achievement too so pretty great deal.

SPeaking about L4D similarities...I'm just now thinking that maybe it will only feel that way during multi-player...don't know why, but it's just a thought I'm JUST now having. Hopefully I'm right, because I don't want any L4D similarities popping up in the campaign...maybe a single section of one of the missions similar to escape mode would be nice, but that's it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I just wish "Perfect Killing Machine" was called "Perfect Organism."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed